Travis

What a week!
Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Mon 13 Apr, 2009 5:12 PM Quote
This week has been so up and down for me. First of all my rugby team Salford, they knock Hull FC out of the Challenge Cup (this might mean nothing to a lot of you) but Hull are a huuuuge team and well, we aren't, so it was a shock win.

Then nearly a week later i receive some news that i didn't want to hear and all i wanted was a hug and to talk about it which i still haven't been able to do.

The next day Salford win at home against Warrington, our rivals that we hate, in a real nail-biting but incredibly exciting game and everything is fantastic again.

Then i wake up with a cold on the Easter weekend and don't venture out. Today i've spent the whole day in bed so when Salford play again it's only on the radio. We beat Leeds (the team that actually won the Superleague last season when we were in a lower divison) by 30-20!!! We haven't beaten them for 32 years!! So i feel all happy again!

I find it a little spooky that this year, well this month, is the 15th anniversary of my grandad's death and it would have been his birthday yesterday and we have won 3 huge games. It doesn't seem much i know but we were really in dire straits just 2 weeks ago as a club and suddenly we are the complete opposite.

It's a really funny week, i feel down and the next minute i'm up...i dunno what's going to come next but if it's a pattern, bad news is on the way!

A random post i know but i just had to say something.

Re: What a week!
SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 13 Apr, 2009 5:41 PM Quote
Helen, I hope you're wrong about bad news being on it's way! Chin up...I'm sure things will start looking up for you! You do need a hug...

http://www.memorygreetings.com/eImages/Hugs.jpg

dee
dee Posted Mon 13 Apr, 2009 8:46 PM Quote
*hugs*
maybe its the start of an uptrend for you?
i hope so:)

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Tue 14 Apr, 2009 5:26 PM Quote
Thanks guys. But i knew i was right with bad news being on its way. Our cat (well it really belongs to over the road but it lives at our house) was run over today :-(

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 14 Apr, 2009 5:39 PM Quote
Oh no!! I'm sooo sorry, Helen!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 14 Apr, 2009 6:23 PM Quote
Helen as a huge kitty lover my heart goes out to you.

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Tue 14 Apr, 2009 6:29 PM Quote
I've had an update. His tail was run over so he's at the vets and he has to have part of his tail removed. It's weird that he's not here. Hope he'll be ok

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 14 Apr, 2009 8:18 PM Quote
Helen *the original* wrote:
I've had an update. His tail was run over so he's at the vets and he has to have part of his tail removed. It's weird that he's not here. Hope he'll be ok

Wow I was just presuming your kitty had died. What a relief. I mean that is still a big deal but glad he hasn't left your family.

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Tue 14 Apr, 2009 8:23 PM Quote
Well it's more serious than we first thought. He has a broken back and he's too in shock for them to do anything so he'll get x-rayed tomorrow but it's not looking too good i'm afraid.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 14 Apr, 2009 9:08 PM Quote
Well it's more serious than we first thought. He has a broken back and he's too in shock for them to do anything so he'll get x-rayed tomorrow but it's not looking too good i'm afraid.

I'm sorry Helen. I really hope the situation turns around.

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Tue 14 Apr, 2009 10:03 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

I'm sorry Helen. I really hope the situation turns around.

Fingers crossed for you Helen. I hope that he recovers enough for them to help him.

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 5:12 PM Quote
Update.

The cat is back home! I had a lovely surprise coming home from work on thursday to find him asleep on my bed. He has a limp tail but other than that he seems fine. He purred as soon as he saw me which was nice. Can't believe how much i missed him even though he's not my cat! He might still have to have his tail off and we have to go and take him home every night to his real owners but i'm glad he's around again :-)

Darran
Darran Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 5:54 PM Quote
Oh and don't forget to update the fact Utd humped Spurs when everyone else was laughing at us at half time.

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 6:24 PM Quote
Ha ha. I was actually at a rugby league game at the time and was getting updates from dad who was at Old Trafford. At half time i said to my mum "remember when we beat Spurs and scored 5 in a one half?" and i guess history repeated itself! YEAH!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 7:26 PM