Travis

Re: Is Facebook causing fewer posts here?
Monica
Monica Posted Mon 13 Apr, 2009 4:32 PM Quote
I've never been someone who posts like 30 posts a day but I admit that I don't post now as often as I did some months ago. But it's not because of Facebook or any other websites.

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 13 Apr, 2009 6:14 PM Quote

so..would it be totally contra-productive to ask for ur fb names ?

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Mon 13 Apr, 2009 6:14 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Anyway, I believe it's just a low season and with time people will come back and/or new people will come, and the forum will be more active.

Hope so...

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 13 Apr, 2009 6:29 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
Nell wrote:

But how many peole here actually do use fb to talk about stuff that would have been discussed here back in those "good old times"? ..like night-chat-themes?

i do

I do, too.

EDIT: Oooooooh, wait a minute! You finally made your 800th post, Andy! Kayte, I hope you don't mind, but I have to use this thread to throw Andrew a 800th post party, lol! He said he wanted strippers, but I fear I'll get kicked off the board if I post skanky pictures like that. So, since I know how much you love pie...here you go.

http://i44.tinypic.com/200fl6t.jpg

So much more wholesome and G-rated than strippers. :P

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 14 Apr, 2009 1:22 PM Quote
Hello lovely boardies!

I did actually post a reply to this when it got to page two but unfortunately my internet connection keeps kicking me out and I never remember to copy what I have written. And I tend to ramble so I get fed up when I have to type things out a second time round! BLAH Ok to the point in hand!

No, I don't think FB is causing fewer posts.

Like many people have already stated, for me it is a mix between the slow board/threads I'm not fussed with/neg atmosphere that was here/work commitments. I think on here the majority of people are brilliant and I love reading what's been said. I do treat this place with respect as that is how I would wish people to treat me and my threads. And well I personally do not like confrontation so it upsets me when people start attacking each other. It's such a sad state of affairs. But it's not just about that! There are threads here I just do not understand...admittedly anything concerning American sports :p (that is just an example) But although I may not be interested and do not post on these certain threads, I like the fact that it brings so many people together and that is wonderful. We all have different likes and dislikes so if the place goes quiet for a while well then so be it...I think that has always happened.

Also, I completely agree with Anne in that some people have proven themselves to be emmm unsavoury characters, not people I would tend to hang out with in normal day circumstances and so I don't feel the want to reply or make any comment in their threads. This is just life :) and it's occurs online as well as the real world.

People often come in here slating this place, which is a little sad and I understand where others come from by saying well post something that interests you...maybe it's just me but sometimes I'm just too tired,lazy or just can't think of something that I think other people would consider reading lol.

I think I will always be here as I have made some great online pals here and and am sure I will continue to. :)

FB is something different. I love being able to keep intouch with people who I would be more friendly with on this site. I think it just adds to the sense of community!

As for Twitter, ek I just don't get it, and I have tried but it's just not for me!

Well I think that's all I have to say on this matter. Sorry for the rambling ;p

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 14 Apr, 2009 1:31 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:

FB is something different. I love being able to keep intouch with people who I would be more friendly with on this site. I think it just adds to the sense of community!

I've found you Wendy, get ready to be stalked ;) Muhahaha!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 14 Apr, 2009 2:01 PM Quote
Mwahahahahaha get ready right back at ya!!! LOL

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 14 Apr, 2009 2:24 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

I've got PM from certain people(who don't know me very well) calling me all sort of stuff, like I have different types of disorders and that's just plain bullying.

You should out these people , as that is unacceptable.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 14 Apr, 2009 2:46 PM Quote
oh Nikki, you know pie is filthy. I mean, have you seen American pie?

mili
mili Posted Tue 14 Apr, 2009 2:46 PM Quote
I'm on fb, but not very actively. I generally post only if I feel I have something to add (or wish someone HB or good luck or whatever). As for slowness of the board, it does annoy me at times, but as far as I know, fb can be even worse.

So, summa summarum, Facebook has nothing to do with my posting here.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 14 Apr, 2009 3:43 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

I've got PM from certain people(who don't know me very well) calling me all sort of stuff, like I have different types of disorders and that's just plain bullying.

Yeah I meant to comment on this too. That is really really horrible and crosses the line.

I say take the high road and don't call them out. I'm sorry people were nasty to you Alex. You're a unique bird to be certain (as am I). You don't deserve hateful PMs.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 14 Apr, 2009 3:57 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

Yeah I meant to comment on this too. That is really really horrible and crosses the line.

I say take the high road and don't call them out. I'm sorry people were nasty to you Alex. You're a unique bird to be certain (as am I). You don't deserve hateful PMs.

Both very valid replies, It is completely unacceptable that you have recieved PMs of this nature. Maybe a "middle ground" would be to ask the TWT to contact you privately and discuss the matter with them, they could possibly issue a warning (and possibly a suspension) stating if it happens again their account will be deleted?? Just a thought.

Dubz

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 14 Apr, 2009 4:56 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

Both very valid replies, It is completely unacceptable that you have recieved PMs of this nature. Maybe a "middle ground" would be to ask the TWT to contact you privately and discuss the matter with them, they could possibly issue a warning (and possibly a suspension) stating if it happens again their account will be deleted?? Just a thought.

Dubz

Yeah maybe I should talk to TWT about it. Right now I'm just thinking that it's they who have problems and that I don't want to sink to the same level in any way. However you can't tolerate everything, so I'm gonna do something about it.

Thanks for the advices dear boardies :)

Nell
Nell Posted Tue 14 Apr, 2009 11:16 PM Quote

Wendy...what the heck's a "twitter"???

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Wed 15 Apr, 2009 7:52 PM Quote
Is Twitter the same as Facebook?

I'm new here, don't know about the "good old days". However, in other forums the posting activity, at times, seems to hit a low because of other reasons, such as work/school related obligations, if the band is on tour or working on a new album.

FB is different in the sense that it feels more personal, I try to make time for both. Well, it depends on who you rather be talking to on the other side, who shares more information or comments, that's what drives me to post more.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:18 PM