Travis

UK Boardie Convention?!????
nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Mon 06 Apr, 2009 7:37 PM Quote
I know this has probably been discussed before, so apologies in advance if I have started a new thread when one already exists!!!

Are there any UK Boardies that would genuinely be interested in attending a little convention type celebration of Travis?

I wouldn't mind organising if people were interested? If you are please let me know by commenting on this thread.

Any ideas for a venue and activities would be welcomed.

Nic xx

Re: UK Boardie Convention?!????
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 07 Apr, 2009 10:36 AM Quote
I would be happy to get involved in something like that.
I guess we will have to wait and see when the next tour is to arrange something.

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Tue 07 Apr, 2009 5:45 PM Quote
Yeah, I was thinking we could base it around the next tour/gigs. That way we could all have something to get REALLY excited about.

It would be pretty good to meet some fellow Travisonline peeps and perhaps have a few bevvies whilst talking music!!

Although it does look like it would be just the 2 of us at the moment. Any other takers?

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 07 Apr, 2009 5:48 PM Quote
I'd be up for this if the dates coincide with holidays etc so I can get back to the UK. We'll have quite a wait though, I think, until the next tour. Beginning 2010 at the earliest, so plenty of time to plan :-)

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Tue 07 Apr, 2009 6:55 PM Quote
It's good to be prepared!!

Yeah, I probably am getting a little ahead of things here. But it would be good to have an idea of numbers, closest venues etc so we can plan it to suit people.

I live in Shropshire so am lucky enough to be pretty central to get to most places. Plus, I wouldn't mind seeing a few new places in the next 12 months :)

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Tue 07 Apr, 2009 6:55 PM Quote
It's good to be prepared!!

Yeah, I probably am getting a little ahead of things here. But it would be good to have an idea of numbers, closest venues etc so we can plan it to suit people.

I live in Shropshire so am lucky enough to be pretty central to get to most places. Plus, I wouldn't mind seeing a few new places in the next 12 months :)

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 08 Apr, 2009 2:15 PM Quote
*bump*

COME ON!!!!!! their must be more interest than this.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Wed 08 Apr, 2009 2:34 PM Quote
Apart from the fact that I'm not a UK boardie, I'd do it if it fits with any possible holidays.

I've done it before so why not again :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 08 Apr, 2009 2:34 PM Quote
Maybe, baby! :)

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 08 Apr, 2009 3:01 PM Quote
baby???????

i am slightly scared by that response.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 08 Apr, 2009 3:05 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
baby???????

i am slightly scared by that response.

Homofobic? :P

Well it wasn't directed at you :)

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Wed 08 Apr, 2009 3:38 PM Quote
I'd love to, but depends on the time, next year being an exam year for me. Oh, and of course the place, anybody wanna go to Ireland? :)

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 08 Apr, 2009 3:39 PM Quote
Obvious choice of venue would be London or maybe Glasgow. I must admit I've enjoyed the London crowds at gigs so far. It would make travelling easier for those coming from abroad ( yes, there are UK boardies abroad!!!!) I'm surprised there's not more interest - it was brilliant meeting other boardies in Paris! I'm sure those going to the ABC will have a great time too.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 08 Apr, 2009 3:59 PM Quote
Yeah I'm really surprised there isn't more interest. Are you just waiting to see if ABC is awesome or a disaster before you get theoretically on board?

dee
dee Posted Wed 08 Apr, 2009 4:16 PM Quote
i remember faintly sying stevo (dubz) would put up any people and supply drink for people who wanted to do a dublin thing...that said, i'm not sure how much he supported that:p
but i would definately be up for drinks with people in ireland, as for the uk, point me in the direction of a couch, buy my plane tickets and i'm yours:p

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:36 PM