Travis

Days Of Our Lives
Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 03 May, 2009 4:42 PM Quote
One of my fav Travis b-sides at the moment. The whole jazz vibe is just awesome. Love the way it ends too. Was just interested to know, with it being a relatively 'un-Travisy' Travis song, what you guys think of it? Personally I'd love a whole album of this kind of stuff but don't know how well that'd go down with other Travis fans.

Also, does anyone know who plays the trumpet (is that what it is?) in the song? Is it one of the band members?

Re: Days Of Our Lives
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 03 May, 2009 4:51 PM Quote
I'm sorry Luke, but this is at the bottom of my Travis-list :( Keep enjoying it! ;)

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 03 May, 2009 4:57 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I'm sorry Luke, but this is at the bottom of my Travis-list :( Keep enjoying it! ;)

Ah well, as I say, it's not a very Travis song so I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people don't really like it.

It's on the same single CD as Turn and River as well. Best single release EVER! :P

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 03 May, 2009 5:02 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

Ah well, as I say, it's not a very Travis song so I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people don't really like it.

It's on the same single CD as Turn and River as well. Best single release EVER! :P

On the other hand I really love The Sea and that's not a typical Travis song :P

However I feel a bit bad for not liking a Travis song, so I'll leave this thread to those who really appreciate this song :)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 03 May, 2009 8:03 PM Quote
Thanks for pointing this out Luke, I actually hadn't listened to that before. Nice trumpeteering! Travis haven't strayed much into loungebar, it would be cool to hear a couple more jazz b-sides sometime. I'm not entirely sold on the whole album idea though :)

I've always wanted to start a thread about this but I thought it might be a bit niche :) There'd be three of us arguing the toss about whether the Turn songs are better than the Re-Offender lot or the ones off Walking In The Sun. Bit pointless, but fun nevertheless.

leticia
leticia Posted Sun 03 May, 2009 10:22 PM Quote
One of my fav Travis b-sides at the moment. The whole jazz vibe is just awesome. Love the way it ends too. Was just interested to know, with it being a relatively 'un-Travisy' Travis song, what you guys think of it? Personally I'd love a whole album of this kind of stuff but don't know how well that'd go down with other Travis fans.

Also, does anyone know who plays the trumpet (is that what it is?) in the song? Is it one of the band members?

Luke, I like this song very much too... the jazzy feeling, the trumpet of course...Definitely an "un-Travisy" Travis song.

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Sun 03 May, 2009 10:38 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Nice trumpeteering! Travis haven't strayed much into loungebar, it would be cool to hear a couple more jazz b-sides sometime. I'm not entirely sold on the whole album idea though :)

I agree, it's always nice to get new Travis sounds, to see the whole range of what they're capable of...this usually happens with their b-sides.

the boy with a cryptic name wrote:

I've always wanted to start a thread about this but I thought it might be a bit niche :) There'd be three of us arguing the toss about whether the Turn songs are better than the Re-Offender lot or the ones off Walking In The Sun. Bit pointless, but fun nevertheless.

I'd have to say, though hard as it is to actually pick only one...Turn :)

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Sun 03 May, 2009 10:45 PM Quote
I like this bside, but it is not one of my favorites and I don't think I would like a whole album with this feel. But, I have always wondered who did the trumpet?

damon
damon Posted Mon 04 May, 2009 10:19 PM Quote
mmm i don't have it,
at first time i tought of Soupopera "days of our lives" staring "Joey Tribbiani" hahaha, remember that ? on friends,

someone could share it with me?

Cheers

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Mon 04 May, 2009 10:40 PM Quote
damon wrote:
mmm i don't have it,
at first time i tought of Soupopera "days of our lives" staring "Joey Tribbiani" hahaha, remember that ? on friends,

someone could share it with me?

Cheers

I believe Joey refers to it as DOOL lol!

I don't have the song to give to you , but if you go Here you can listen to every song Travis has ever recorded.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 04 May, 2009 10:57 PM Quote
For anyone who wants to download a Days Of Our Lives mp3:

http://www.mediafire.com/?yz5glyox1nw

damon
damon Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 12:41 AM Quote
For anyone who wants to download a Days Of Our Lives mp3:

http://www.mediafire.com/?yz5glyox1nw

alright !

Thanks

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 2:45 AM Quote
Thanks Luke!

singme0430
singme0430 Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 4:37 AM Quote
Days Of Our Lives is 'un-Travisy', as you mentioned, but I do like that song too. I don't really think I'll be into an album full of that kind of songs, though!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 12:34 PM Quote
Well, maybe I wouldn't want an album full of exactly this kind of music, it would get a bit boring. xD

But I like music with jazz/swing influences and undertones. I think there are other Travis songs out there that have that - perhaps The Fear for instance.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:05 AM