Travis

Tribute to Michael
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 26 Jun, 2009 3:26 PM Quote
Michael has given us some of the most memorable music of all time. I wouldn't disagree with a fame comparison made today with Beethoven.

Anyway fav music

Earth Song
Billie Jean
Liberian Girl
Beat it

Rest in peace x

Re: Tribute to Michael
Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Fri 26 Jun, 2009 7:42 PM Quote
Thriller was one of the best f**king videos ever.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 26 Jun, 2009 10:31 PM Quote
Tracey982 wrote:
Thriller was one of the best f**king videos ever.

Yeah, fucking great video, who actually remembers the fucking music tho'. that and shite like queen are responsible for turning what should have been music and gigs into "Shows". Thanks a fucking lot. That sorta shite pushed out people who couldn't afford to make big flashy videos or have a huge stage with helicopters and pyrotechnics.

Dubz

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 26 Jun, 2009 11:01 PM Quote
This is a tribute thread. Please make negative comments in another thread . Dubz , please remove your post and start a different thread , your comments are an insult.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 26 Jun, 2009 11:40 PM Quote
Anything from Off The Wall and Thriller. Both great albums. Bad is also a very good album. Unfortunately, in more ways than just musically he lost his way after that. He'll be remembered for his music and his strange ways, but I think he'll be remembered in a positive way. :)

Thriller is a super video. ;)

Beat It was one of the first songs I can remember listening to and enjoying. :)

R.I.P

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 26 Jun, 2009 11:53 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
This is a tribute thread. Please make negative comments in another thread . Dubz , please remove your post and start a different thread , your comments are an insult.

Insult to whom ?

I find people who take music and turn it into a circus an insult.

The last time I checked this was a public forum, and if you are gonna start posting in a public about your views then I should be allowed to express mine.

Dubz

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 27 Jun, 2009 12:00 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Somewhere Else wrote:

Insult to whom ?

The last time I checked this was a public forum, and if you are gonna start posting in a public about your views then I should be allowed to express mine.

Dubz

Thats what you think . Ok. Just do it another thread please. This is a tribute thread.An appreciation thread where your comments are not welcome.

Tributes only in this thread please . There are many controversial aspects to Michael Jackson and if you want to air them , ok , just make your own thread for that debate.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 27 Jun, 2009 5:19 AM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Somewhere Else wrote:

Insult to whom ?

Dubz

Thats what you think . Ok. Just do it another thread please. This is a tribute thread.An appreciation thread where your comments are not welcome.

Tributes only in this thread please . There are many controversial aspects to Michael Jackson and if you want to air them , ok , just make your own thread for that debate.

While I don't agree with Dubz' comments at all on this subject, it is a public forum and I find the way you choose to monitor the threads you create on this board kinda hilarious. Lighten up. Why don't you do what you did to Kristy and I a while ago and delete your comments and change the name of the thread to "the thread for idiots"?

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sat 27 Jun, 2009 5:26 AM Quote
R.I.P. Michael

I remember watching him perform on the grammys back in the 80s when I was a kid. I think no matter how hard he tried he could have never been able to top the success he had back then.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 27 Jun, 2009 1:46 PM Quote
I agree that Dubz should leave his stuff out of this thread. What's wrong with us having a positive thread about Michael Jackson without all the shit?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 27 Jun, 2009 2:51 PM Quote
R.I.P Michael Jackson, one of the most talanted musicians in history!

I love Bad, Billie Jean, You're Not Alone and all the other classics you have given us.

Ps. I love Queen too, rest in peace Freddie!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 27 Jun, 2009 7:47 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I agree that Dubz should leave his stuff out of this thread. What's wrong with us having a positive thread about Michael Jackson without all the shit?

This is a public forum, end of. I will view my points in any thread I choose, the whole point of starting a thread is for other people's participation. Do not dare to tell me to be silent as these are my views.

I have stated on this board many a time that even if I disagree with any postee's point of view I will still defend their right to say what they like.

If you want to stay all lovey dovey and happy clappy why don't you head back over to T-Chat where the grass is greener and people like your good self are obviously better suited.

As Nikki has already stated she will not agree with my point of view but she thinks I have a right to air it.

Please revert soonest.

Dubz

Moray
Moray Posted Sun 28 Jun, 2009 2:47 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

Dubz comment is extremely relevant in the context of things. Michael Jacksons private life was played out via the media in a very public way. A private life that was, to put it politely, very questionable as he attracted controversy on a global scale, meaning his death was always going to spark discussion about his relevance in popular music vs. his way of life as seen in the public glare of the media. Particularly how his final years will affect his legacy as a musical icon and popular music artist.

Plus he was a bit weird, wasn't he, so it's quite fun to talk about.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 28 Jun, 2009 7:47 AM Quote
Moray wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Dubz comment is extremely relevant in the context of things. Michael Jacksons private life was played out via the media in a very public way. A private life that was, to put it politely, very questionable as he attracted controversy on a global scale, meaning his death was always going to spark discussion about his relevance in popular music vs. his way of life as seen in the public glare of the media. Particularly how his final years will affect his legacy as a musical icon and popular music artist.

Its you who is an 'utter tit'. The thread was for positive MJ .Having to point it out is one thing but watching people like you makes me really realise what poor Jacko had to deal with.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 28 Jun, 2009 8:15 AM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
Moray wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Its you who is an 'utter tit'. The thread was for positive MJ .Having to point it out is one thing but watching people like you makes me really realise what poor Jacko had to deal with.

Poor Jacko?!?!? Like Michael Jackson didn't bring any of that negative attention onto himself? Look, I like Michael Jackson's music, am very sad he died and respected him as an artist and talented performer, but it seems like you are in denial that the dude was off his rocker! He was the definition of a weirdo in his later days.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:51 AM