Travis

Re: Could Travis be acused of neglecting their UK fans?
Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Fri 17 Jul, 2009 6:04 PM Quote
Haha

Fran's the man!

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Fri 17 Jul, 2009 6:26 PM Quote
Thank you Fran for finishing this never-ending discussion, the atmosphere was a bit tense :S

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 17 Jul, 2009 6:42 PM Quote
I've been thinking of the up side of Fran coming round to my house with said wedge ! lol

How many gigs have they done in UK :( ?
heehee

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 17 Jul, 2009 8:56 PM Quote
Yep Ben, you had an opinion and you stated it. People shouldn't knock you for that. It's better to talk about things rather than letting them boil under anyway.

Tonie wrote:
I'd love to know know how many of the 26 dates mentioned were in or around London. I can only recall 1, last October, which I was unluckily not around for.

I can see one London show in the Ode period (+1 Hard Rock Café which was a competition or something) but about 4 in 2007. There's a few which are close-ish to London but I can completely understand if people couldn't make them. I travelled about 900 miles to see them 3 times and I was lucky that the gigs coincided with other reasons to travel. Given that I live in a ridiculously remote place, I'm glad that they go round many different cities rather than just stopping off in Bristol, Manchester, London, Birmingham etc like a lot of other bands.

Monica
Monica Posted Fri 17 Jul, 2009 10:38 PM Quote
I haven't read all the pages (sorry!) but all I have to say is that I'm very happy Travis have played in Spain lots of times although they've never been a massive band here. Of course there are many places they would love to visit but they can't. I'm sure it's not their fault.

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Fri 17 Jul, 2009 11:24 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
I haven't read all the pages (sorry!) but all I have to say is that I'm very happy Travis have played in Spain lots of times although they've never been a massive band here. Of course there are many places they would love to visit but they can't. I'm sure it's not their fault.

I agree :)

melissa
melissa Posted Sat 18 Jul, 2009 2:36 AM Quote
WELL I THINK U'RE SO LUCKY...
COME ON PAUL
HERE IN BUENOS AIRES, THEY WERE IN 2007, AND IN 2008 WE COULDN'T ENJOY THE LAST ALBUM LIVE... JUST PERU AND VENEZUELA.

AND WE'RE WAITING FOR THEM, LIKE WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THEM YEARS BEFORE THE FIRST VISIT.

XXXX

mili
mili Posted Sat 18 Jul, 2009 4:33 PM Quote
They've been to Finland once, I think it was 2001, a festival in the sticks (I wasn't there).
Even Morrissey has now been here twice in recent years, even though it's not the World's most exciting concert venue for an artist (there's only 5,2 million or so of us in the whole country, so the record sales are bound to be small). Britney paid a visit this week and Madonna is coming in August. I'd rather have Travis!

cornax
cornax Posted Sat 18 Jul, 2009 10:28 PM Quote
I'm half tempted to piss Fran off just to get the promised wedgie.

closergms1968
closergms1968 Posted Sun 19 Jul, 2009 1:44 AM Quote
Ooh i feel sick.

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:00 PM Quote
So no UK Tour then? lol i have to admit that the album wasnt toured in the way a band looking to sell loads of records in the UK would normally tour but i think on this one the guys are rich and settled and happy enough to just wanna go see other places n rock there balls off, i cant say im not jealous cause i am the but im fairness ive seen Travis 6 times since TBWNN came out (would have been 7 if those assholes in Edinburgh let me in...but thats another story) I'm happy everyone else is gettin a chance to see them just jealous im not gettin my fix haha....also before the Tour ends they need to come and play Ode in the Barras in Glasgow just to rock its mind.

Trevis
Trevis Posted Sun 19 Jul, 2009 6:04 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
We play our balls off every night regardless where we are or who we play for, so kindly fuck off with your moans

Francis and 10 more.

Kristy
Kristy Posted Sun 19 Jul, 2009 8:59 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
We played 25 times in the Uk out of 86 shows over J. Smith. That's a third of all shows. There is no other country we played more or play more. WTF!
We play our balls off every night regardless where we are or who we play for, so kindly fuck off with your moans else I will come round your house and personally administer a wedgey... AYE!

*APPLAUSE*

You just can't get the fans these days :P

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Mon 20 Jul, 2009 12:28 AM Quote
cornax wrote:
I'm half tempted to piss Fran off just to get the promised wedgie.

So long as he sings me some songs either before or after, I will gladly take a wedgie!

lestafox
lestafox Posted Tue 21 Jul, 2009 9:50 PM Quote
Guys ive just visited this message board after a few weeks so im a bit out of touch. I know everybody cares and when that happens everybody wants to have an opinion but can we just refrain from having negative discussions such as this as it does nothing but upset people. I strongly agree with Fran, we all know from going to their gigs how hard they work their socks off and put on a performance and trying to satisfy everybody around the world is a tough ask so we should be grateful that we got 20 shows in god knows 2 years or so, thats a lot if you ask me. the only bands who do more at home are those who have a small fan base abroad. Anyway, bottom line be appreciative, grateful and talk aboutr all things good and positive

Pages Previous 1...5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:13 AM