Travis

Dublin guys!
bara
bara Posted Thu 18 Jun, 2009 4:32 PM Quote
People living in wonderful Dublin!

Your city will soon be visited by me and my friends!
soooo...
tips where to go? You all got good music-heart so tell me some places to be! or to meet people!
and to be just happy and seeing what Dublin is like!

We'll be there end of July for a few days...

would be wonderful to get some tips!

thanks here and there and everywhere.
happy hellos,
bara

Re: Dublin guys!
fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Thu 18 Jun, 2009 5:03 PM Quote
I'm going to Dublin tomorrow! I love it there, don't know it well enough to give you much pointers though, except it's got nicest Topshop I've ever been in, Stephen's Green.

bara
bara Posted Thu 18 Jun, 2009 5:28 PM Quote
nevertheless thanks you! we sure gunna go there..
wish you most of fun n good weather!

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Fri 19 Jun, 2009 3:34 PM Quote
Maybe this can help : http://www.timeout.com/dublin/

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 19 Jun, 2009 3:43 PM Quote
bara wrote:
People living in wonderful Dublin!

Your city will soon be visited by me and my friends!
soooo...
tips where to go? You all got good music-heart so tell me some places to be! or to meet people!
and to be just happy and seeing what Dublin is like!

We'll be there end of July for a few days...

would be wonderful to get some tips!

thanks here and there and everywhere.
happy hellos,
bara

It totally depends on what you want to do while you are here, there's absolutely loads to do. the National Museums and Art Galleries, Guinness Tour with Sky Bar, Phoenix Park, Stephen's Green, Trad Music in an old trad bar, A PROPER pint of Guinness, Kilmainhaim Gaol, Rebellion walking tours, Ghost bus tour, Temple Bar.

Open Top Bus Tour is a must.

Have a think about what you would like to do, what your interests are and lety me know and I'll try to put something together for you.

Dubz

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Mon 22 Jun, 2009 12:18 AM Quote
If you're interested in museums and stuff I'd recommend going to the Dead Zoo exhibition in the National Museum. I went to it on Friday and it's great. But I'm interested in that kinda stuff. Oh, and it's free.

gromit373
gromit373 Posted Mon 22 Jun, 2009 3:16 PM Quote
and don't forget about stuff like Trinity College and the Book of Kells! if only to walk around and see the cool old buildings, or sit by the cricket pitch with a sandwich if it's a fine day... temple bar is pretty much a requirement for tourists, tho i usually only go to the farmer's market there (sat/sun), so i have no specific recommendations... there are a few places for trad music/dancing, and also, yes like scottish dubliner said, you do have to go get a proper pint of guinness!

i also recommend the guinness storehouse, and several people i know loved the jameson distillery... dublin castle grounds are nice, tho i've never taken the tour... oh, there's a free walking tour (starts every day at 11a) that takes you around to most of the big spots so you can just see where you want to go back and explore, but don't believe half of what they tell you!

oh i also love the inside of christ church, lots of random old decor and history, and the crypts are properly creepy.. never been in st patrick's, but the grounds are lovely! and if you're up that way, definitely stop by queen of tarts for a chocolate fix.. can't think of anything else really, except if it's a nice day, stephen's green, iveagh gardens, and phoenix park are great spots to sit and enjoy the weather :) have fun!!

bara
bara Posted Sun 26 Jul, 2009 10:01 PM Quote
hey you all guys

i know this is a very old thread yet. but just wanted to thank you all again for your friendly help. on tuesday morning we'll arrive in dublin and are so so SO excited yet! if youd like to meet up with us four funny people, just write me on myspace and i hope we can check our mails somewhere there.
myspace.com/kay_bee_baby

cheers!
B.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 11:43 AM