Travis

speed dating
goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 5:04 PM Quote
your thoughts? experiences with it?

Two of my buddies are gonna be trying it next month and i think they've got a fun attitude about it...that whole 'you only live once' mentality....they want me to come with but i just cannot adopt that quality. i know, i'm a square but i just can't seem to shake it off. i feel anxious just thinking about what a forced awkward situation it would be for me and the other person.

Re: speed dating
minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 5:14 PM Quote
It could be fun if you just sorta go on a whim and for a laugh, but here is why I would be horrible at it: Im HORRIBLE at awkward small talk.
And I really don't want to know what someone's first impression of me would be. I can only imagine it would be bad.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 5:29 PM Quote
me too! ok i'm fun and amiable and all those qualities with my friends and here on the board but when it comes to dating i just sorta clam up. i know this is probably a direct result of my self esteem but there ya have it. i get extremely nervous....i'm probably just thinking way too much about it.

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 7:17 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
It could be fun if you just sorta go on a whim and for a laugh, but here is why I would be horrible at it: Im HORRIBLE at awkward small talk.
And I really don't want to know what someone's first impression of me would be. I can only imagine it would be bad.

OMG..i deeply share your sentiments;D
I get pretty damn awkward around strangers but i won't mind trying it out just for the fun and unexpected outcomes!

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 7:58 PM Quote

Never been to one - only know it from TV - but if that existed here - I'd probably would try it out (with friends though :) )

Rather than some internet dating ...that's bullshit...

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 8:45 PM Quote
I don't have any experience of this but I had some luck with an internet fling once..

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 9:02 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Yeah, I agree. I could never ever do it. I'm terrible at meeting new people. Nobody would like me and it would be too stressful.
But if you're going with some friends to have some fun, it might not be so horrible :o)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 9:20 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Yeah, I agree. I could never ever do it. I'm terrible at meeting new people. Nobody would like me and it would be too stressful.
But if you're going with some friends to have some fun, it might not be so horrible :o)

Sometimes I wonder if this is a travis msg board, or some sorta low self esteem msg board, lol. We all have issues. Deep deep issue, lol.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 9:33 PM Quote
lol perhaps it's that...i know i've brought up my uber low self esteem on more than one occasion...i'm thankful for the ppl that read it and say "f*ck that! grow a pair and get on with it!"...mostly my boys Gladly, Esteban and Dubz.

;)

mili
mili Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 9:36 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I don't have any experience of this but I had some luck with an internet fling once..

Woot, tell us more!! ;^)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 9:42 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Sometimes I wonder if this is a travis msg board, or some sorta low self esteem msg board, lol. We all have issues. Deep deep issue, lol.

Lol, you're right. I just finished therapy (on my own accord, my shrink never said I was ok, lol). I'm supposed to be facing the world, not hiding as usual xD.

So... Goosey... grow a pair and do it! And then tell us how it went :oP

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 11:07 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

So... Goosey... grow a pair and do it! And then tell us how it went :oP

hijole! that sounds like a challenge! i may have to now!

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 11:17 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

Where you met the girl first on the internet and afterwards in real life?

I don't know..but it's kinda strange. I don't have anything against friendships devolping on the internet but I have my doubts about internet-dating... since you're meeting the guy/girl with kinda high expectations - expectations which may cannot be met.

But I imagine speed dating is kinda fun...where you've got like 2 minutes to introduce yourself - and see whether you're tuned on the same wave ;) -

Ohterwise - it's just 2 minutes ;) So, no awkward quietness there! ;)

dee
dee Posted Sat 28 Feb, 2009 12:01 PM Quote
go for it, what's the worst that can happen? you end up with a funny story to tell people after or you make some deadly new friends.
i'm very awkward meeting new people too but sometimes its good to push yourself out of your comfort zone,make an effort, you could be amazed at how well you cope.

as for the internet if it wasn't for this board i would never have met dubz:)

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 28 Feb, 2009 12:31 PM Quote

well yes :) but it's different here then on some dating - pages, isn't it? :) I mean, you didn't have these great big expectations before meeting a boardi - when you've already kinda get to know him here...but when it's a date - with someone u just met on the internet... - it's kinda awkard...

as for the speed dating: Is it like in these movies? 2 minutes til the bell rings and all men gotta change the places?

Go for it! If not for romantic reasons, it sounds like fun :)

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:09 PM