Do, Re, Mi; and Chinese Blues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CvUIYesc_I

Or Rocky intro; and Selfish Jean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADxLFk7pvlo

Discuss

Re: Best entry
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 22 Mar, 2009 1:21 AM Quote
Rocky and Selfish Jean. More exciting. Though saying that, Chinese Blues is a GREAT song to start a gig. :)

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Sun 22 Mar, 2009 1:31 AM Quote
This issue was circulating in my head all this time! lol

"Chinese Blues" is great for start a gig but definitely this DO-RE-MI intro has better transition with "Selfish Jean"

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Sun 22 Mar, 2009 1:33 AM Quote
Wow!!

l prefer "Do-Re-Mi". Whatta intro!

lt'd be awesome if they play it that way here in Mexico :D

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Sun 22 Mar, 2009 2:13 AM Quote
Oohh I just realized you're comparing Rocky + selfish Jean with DO-RE-MI + Chinese Blues! ...
I was thinking what songs is better with this new intro from the 'sound of silence' film :)
(Here in Lima the first song wasn't Chinese Blues, wasSelfish Jean and sounded amazing) ...lol

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Sun 22 Mar, 2009 2:53 AM Quote
alanistradi wrote:
Oohh I just realized you're comparing Rocky + selfish Jean with DO-RE-MI + Chinese Blues! ...
I was thinking what songs is better with this new intro from the 'sound of silence' film :)
(Here in Lima the first song wasn't Chinese Blues, wasSelfish Jean and sounded amazing) ...lol

Nope...

But already i prefer a lot Do-re-mi intro with Chinese Blues. That sound and lights are pretty cool

I know, in Lima the intro is do-re-mi and Selfish Jean

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Sun 22 Mar, 2009 9:26 AM Quote
*Woot*

WOW O.O
They're both really cool and innovative=D

Personally I'd go for Rocky + Selfish Jean.The wrestling robes get up is just awesome!What a sight=D

But on the other hand I really like the sound combination of Do-Re-Mi + Chinese Blues too;D Great song to start with and the effects and lighting's fantastic!

Overall,I think Travis did it right..Do-Re-Mi + Chinese Blues really goes with the indoor gig theme while Rocky + Selfish Jean combination suited the outdoor gig theme better.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 22 Mar, 2009 9:20 PM Quote
Rocky + Selfish Jean, but then that's probably to do with the fact I like the song a lot more.

I loved it when they opened with Happy to Hang Around on the 12 Memories tour. It's just super powerful and gritty.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 22 Mar, 2009 11:43 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
I loved it when they opened with Happy to Hang Around on the 12 Memories tour. It's just super powerful and gritty.

Its the drumming at the beginning too .....Sooo exciting and yes my fav opener too :)

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Tue 24 Mar, 2009 12:47 AM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:

Its the drumming at the beginning too .....Sooo exciting and yes my fav opener too :)

Yeah, its effect was even more powerful after hearing it from soundcheck, it sounded quite raw. But from these two choices it's the Rocky theme. They could start any song with it lol.

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Tue 24 Mar, 2009 8:45 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:

Already, i liked the drums too, and the question sign in the huge display back...

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Tue 24 Mar, 2009 9:24 PM Quote
I love the Rocky-thing most, maybe because it's the only intro I've ever heard live. But it looks way better if they do it in a dark room with the light effects. Woah, I'm still getting excited when I think about that opening in Zurich...

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 25 Mar, 2009 5:47 AM Quote
I would go with the Rocky intro, but I am excited to see what intro they use for the US tour.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:34 AM