Travis

Is Facebook causing fewer posts here?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 2:44 PM Quote
Discuss. My thought is yes.

Re: Is Facebook causing fewer posts here?
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 3:06 PM Quote
I think I post less here because I connect with certain boardies in other ways. However a lot of the FB conversations I'm having are ones I would have had via the PM system.

It's definitely killed the nighttime thread but the board can be so maddeningly slow that I'd rather just chat on Facebook or Skype.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 4:16 PM Quote
Aw, that's sad. I'm not on facebook, so i want everyone to come back here! (did that sound too desperate?)

Is anyone on twitter? I know a lot of people addicted to it.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 4:25 PM Quote

Yep. I think so. It's happened before too, but it's all good. If you want to keep in touch you keep in touch. Hehe, that's how I ended up on Facebook at all (after avowing never to do it!) And LiveJournal, but LJ affords me more space to make really long rambling posts like I do. ;)

But Twitter. Never. I write too much to ever be a fan of twitter. ;)

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 4:42 PM Quote
l don't like Facebook, l have an account but l don't sign in that much. l don't know why, but it's simple, l don't like it.

l have a Twitter acc. and l think it's pretty cool.

l like posting here. The board and boardies are awesome. l spend some free time to post here. l mean, if you want to post, then you post. You can be in Facebook, Twitter, etc...and also post here.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 4:57 PM Quote
probably, but I dont think its the only cause. Similar to what Anne was saying, if I have something to tell someone on the board that I talk to off the board, Im more likely to send them an email or talk on fb, rather than start an FAO ____.
It also allows for group msgs between certain groups (ie ABC planning).
But I also think the board goes through busy and slower periods and the slower period isnt soley based on fb.
It's end of school time for our student boardies, some of us are busy at work, etc etc etc.
So yes, and no is my answer.

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 7:07 PM Quote

not for me I guess...;)

I've got only about 2 boardies on fb...so...

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 8:33 PM Quote
Yes and no, I think.

We all have different reasons for not posting here as much as before.
I lurk around here a lot, but I never feel inspired enough to post anything right now. I actually think the main reason for that is the negative vibe that was present here a while ago. Even though things have cooled down now, it actually had some major impact on me, even though I know it shouldn't have. It may sound a bit silly, but I'm easily affected by the mood, so I rather share my silly things with my friends on facebook or msn, than here at the moment. I've recently joined Twitter, but I can't find anyone there, so it aint that funny to write stuff that no one gets to read ;)

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 10:01 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

I lurk around here a lot, but I never feel inspired enough to post anything right now. I actually think the main reason for that is the negative vibe that was present here a while ago. Even though things have cooled down now, it actually had some major impact on me, even though I know it shouldn't have.

Yes, that. Also, my dearest boardie friends don't post as much as they used to.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 10:15 PM Quote

The board is what you make it.

If you like it then fight for it, if you're not gonna do that then you may as well give in and fuck off.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 10:26 PM Quote
I'm a lover, not a fighter.

I am currently performing a new-age ritual with crystals, aroma therapy, chanting, and exotic modern dance moves to rid the board of previous negative energy. Is it working yet? Should I post a picture?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 10:35 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

So you've never fought for something you love ??

I don't mean phsically fight it's about passion and being passionate.

Dubz
*edit* sorry replied to the above before reading the crystal/dance stuff

dee
dee Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 10:51 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

I am currently performing a new-age ritual with crystals, aroma therapy, chanting, and exotic modern dance moves to rid the board of previous negative energy. Is it working yet? Should I post a picture?

please post pictures, i love crystals, and that exotic dance sounds intriguing....maybe a video too?

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 10:51 PM Quote
I think I've stayed about the same.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 10:53 PM Quote
I've given it thought and come to a startling conclusion. No, I don't think I really have fought for anything. The startling part is, I tried to think of something (other than my family) that I feel passionate about, and I couldn't think of anything. I am completely bland and void of passion. That can't be good.

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:41 PM