Travis

Bodies
dee
dee Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 2:14 PM Quote
http://z.about.com/d/kansascity/1/0/X/1/-/-/Bodies20_resize.jpgMyself and Dubz went to see this exhibition of dissected and preserved humans yesterday. anybody else been?
personally i thought it was overpriced shite. tickets for two adults cost €40.
the best and creepiest bit was a section on foetuses.
it had a week by week development comparison which was really interesting.

I'd really like to see the Dr. Gunther van Haagen exhibit at some stage though. i was obsessed with his life dissection programme. Also all of his specimens are specifically donated to science, whereas as th bodies in this expo are just poor unfortunates whose relative never claimed their bodies.

Re: Bodies
Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 4:09 PM Quote
Yeah, I saw it last year. But I didn't pay that much! adult tickets were $5000 pesos...which is about €6!
I found it quite interesting. The circulatory system blew my mind. I spent most of the time I was there in that part of the exhibition.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 7:18 PM Quote
I saw this exhibit when I was in Cleveland and thought it was really interesting. The fetuses creeped me out too, but I thought it was the best part as well.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 7:45 PM Quote
I'm a little creeped out by that stuff. I had a chance to go but didn't.

velouria
velouria Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 7:51 PM Quote
Aw man, I wanted to go and see that but no one wanted to go with me! They all thought that it was weird or something. Not cool. But from what I've seen through pictures, it seems amazing.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 8:18 PM Quote
It was not bad but deffo not worth the €20, The foeti (sp?) were extremely interesting, if a little creepy, they injected them with some kind of colouring so you could see the bone development in the later stages but the rest of it was a bit "plasticy" looking, the blood vessels, veins & arteries were also quite interesting, but €20 for something it took 30mins to go around was not good value.

Having just spoken with the flat mate about this, she is very interested but again has a slight problem with where these bodies actually came from.

here's the LINK for anyone who's interested.

Dubz

Hanne
Hanne Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 8:57 PM Quote
A friend of mine went to see it and he was really impressed. He's a masseur though so I think he was seeing it from a professional point of view.

I would've liked to see it, I think.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:25 AM