Travis

In which Andy demonstrates a variety of Rock God moves...
cornax
cornax Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 4:14 PM Quote
...in the span of less than one minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZq7Q-L-iDY&feature=channel_page

I only discovered that my camera was capable of capturing video 3/4 of the way through the concert (that's right...I NEVER read manuals) and almost didn't bother posting this snippet because I thought the point of it was to capture Dougie singing and I obviously missed that boat. But after rewatching (because I'm sad like that) I discovered that the REAL point of it is that Andy is teaching a course on how to be a Rock Star.

Re: In which Andy demonstrates a variety of Rock God moves..
Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 4:25 PM Quote
Awesome. I love Andy and his rock star moves! It's so fun taking pictures of him during shows! I'm all about the Frandy spot at a gig! :)

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 5:12 PM Quote
cornax wrote:
But after rewatching (because I'm sad like that) I discovered that the REAL point of it is that Andy is teaching a course on how to be a Rock Star.

Absolutely, Rock Star all the way!! I'm convinced he's possessed by the spirit of rock :P

Well, almost a minute of GREATNESS, soo appreciated!

But let's not underestimate Dougie's moves with the bass, the instrument is brought to life :)

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 5:33 PM Quote
Andy's awesome!

l love when he jumps, he really feels the music, and the guitar. He rocks!!

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 5:36 PM Quote
Mr. Andrew 'guitar hero' Dunlop :)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 5:44 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Awesome. I love Andy and his rock star moves! It's so fun taking pictures of him during shows! I'm all about the Frandy spot at a gig! :)

Agree. Next time Frandy again.

PictureInWhite
PictureInWhite Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 6:31 PM Quote
Aww, thanks for posting that! He's a truly exceptional musician whom I don't feel gets nearly the love and respect he deserves in that capacity. The last two gigs I've gone to, I've stood directly in front of him and sometimes sort of forgot to look over at what was going on with the rest of the band cos I was so rapt. Plus, E-bow, gorgeous Les Paul, & killer jumps FTW!

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 7:31 PM Quote
HAHA! I just watched this w/ the sound off (the hubs is napping). When there is no music, it is kinda funny to watch, there is no reference to the emotion so obviously displayed hehe! I will hafta take a second look w/ sound later to get the full affect.

I've always stood either in front of Dougie or b/n Dougie and Fran (the friend I usually go with is head over heels for Dougie) but I would REALLY like a Frandy spot someday!!! I usually can't see Andy, but when I do, he is amazing!

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 8:01 PM Quote
alanistradi wrote:
Mr. Andrew 'guitar hero' Dunlop :)

Ah yes. Cheers for the clip.

cornax
cornax Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 12:45 AM Quote
Oh good...I'm glad I posted it! I should have realized everyone loves to see a bit of Andy doing his thing. : )

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 12:55 AM Quote
Lizzie b wrote:
HAHA! I just watched this w/ the sound off (the hubs is napping). When there is no music, it is kinda funny to watch, there is no reference to the emotion so obviously displayed hehe! I will hafta take a second look w/ sound later to get the full affect.

I did the same the first time I watched it. Yes, it was a bit funny but fantastic too. I was very impressed by how much energy Andy holds inside and then takes it out like a proper rock star. He absolutely rocks! Oh yes, now I watched it with the sound on, and it was even greater :oD.

Also seeing the whole picture of the band playing their hearts out is breathtaking. It makes me realize (once more) why I love Travis so much :o).

cornax
cornax Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 2:17 AM Quote
bogusblue wrote:

Also seeing the whole picture of the band playing their hearts out is breathtaking. It makes me realize (once more) why I love Travis so much :o).

They are one of the few...maybe only...bands my husband and I are willing to get there early for just so we can get a prime balcony spot. Even though there were still close up floor spots we prefer to get that full band view. They are very joyful to watch. : )

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 2:42 AM Quote
bogusblue wrote:

I was very impressed by how much energy Andy holds inside and then takes it out like a proper rock star. He absolutely rocks!

I KNOW! He has sooooo much energy on stage, it's ridiculous! I get exhausted just watching him.

cornax wrote:

They are one of the few...maybe only...bands my husband and I are willing to get there early for just so we can get a prime balcony spot. Even though there were still close up floor spots we prefer to get that full band view. They are very joyful to watch. : )

I would really really like to see them from above, but I just can't seem to pry myself from the front! I would love to be able to see the whole band from up there, but there is just something about being in the thick of it that makes it so much fun and interactive. You're not just watching a performance, you're part of it.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 3:22 AM Quote
That video made me giggle. He is like a monkey. An extremely talented monkey. Oh how I love him.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 7:24 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:

Haha. I wanna try for a Frandy spot next time around. I've always been Frougie.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:19 AM