Travis

Perfect Heaven Space
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Mon 13 Apr, 2009 10:02 PM Quote
Always one of my top three tracks

Now has a lifetime meaning for me ...how quickly a song can change its meaning and impact.

Has this ever happened to you with a Travis song?

Re: Perfect Heaven Space
leticia
leticia Posted Mon 13 Apr, 2009 11:38 PM Quote
Yes, it does happen to me. For example, "As you are" is also one of my favs and that last bit "...And ever since a long time I felt the rain..." has a whole new meaning for me now than it had before. Same happens with "Safe", "Indefinitely" and "Somewhere else" : )

Perfect songs... I just can't understand why there are people that don't like Travis.

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Thu 16 Apr, 2009 10:21 PM Quote
I have it the same way. I remember falling in love last spring and suddenly I was listening to the more upbeat Travis I hadn't listened much to before. Walking in the sun never felt better ;)

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Fri 17 Apr, 2009 1:02 AM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:

Now has a lifetime meaning for me ...how quickly a song can change its meaning and impact.

So what's your third? I'm guessing your second is your username. :)
And yes this has happened to me many times as well.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 17 Apr, 2009 10:23 AM Quote
This has happened to me with almost every Travis song, with a few exceptions. :)

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Fri 17 Apr, 2009 5:25 PM Quote
Oh, absolutely! It happens to me every now and then. For instance, I hadn't listened to The Man Who in a while, maybe a couple of songs from time to time but not the album as a whole. And for whatever reason I picked it up to take with me in a road trip. I was 13 when I first layed hands on it and gave meanings to the lyrics. Now that a few years have gone by, I've grown up and began to see other layers of meaning...it's like, I can relate on different levels to a phrase, a melody. Travis has become the soundtrack of my life, every important moment is some how linked to a song.
When I used to listen to WDIAROM, I wondered how was I going to be when I turned 17. After it happened I could picture certain situations while singing that song, life gave it more meaning than I could've ever imagine.
Turn, is still, in my opinion, one of the best songs, along with Driftwood and Three times and you lose, they all move on the "Songs that will never get to bore me" list after I moved away to college and started dealing with the real world.
I guess life changes and with it the songs that play in the background...

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 17 Apr, 2009 10:19 PM Quote
MusicGirl99 wrote:
Somewhere Else wrote:

So what's your third? I'm guessing your second is your username. :)
And yes this has happened to me many times as well.

Side and Last Train

But Quite Free is lurking !

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 9:17 AM