Travis

Re: spanish speaking people! need help
bara
bara Posted Tue 27 Jan, 2009 7:12 PM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
alanistradi wrote:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

I have no idea, but some friends teach spanish for foreign people, so I can ask them if they know, if you're interested :o)

Monica wrote:
Spanish spoken in Spain or in South America? (the first one is much better lmao).

In Latin America there are different accents as well, dear Bodi. It's not the same if you're Mexican, Peruvian, Colombian, Uruguayan, etc. so there are more types of Spanih :oP

Pronunciation is different wherever you go. The biggest difference IMO is between Spanish from the Río de la Plata and all the others, because we don't use "tu" (second person singular pronoun) like everyone else, and the verb conjugations are different.

I think most people learn Spanish from Spain, or Mexico.
It's not usual to learn to speak Spanish like a rioplatense, unless you're living in Argentina or Uruguay (like Viggo Mortensen or my friend Svenja :oP).

It's true
As Juli perfectly said, the spanish spoken in Spain and Latin America is not the same. In Latin America there are different dialects according to the country, but the case of Argentina and Uruguay is particularly different from Mexico, Peru, Chile, and others.
Beyond the differences in pronunciation and the second person singular pronoun (tu / vos), also change the conjugation of verbs.
(Sorry for the linguistic speech! :S)

Agree with both of you, girls :o).
The Spanish spoken in Spain is very different from the spoken in Mexico, Peru, Chile, etc. And, of course, the one spoken in Argentina and Uruguay is also not the same as the previous mentioned. Yuriko is right, is all about dialects and I think none of them should be considered unworthy or less important...

Anyways I think it doesn't matter what Spanish people learn, the important thing here is that people are interested on doing it, which is fantastic :o). And if they become more interested about the language they could even learn the other dialects... It's not really hard, I think ;o).

okay thats that accent thing which is usual in language. i guess what im looking for is that kind which is easy to understand for amatuers. thats why i guess audio books would be great couse theyre read clearly...

iraida wrote:
believe it or not you can find different kinds of languages here to learn www.englishtips.org

Its written in another language so I dont understand a word.. is it my computer that is not able to translate or...?
what you wrote sounds interesting. so would great if you could help me understanding this page..

Monica wrote:
Dear Southamerican friends, I already knew there is not just one way of speaking there... I'm not that ignorant :p I can tell when someone from Mexico is speaking, from Argentina, Chile, Colombia, etc. It's not that difficult ^^ I said "the language spoken in South America" because if you watch films with subtitles there are two varieties: Spanish from Spain and Latin Spanish. I guess that's like a neutral language shared (more or less) by the people in South America (if that makes sense). Words that might be common there but not here.

And Bara, for your friend, here she/he can listen to a music programme (good bands, haha). Just click on "programas", then on the day you want to listen to, and finally click on the play button ^^

thanks i will immediately give the link!

alanistradi wrote:
Bara... what exactly needs your friend? I don't know if these webs will be useful, but here in Peru there's two important sources of information: www.elcomercio.com.pe and www.rpp.com.pe
:)

Peewee wrote:
Cool! this will help me too :)

THAT'S why I get confused with the Spanish threads.....but I am slowly learning. I am used to the Spanish from Spain.

slowly but surely!
what really matters is when people want to learn :D

thanks!

Thanks to you all for your kind help. Im quite sure my friend will be very lucky about that.

I unfortunately dont learn spanish.. well Id like to learn so many languages.. but i guess you know that too-many-hobbies-and-interest-thing, dont you? it's hard. and i chose to get along with English for now, and my band and photography ;)

Thanks again. I will inform you.

Monica
Monica Posted Wed 28 Jan, 2009 11:35 AM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Cool! this will help me too :)

THAT'S why I get confused with the Spanish threads.....but I am slowly learning. I am used to the Spanish from Spain.

If you want to learn Spanish from Spain you should just read my posts, hahaha. Cause I don't use certain expressions that might be confusing for the Southamerican boardies. Just standard language. And of course if I can help you, just say it ;)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 28 Jan, 2009 2:09 PM Quote
Monica wrote:

If you want to learn Spanish from Spain you should just read my posts, hahaha. Cause I don't use certain expressions that might be confusing for the Southamerican boardies. Just standard language. And of course if I can help you, just say it ;)

And don't read my posts. My spanish is weird, lol! But the spanish speaking boardies understand what I say anyway :oP

bara
bara Posted Wed 28 Jan, 2009 9:25 PM Quote
hey guys
shall say thank you all from my friend.

and:

another friend asked if you could tell her what "you are so cute" in spanish is.. ?!

Aletways
Aletways Posted Thu 29 Jan, 2009 12:55 AM Quote
bara wrote:

another friend asked if you could tell her what "you are so cute" in spanish is.. ?!

I think some options could be:
Eres tan tierno/a
Eres tan lindo/a
Eres tan adorable

Although in Argentina and Uruguay you'd say it differently... But I don't want to confuse you!

Hehe, I don't know! I don't think there is just one word for "cute" in Spanish. Could you tell us a bit more about the context? And also, whether it's referred to a male or a female.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Thu 29 Jan, 2009 1:46 AM Quote
Monica wrote:

And don't read my posts. My spanish is weird, lol! But the spanish speaking boardies understand what I say anyway :oP

And neither mine :oP.
I agree with Bodi, but I disagree with Juli! You're Spanish it's not weird, plus your posts are the best ones of the Se habla español thread, very entertaining ;o).

Aletways wrote:

I think some options could be:
Eres tan tierno/a
Eres tan lindo/a
Eres tan adorable

Although in Argentina and Uruguay you'd say it differently... But I don't want to confuse you!

Hehe, I don't know! I don't think there is just one word for "cute" in Spanish. Could you tell us a bit more about the context? And also, whether it's referred to a male or a female.

Yes, Ale, I think those are the best options for 'you are so cute' :o).

And yes, there's more than just one word for 'cute' in Spanish. Also if we knew a bit more about the context would be better :o).

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Thu 29 Jan, 2009 2:13 AM Quote
Oh!
travisonline could be educative too!

"Learning spanish with Ale, Monica, Juli and Almond"
XD so cute!
hahaha

Aletways
Aletways Posted Thu 29 Jan, 2009 3:42 AM Quote
bogusblue wrote:

I agree with Bodi, but I disagree with Juli! You're Spanish it's not weird, plus your posts are the best ones of the Se habla español thread, very entertaining ;o).

Aww, thanks Almond! You're so sweet :o). But I think we all post cool things there :o)
Anyway, she could get confused if she reads my posts :oP.
For example, I'll translate these to "argentinian spanish":

Eres tan tierno/a = Sos re tierno/a
Eres tan lindo/a = Sos re lindo/a
Eres tan adorable = Sos re adorable

Oh, I'm Juli from Ale's session, btw :oP.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 29 Jan, 2009 7:30 PM Quote
Aletways wrote:
bogusblue wrote:

Aww, thanks Almond! You're so sweet :o). But I think we all post cool things there :o)
For example, I'll translate these to "argentinian spanish":

Eres tan tierno/a = Sos re tierno/a
Eres tan lindo/a = Sos re lindo/a
Eres tan adorable = Sos re adorable

Oh my goodness, that truely is confusing now! lol Where is the Sos come from? hahaha....Monica thankyou for your kind advice...I'm going hunting for your Spanish posts! LMAO

Awww guys, seriously if I get stuck translating I will ask ;P I never realised it could be so different but guess that to be expected. It's like my English and American English....very different!

iraida
iraida Posted Thu 29 Jan, 2009 7:54 PM Quote
bara wrote:
iraida wrote:
believe it or not you can find different kinds of languages here to learn www.englishtips.org

Its written in another language so I dont understand a word.. is it my computer that is not able to translate or...?
what you wrote sounds interesting. so would great if you could help me understanding this page..

Easy, you have at the top of the page two flags, the Russian one and the British one so just click on the British one and there you go the whole site changes to English language ... by the way the whole "linguistic talking" I love it! I want to be a Linguistic :)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 29 Jan, 2009 8:22 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:

Oh my goodness, that truely is confusing now! lol Where is the Sos come from? hahaha....Monica thankyou for your kind advice...I'm going hunting for your Spanish posts! LMAO

Awww guys, seriously if I get stuck translating I will ask ;P I never realised it could be so different but guess that to be expected. It's like my English and American English....very different!

Sure! Ask us whatever you want :o).
It's different, but we all understand eachother perfectly fine. I can speak with "tu" and "eres" if I want, but it's not natural for me. In Buenos Aires it'd sound weird :oP.
That "Sos" comes from the different way we (people from Uruguay and Argentina) conjugate the verb "ser" (= "to be"). The second person singular and the second person plural are different. All the others are the same... I think.

Singular:
"You are" = "Tú eres" = "Vos sos"

Plural:
"You are" = "Vosotros sois" = "Ustedes son"

And the "re" (sos re tierno, lindo, adorable) is just argentinian slang :oP.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Thu 29 Jan, 2009 9:12 PM Quote
Aletways wrote:

Mmmm, yes, she better stick to Monica's posts ;o).

I think Ale won't be very happy about you using her session lol! :oP

It's different, but we all understand eachother perfectly fine. I can speak with "tu" and "eres" if I want, but it's not natural for me. In Buenos Aires it'd sound weird :oP.

Yeah, we definitely understand eachother!! Although when I was very little I didn't quite understood why Argentinian/Uruguayan speak with "vos sos" instead of "tú eres", but as I grew up I completely got it, and I love it! :o) I can speack with "vos" and "sos" too, although I seldom use them (just when I speak to my Argentinian friends ;o)) 'cause in Mexico would be very weird to speak that way xD.

In Mexico we use the "re" too!!! :oD

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Fri 30 Jan, 2009 1:45 AM Quote
Peewee wrote:

Sure! Ask us whatever you want :o).
That "Sos" comes from the different way we (people from Uruguay and Argentina) conjugate the verb "ser" (= "to be"). The second person singular and the second person plural are different. All the others are the same... I think.

Singular:
"You are" = "Tú eres" = "Vos sos"

Plural:
"You are" = "Vosotros sois" = "Ustedes son"

the verb "to be" suffer the most radical change compared to other verbs in Spanish, but you can find some other verbs that change a little in the conjugation (especially in the pronunciation)

Sounds confusing but, as Juli perfectly said, we all in latin america understand each other perfectly fine, if you use the "eres" in Argentina or Uruguay, people there will understand you :D

Monica
Monica Posted Sat 31 Jan, 2009 7:37 PM Quote
bara wrote:

In Spain we say: "eres muy mono/mona" (nothing to do with monkeys lol).

bara
bara Posted Thu 12 Feb, 2009 1:16 PM Quote
thanks again guys!

and im sorry that i didnt replie earlier. im just so ****** busy at the mo

luv
b.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 6:34 PM