Travis

Predictions for next album?
Intergalactic91
Intergalactic91 Posted Fri 19 Jun, 2009 12:42 AM Quote
I know it may be a way of yet. I hope not but I re-read the Q review for Ode To J Smith and it said their next move will be vital between soft acoustic (Man Who/Invisible Band etc) or sticking with the indie rock of Ode.

I really hope they keep the Ode thought for another album but go back to acoustic stuff later on.

Date: Summer 2010

any thoughts?
x

Re: Predictions for next album?
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 19 Jun, 2009 12:54 AM Quote
Fran recently said he was writing so hopefully they do have another album in mind. I hope they take a little longer than they did with Ode to filter out the Get Ups of the song world but hope they don't take as long as TBWNN to keep the raw feel of Ode.

Date: Spring/Summer 2010.
Sound: Less rock, more fun pop. Invisible Band type stuff.

leticia
leticia Posted Fri 19 Jun, 2009 4:05 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Invisible Band type stuff.
Me like it...

steeler62
steeler62 Posted Fri 19 Jun, 2009 4:35 AM Quote
I would also agree with a more pop album, with a few rock songs like eyes wide open sprinkled in. I really hope they don't take as long as the boy with no name.

For a release i am thinking fall 2010, about a 2 year difference between ode and this one.

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Fri 19 Jun, 2009 6:48 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
... hope they don't take as long as TBWNN to keep the raw feel of Ode.

I pray every single night for it.

BenFilbert wrote:

Awww! that would be great :)

P.S. I know you mean 'second half' when you say spring/summer of 2010, right? ...actually for the southern hemisphere it would be fall/winter season :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 19 Jun, 2009 11:01 AM Quote
Gangzta-rap with Neil on lead vocals :)

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 19 Jun, 2009 11:46 AM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

PMSL - that would be hilarious! A project for the future, guys, lol.

silvella
silvella Posted Fri 19 Jun, 2009 12:36 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
...to filter out the Get Ups of the song world...

Ahem!!! NO!!! More Get Up's please!!! *g*

BenFilbert wrote:
... but hope they don't take as long as TBWNN to keep the raw feel of Ode.

Agree with the rest, Ben. And a new song like Driftwood, please, guys...

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Fri 19 Jun, 2009 2:03 PM Quote
I Love Get Up!!! im not asking for a album of Get Ups but i just thought id defend it its good and fun.

I Hope They Keep the Rock Edge Of Ode but maybe Beef It up a little taking a bit more time. I dont really want another Album of accoustic songs to be honest maybe one or two on the album the way more than us and I Love you anyways sit into good feeling.

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 19 Jun, 2009 2:24 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Fran recently said he was writing so hopefully they do have another album in mind. I hope they take a little longer than they did with Ode to filter out the Get Ups of the song world but hope they don't take as long as TBWNN to keep the raw feel of Ode.

Really? I thought the last album was great - different than "TBWNN" for instance - but great :).

:) I just wish they would have taken Sarah, Ballad of J.Smith or Tail of the tiger on the record :)

:D

:D

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Fri 19 Jun, 2009 2:55 PM Quote
I hope they don't take such a long time to record the next album... I think that, for now, Ode was enough as experimenting with short periods of time goes. I would like to hear a return to TMW sound with some of TIB feeling, to mix it up a bit :)

Spring/Summer 2010 sounds great to me! Then we could finally have them around during the promotional tour, and when that happens, I'll be extremely happy :D

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 19 Jun, 2009 3:10 PM Quote
steeler62 wrote:
I would also agree with a more pop album, with a few rock songs like eyes wide open sprinkled in. I really hope they don't take as long as the boy with no name.

Sounds perfect. Eyes Wide Open is rocky without feeling too serious.

alanistradi wrote:
I know you mean 'second half' when you say spring/summer of 2010, right? ...actually for the southern hemisphere it would be fall/winter season :)

Hmm... When i said Spring/Summer i was meaning May/June/July 2010. That's over 18 months after Ode. More than fits in with Fran's plan. Plus, they don't seem to be touring again this year. Having a break and writing ready to record the album next year. I guess. :)

TheBoyWithAName wrote:

......... Wow. Just wow.

Nell wrote:
Really? I thought the last album was great - different than "TBWNN" for instance - but great :)

LOL When did i say it wasn't great? ;) For me, it's a 4 star album as is TBWNN. They both have great and weak points but in totally opposite directions. I just feel another Ode style album wouldn't be a great way for Travis to take their next album. I want to hear Walking In The Sun/Side/Follow The Light/Coming Around type stuff. I guess a little more bouncy version of TBWNN. :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 19 Jun, 2009 5:26 PM Quote

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 19 Jun, 2009 5:26 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

LOL When did i say it wasn't great? ;) For me, it's a 4 star album as is TBWNN. They both have great and weak points but in totally opposite directions. I just feel another Ode style album wouldn't be a great way for Travis to take their next album. I want to hear Walking In The Sun/Side/Follow The Light/Coming Around type stuff. I guess a little more bouncy version of TBWNN. :)

Yeah some upbeat pop/rock with a sunny feeling to it and then a couple of sweet tunes a la Indefinitely.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 19 Jun, 2009 6:01 PM Quote
Anything so long as it's got vitality and they believe in it.

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:30 PM