Travis

Could Travis be acused of neglecting their UK fans?
paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 12 Jul, 2009 11:12 PM Quote
Albums been out nearly a year- and only 20 shows in the UK since its release...

What do you think?

Re: Could Travis be acused of neglecting their UK fans?
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 12 Jul, 2009 11:37 PM Quote
In a way, yes. Definitely. Especially when you consider over half of their total album sales are from the UK (big point) and it's their home country. I think you're under selling it. It must be not many more than 20 UK shows in the past 2 years. None this year at all. Real shame. Though I go to my point I made before. Sales ARE important. I hope people start to see that now when they suddenly realise they can't see the band live. Not enough demand from the public. Pathetic album sales.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:41 AM Quote
How about 2 shows in Ireland in what, about 8 years I think it is judging by the tour archive?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:04 AM Quote
This might be an unpopular opinion with the UK fans but 20 shows in a year sounds like an awful lot to me. Your entire country is smaller than my state. You have a fantastic train system. If you want to see them badly enough it seems like it's possible.

I know that is simplifying the matter and there are always logistical challenges but my point is 20 shows in my mind is not a small amount.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:34 AM Quote
No, it's 0 UK gigs in 9 months. Around 20 in the past 2 years. We may be a small country, but they've still achieved so much here and it's their home country. They should do Argentina, Ireland, Australia... but they shouldn't forget the UK either.

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:35 PM Quote

I don't think so.

I agree with Ben about 0 shows this year. That's really nothing...

but about this 20 shows in 2 years....Home country or not - the UK is not more important than ..I don't know Italy or Japan or any other freaking country on this little planet..
One's not bound to a country just because someone's been born there - and 20 shows in 2years - is still fucking great!

I just think it's not evenly spread...maybe there should've been 10 2 years ago and 10 this year...

but still..they've been on the road for like 10 months - which is an afwul long time...

and other countries don't get 20 shows....

sorry but this sounded like a bit spoiled to me..like...last time I did get my 20 lolipops...why not his year...
the world's big place you know ;)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:02 PM Quote
I think I agree with Nora. And thanks for remembering us, Ben! :o)
I know it's a completely different situation and I'm not comparing myself to fans in the UK because like I said, it's completely different. But just the thought of 20 Travis gigs in two years makes my mouth water, lol.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:11 PM Quote
20 gigs in 2 years would be more than a lot for me! Last gig in Sweden was 6 years ago, I have to go abroad if I want to see them..

leticia
leticia Posted Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:14 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
But just the thought of 20 Travis gigs in two years makes my mouth water, lol.

This comment made me laugh sooo much...lol!

Yeh I agree with the girls. In Argentina we had 1 concert in... well.. 20 years!!! *sobs uncontrollably*. BUt I see your point Ben, you are used to go to concerts all the time.

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:42 PM Quote
I understand your concern but I think I've earned the right to complain even more than you guys! Imagine over 10 years waiting and only one gig as reward (one I couldn't attend because I didn't have the money to travel to - the closest country to me - where they were playing: Argentina, but that's my problem...*sobs*)

We desperately need to have them back! I'm willing to travel to any South American country to see them, if I were in Europe I would save enough money to get on a train with destination Travisland, wherever that happened to be :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:00 PM Quote

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:05 PM Quote

I still don't understand the thing...with Travis do come from here..

so what?

I hope that does not count for all artists...so actually they come from Scottland...shouldn't they be playing 90% of the UK gigs then in Scotland...instead of England or Ireland? :)...just kidding..

I see your point with the record selling..but about this point of origin ......i personally find that a bit lame..

ppl are the same everywhere - no matter what freaking passport they've got - so it does not freaking matter where they come from... to decide where they should play the most - or more than in other countries...

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:15 PM Quote

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:17 PM Quote
If the band wants to widen their audience then I think it's a great thing that they focus on playing abroad right now.
With 20-30 shows the UK still gets their share of Travis. If you count overall, they must have played a lot more UK gigs than all of the abroad gigs together and it's not like they're punishing you or anything, is it? They started with giving you guys a taste of Ode, so I bet you're still in their hearts :) They can't be everywhere, so they probably feel like it's some other countries turn, maybe you're next on their schedule :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:29 PM Quote

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:48 PM