Travis

Anaheim Show, anyone?
velouria
velouria Posted Mon 06 Apr, 2009 9:11 AM Quote
I was wondering what this venue is like since I've never been there. Strict camera policies, parking, and the like? Also, it will be my first Travis show so anything I should know beforehand? Haha. How early do most of you guys start lining up?

Re: Anaheim Show, anyone?
Pipestar
Pipestar Posted Mon 06 Apr, 2009 5:14 PM Quote
Hey there,

I saw them back in 07 at HOB Anaheim and it was pretty amazing. If I remember correctly I got there a few hours before showtime. From what I hear I was lucky to get as close as I did. I am debating what time to get in line on Thurs. I'm taking the day off..so I'm thinking pretty early. I figure if no one is lined up yet I can always go shopping at Downtown Disney.
They are pretty strict with cameras here, but I managed a few photos using my iphone.
You will not be disappointed..this is a great venue. See you there!
-Piper

Meridith
Meridith Posted Mon 06 Apr, 2009 5:29 PM Quote
My husband and I saw the band James there in October. They do say no cameras are allowed, but we snuck one in and didn't have any problems. It was a pretty cool venue. I would recommend getting there early if you want to be up front. You can always just hang around Downtown Disney and watch out for when people start lining up. Parking is easy. They have parking for Downtown Disney. I think the first 3 hours are free? Travis is amazing live...you are sure to have a great time!

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Tue 07 Apr, 2009 8:43 AM Quote
yay! I'll be going to that show! I'm excited!

Sharona
Sharona Posted Tue 07 Apr, 2009 6:18 PM Quote
I saw them in 07 in Anaheim too. My friend got thrown out because she used her camera. Luckily they let her back in after she pleaded with them. I wouldn't try to sneak it in. It was an amazing show and a good venue - just don't try to use your camera.

HOB.com is offering 2 tickets to the show for the price of 1, today until 10 pm Pacific. Boo.

Apparently you can also get reserved seating, for $47 for bar stools and $62 for church-style pews. But somehow you have to get a refund for your other tickets.

Pipestar
Pipestar Posted Tue 07 Apr, 2009 9:52 PM Quote
What time is everyone getting there tomorrow? I was thinking of going down early..but I don't want to get there too early!

velouria
velouria Posted Wed 08 Apr, 2009 4:01 AM Quote
Tomorrow?! You mean Thursday, right? And I was thinking of leaving my place around 3:30ish meaning, I would get there around four or so, depending on traffic. I might end up just skipping my class to get there earlier. But anywhoo....I guess I'm not going to bring my camera. Too much of a risk! Anyone going to the Wiltern show the following night? I am! Anyone know their camera policies there?

Pipestar
Pipestar Posted Wed 08 Apr, 2009 3:23 PM Quote
Haha.. Yes, I meant Thurs. Jumped the gun on that one, guess I was too excited. Not sure yet when I might head down. Coming from LA, so don't want to hit too much traffic. I'll see you guys in line. And yes, see u at The Wiltern too. I saw them there a few times and I do remember bringing my camera, but I do remember them cracking down last time.

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Thu 09 Apr, 2009 6:33 AM Quote
Hey everyone, this is such a lame question, but does anyone know when doors open?

Show starts at 7pm, right? (I'm just questioning this because it's so early!)

I also have another question about Ticketmaster. If I purchased a ticket on there for the show, and was supposed to pick it up at a retail location, but didn't, can I just get my ticket at will call?
---

And about The Wiltern, you're not supposed to take a camera in there, but I snuck one in last time I saw Travis there anyway. I got a lot of pictures. They tried to stop people, but I think Fran told the guards it was OK after the guards got too intense :) I didn't see them kick out anyone for taking photos.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 09 Apr, 2009 3:20 PM Quote
enjoy !

Pipestar
Pipestar Posted Thu 09 Apr, 2009 5:12 PM Quote
Yes I think doors open at 7 (early I know!). I would call Ticketmaster about your other question to make sure.

I got a camera into the Wiltedn last time. I do remember Fran telling a guard it was ok when they were giving someone a hard time.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 09 Apr, 2009 5:32 PM Quote
Pipestar wrote:
I got a camera into the Wiltern last time. I do remember Fran telling a guard it was ok when they were giving someone a hard time.

"Get out of here..."

:D :D :D

Enjoy the gigs everyone!

velouria
velouria Posted Fri 10 Apr, 2009 10:43 AM Quote
Thanks for all your replies! I had a fantastic time at the show and everyone was so nice! One person even gave me their setlist because I was trying so hard to get one. I was just happy to hear "Love Will Come Through," "My Eyes," "Selfish Jean," and "Humpty Dumpty Love Song" at my first show! Ready for round two at the Wiltern!

Silvox
Silvox Posted Fri 10 Apr, 2009 9:11 PM Quote
The show last night was great.I spend my whole day playing "The Humpty Dumpty Love Song" hoping that they could play it at the show.When they started doing it, I had tears in my eyes, was very emotional to me.
The guys are always great, but I did not feel they were as excited as they were when they played at The Troubadour last year.
See you guys tonight at The Wiltern!
*OH, it sucked not to be able to get in with the camera.

cornax
cornax Posted Fri 10 Apr, 2009 9:13 PM Quote
Anyone willing to share the setlist? : )

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:37 AM