Travis

Re: For our Mexican Friends - Swine flu
Monica
Monica Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 7:22 PM Quote
irenesfor wrote:
mili wrote:
Spain has now confirmed the first case in Europe.

Be careful out there!

8 possible cases now here, in Spain.

According to El País there are more than 8 cases :S My cousin went to Mexico last month and came back 20 days ago or so. I hope she's fine...

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 7:46 PM Quote
Shit, this keeps growing :S!

They suspended school here in my city too (until May 6th), l think there are some cases here...

This is a bit scary...l hope it ends soon.

The only thing we can do is take care of ourselves, and wait.

Hopefully it'll end soon...

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 8:24 PM Quote
Shit!
Thing are getting scary. Looking less people on the streets, all with mask. It feels weird the ambient actually.
And i have flu, a normal flu. No symptoms, just sore troath, i've been sneezing and coughing. But that's all.
And i feel very unconfortable to go out of home, 'cause yesterday for example, was walking on the street, then a loud sneeze got out of my mouth, and two police men looked at me very weird. I thought they would put me on quarantine. haha.
Now with the earthquake, what's hapenning here?!
well i don't know what to believe actually, but this situation is getting scary.
Schools are closed, cinemas are closed, pubs, and every social site is closed...but, job is open woohoo!!....¬¬
And yes, i have to work, with my normal flu, can't stay at home because i have to finish some campaigns.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 8:32 PM Quote

Yeah real scary, has anyone actually snuffed it yet???

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 9:08 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

Suspected to have caused 103 deaths.
Usually very old and very young are the ones that don't survive the flu, if I'm not mistaken.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 9:52 PM Quote
I've written a song called Mexico, maybe it's time for me to sing it for you to show my support!

Meridith
Meridith Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 10:01 PM Quote
wow...just want to say to you all that I hope you are okay and that I'm thinking of you.

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 10:04 PM Quote
I hope everyone's OK and keeping safe.

XXX

damon
damon Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 10:34 PM Quote
everybody seems so worried and scared, thanks for support everyone, let's hope it finishes soon, the company i work for send us home and work from here...

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 11:20 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

Usually very old and very young are the ones that don't survive the flu, if I'm not mistaken.

Fuck !!

Although again playing "devil's advocate" how many people normally die from flu (or a new strain of flu) in this timescale ??? Also 103 out of how many ??

I'm not saying I don't give a sh!t, I apologize most profusely to anyone who has lost anyone.

I just do not like sensationalism, for example if it's 103 out of a population of 6,706,993,152(the world) thats .00000000015% if it's 103 out of 105(perfectly healthy human beings) then it's 98.1% That's a massive difference.

I just feel it's another "tool" the media/governments are using to attempt to scare the shit out of us (and if I'm being totally cynical, keep us under control, [i.e. divert attention to the shit they are really getting up to, How many laws,bills etc were "sneaked in" after 11/9]).

Dubz

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 11:32 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

Yes, that's what I know too. But now it's been said that the vulnerables ones are the people between 25-50 years old. Children have unusually recovered very fast this time, the only concern is that the children could spread the disease to the vulnerable population.

I honestly don't know what to thing about it. Everyday gets even scarier, I don't know if it's that serious as they say, or there's something else behind this... A few hours ago a friend of my brother, whose dad works for the goverment, said to him something that freaked me out a lot. I won't say anything about it, but you should all take preventive measures seriously, especially the ones who believe this disease can't hurt them... I'm talking about Mexico, but also all around the world take care of yourselves :o).

jesusaremus wrote:

And i feel very unconfortable to go out of home, 'cause yesterday for example, was walking on the street, then a loud sneeze got out of my mouth, and two police men looked at me very weird. I thought they would put me on quarantine. haha.

I feel that way too. And for me the thing that is very alarming is that the president signed a decree (I don't know if I'm using the proper word in English) that says the army or the police can enter to any place (any house) to check if there's any possible sign of the outbreak, of course without asking permission. Also the police can check you things such as bagpacks, bags, clothes, everything on the public transport if there's any suspicion regarding the disease. Some scary, really scary stuff! At least to me...

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Tue 28 Apr, 2009 4:18 AM Quote
C'mon!

Cheer-up!

Everything happens for a reason...

Hopefully it'll end soon...

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 28 Apr, 2009 12:28 PM Quote
You know folks, it really is the most pointless thing in the world to worry about something you can do nothing about.

More and more the media seems to be out there as a voice for doom and gloom rather than to spread actual information.

Move on.

mili
mili Posted Tue 28 Apr, 2009 12:37 PM Quote
The Finnish band the Rasmus has decided to continue their Mexican tour. That must be sort of encouraging

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Tue 28 Apr, 2009 6:17 PM Quote
mili wrote:
The Finnish band the Rasmus has decided to continue their Mexican tour. That must be sort of encouraging

Yes, that's why l'm really worried.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:27 PM