Travis

Best Travis B-Side
Intergalactic91
Intergalactic91 Posted Sat 23 May, 2009 5:05 PM Quote
Best Travis B-Side?
Probably done before but hey let's get nostalgic :)

Just listen to a few from the 12 Memories and era and wondered how on earth Enemy wasn't on the album

Ballad Of J Smith is a cracker too but I've got to listen to them all again to pick an absolute favourite

Re: Best Travis B-Side
Nell
Nell Posted Sat 23 May, 2009 9:56 PM Quote

Yes! Finally :)

I totally agree with you! Enemy, Ballad of J. Smith but also The Distance would be my top 3.

at least at the moment :D

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 23 May, 2009 10:03 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

I totally agree with you! Enemy, Ballad of J. Smith but also The Distance would be my top 3.

Sorry if I spoil anything for you, but The Distance isn't a b-side ;)

My favourite b-side must be Life And Soul Of The Party :)

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sat 23 May, 2009 10:34 PM Quote
Loads of 'em.

20, Life & Soul of the Party, Village Man...

I like the Good Feeling era ones in particular.

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 23 May, 2009 10:40 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Nell wrote:

Well we've had this discussion once before and it ended as a tie when I remember right? officially it's an album - but cmon -not a "real" one, right?

Haha that reminds me of an interv. where Fran once answered the question why we never hear Dougie singing songs on the record (I think it was a scottish interview) - well he said something like Dougie's the bass, Andy's the guitar, Neil the drumms and he himself's the voice of the band. (which would indicate that they neither count that record as an "album")

but if I'd had to change: replace it with "Tail of the tiger" :D

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 23 May, 2009 10:48 PM Quote
Nell wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Nell wrote:

Well we've had this discussion once before and it ended as a tie when I remember right? officially it's an album - but cmon -not a "real" one, right?

but if I'd had to change: replace it with "Tail of the tiger" :D

Yes, but technically it has to be on a single to be a b-side, but maybe I'm a bit finicky :P

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 23 May, 2009 11:26 PM Quote
Enemy is great! The only thing for me is that Dougie sings it. We've talked about this before, that even though i LOVE that song and Dougie has a super voice, Fran is the voice of Travis and i wouldn't really want someone else taking lead vocals on a Travis album. :)

I think Travis b-sides are at their best from 12 Memories era onwards. Some of my favourites: Life and Soul of The Party, Sarah, Used To Belong, The Ballad Of J Smith, The Great Unknown. Obviously going further back things like 20, Village Man. :)

Personally, i view non-album songs as b-sides. In the past it was a b-side because it was on the b-side. Since CDs have come along that term isn't exactly true anyway, i guess. "Singles" is not an album, therefore in my opinion The Distance is a b-side. The only time this gets difficult is on bonus tracks on albums, like Perfect Heaven Space. For me it's an album track, but i don't think it's on every version of the album. :)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 23 May, 2009 11:39 PM Quote

Right now, Tail Of The Tiger. The Ballad Of J Smith and Sarah, too. Ode has some brilliant b-sides... except for Used To Belong, which I consider to be the worst Travis song ever. Funny! :oP
I love the ones off Good Feeling too.
Travis certainly has tons of amazing songs that are too good to be b-sides.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 1:36 AM Quote
It's so hard to choose! Travis have tons of fantastic b-sides! At the moment I like Tail of the Tiger, Sarah, The Great Unknown, Enemy, Beautiful Bird, and Combing My Hair (I guess this one doesn't get too many mentions, but it has been on my favs list since the first time I listened to it).

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 2:34 AM Quote
Some of my current favorite B-sides are: 1922, Just the Faces Change, Sarah, City in the Rain, and 20.

kdough20
kdough20 Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 2:42 AM Quote
Oh there are so many!

A few of mine are: Sarah, 1922, Just the Faces Change, City in the Rain, This Love, and Ring out the Bell.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 2:45 AM Quote
kdough20 wrote:
Oh there are so many!

A few of mine are: Sarah, 1922, Just the Faces Change, City in the Rain, This Love, and Ring out the Bell.

Ahhh, we have similar taste:)
Welcome to the board!

monkey
monkey Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 2:46 AM Quote
kdough20 wrote:
Oh there are so many!

Just the Faces Change is a great song

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 3:00 AM Quote
l think that Village Man and Sarah

singme0430
singme0430 Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 3:24 AM Quote
Village Man, 20, The Ballad Of J.Smith, Life And Soul Of The Party etc.. ;)

Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:03 PM