Travis

Request 4 Sarah The Swindler's NEW ALBUM thread to be purged
neo1011
neo1011 Posted Thu 11 Jun, 2009 1:49 AM Quote
http://www.travisonline.com/board/view.php?t=12234

I do not appreciate getting my hopes, wallet & time being wasted & dashed by irresponsible threads such as the above.

Re: Request 4 Sarah The Swindler's NEW ALBUM thread to be pu
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 11 Jun, 2009 2:16 AM Quote
Don't take life so seriously. She was just having fun. You've now bumped it back up the board yourself after it had started to drop away. Once you clicked open the thread you'd have noticed it was a joke.

neo1011
neo1011 Posted Thu 11 Jun, 2009 3:08 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Don't take life so seriously.

I don't. Why take her Side? Just because she's an above average looking woman doesn't give her leverage to mislead fans.

I come to forums to be instructed on the latest releases by favourite bands, authors & trends. I don't come BB's to lose money at the expense of Sarah- seeking attention & m mindless joke.

I'll stand by this post. I read Travis took 6 weeks to record OTJS, so a new album leaked wasn't outside the walls of possibility.

Hence my $eriousness in googling, signing up to www.play.com, ringing their customer service number in pursuit of a non-existing Travis album.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 11 Jun, 2009 3:32 AM Quote
Pathetic first paragraph.

Secondly, why would the title of a thread on an Internet forum make you go about doing all that? Didn't you even click onto the thread or do you only ever read the headline? That's how people get the wrong end of the stick. They don't read the whole story.

I'm not saying I was a huge fan of what she did, I got very excited at first glance. I clicked open the thread and realised she was joking.

I just think you're over reacting. A quick look at this site, Wikipedia or even a post within her thread asking for more information would have been the first thing I did. Why call some phone number when you have a website full of Travis fans who could have put you straight.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 11 Jun, 2009 3:33 AM Quote
So, did you click on the link that she posted? They sound nothing like Travis, or our Travis. And didn't the posts below her initial post kinda give it away that it was a joke?

leticia
leticia Posted Thu 11 Jun, 2009 3:52 AM Quote
C'mon! It's SO obvious that that's not Travis... I think you should have waited for an official thread from TWT or something before wasting your money.

neo1011
neo1011 Posted Thu 11 Jun, 2009 3:52 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
A quick look at this site, Wikipedia or even a post within her thread asking for more information would have been the first thing I did.

I'm a hollow gullible sore loser at times. I mean look at the track titles: they sound kinda pseudo-intellectual to me & Travis V.20 tinged.

But on closer inspection & reflection: Fran & the band don't really assign complicated or preachy song titles: they keep it relatively simple.

I'll back off now...but still to childish to say sorry to Sarah- for possibly sullying her reputation.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 11 Jun, 2009 5:55 AM Quote
neo1011 wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

I don't. Why take her Side? Just because she's an above average looking woman doesn't give her leverage to mislead fans.

LMAO! What?!?!!? I agree with Ben. That is pathetic.

Nell
Nell Posted Thu 11 Jun, 2009 10:04 AM Quote

shit double post..

besides :) the album actually is made by a band called Travis :D Sarah did nothing wrong ;D

I'll call my band: The Who...wonder if that's possible as well :D

Nell
Nell Posted Thu 11 Jun, 2009 10:04 AM Quote
neo1011 wrote:
http://www.travisonline.com/board/view.php?t=12234

I do not appreciate getting my hopes, wallet & time being wasted & dashed by irresponsible threads such as the above.

Haha if u'd really have spent one second listening to it you'd have known it was a joke.
Even if not we discussed this band earlier - and knew it was a joke -
and even if you weren't there discussing it - and didn't recognise it wasnt Travis ("our" ones) You'd sill could just read the comments below her and READ it was a joke..

Haha...so you could have known it was a joke in 3 different ways :) and even if not...
What's the point in grumbling about it now - a WEEK later...
She's right to have a laugh with us! After all one point of humanity is having fun, making jokes... (Elvis PARSLEY :D)

you take life wayyyyyyyyyyy to seriously!

Beside: when you're life time is sooo damn important you shouldn't waste it on messageboards :D

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 11 Jun, 2009 10:48 AM Quote
neo1011 wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

I come to forums to be instructed on the latest releases by favourite bands, authors & trends. I don't come BB's to lose money at the expense of Sarah- seeking attention & m mindless joke.

I'll stand by this post. I read Travis took 6 weeks to record OTJS, so a new album leaked wasn't outside the walls of possibility.

Hence my $eriousness in googling, signing up to www.play.com, ringing their customer service number in pursuit of a non-existing Travis album.

What? Did you actually buy that album? Haha you should blame yourself man, everyone else got the joke.

Nell
Nell Posted Thu 11 Jun, 2009 11:38 AM Quote
always wait for the official release note

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Thu 11 Jun, 2009 2:00 PM Quote
Please, it was so obviously not Travis!!
People only had to read the following posts to be certain.
Every one is responsible for double checking information with other sources before making any decisions...there's no one to blame except yourself. Sorry!

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Thu 11 Jun, 2009 4:14 PM Quote
errm... hey guys! :D

you probably won't believe me but until now i didn't even know this thread was about me, lol. i saw it several times, but didn't realize... haha, anyway.

weell, i don't know where to start but there's not much left to say, since i totally agree with ben. btw, thanks to everyone who's defending me, very nice of you! =)

so... first of all i don't really like that this thread (i mean this one here, not mine ;) ) exists.
neo1011, you already told me that i suck in the other thread and i understood your problem there, i even said i was sorry. so... why the hell is there another thread and why didn't you contact ME in the first place? i think this really is a bit childish.

as i said, i'm really sorry that this happened to you, but i still DON'T think it's my fault. not at all. my thread doesn't say "come on everyone, go and buy that album as fast as you can!!!!" does it?
if you had listened to the songs for like 3 seconds before choosing to buy that album (which is what i would do), you would have realized that this has nothing to do with travis in any way! you would have come to the same conclusion if you had read more of the thread or - of course! - had done any research first! and that's what i would definitely do, before buying ANYTHING. and btw, i never ever thought anyone was actually going to believe what i'm saying...

but anyway. i think there's nothing left to say now. if you're "too childish" to say sorry to me (remember you said that), it's okay with me, i don't want you to. my reputation wasn't "sullied" at all, in my opinion. i still don't like the way you're dealing with this, but oh well.
thanks for that "above average looking woman" compliment, tho - i found it rather strange in this context, but still... LOL.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 11 Jun, 2009 5:12 PM Quote
Sarah- wrote:

thanks for that "above average looking woman" compliment, tho - i found it rather strange in this context, but still... LOL.

Maybe he just has a crush on you and this is his way of showing it.

Boys...

:)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:25 AM