Travis

tip needed
iraida
iraida Posted Fri 23 Jan, 2009 8:02 PM Quote
what do you do to deal with a massive hangover?

Re: tip needed
megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 23 Jan, 2009 8:32 PM Quote
Cold shower, a lot of water, painkillers and eat a tomato! lol, seriously.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Fri 23 Jan, 2009 9:05 PM Quote
Water and sleeeep.

iraida
iraida Posted Fri 23 Jan, 2009 10:41 PM Quote
what if you can´t sleep no matter how hard you try? I drank too much last nite, my best mate is off to Canada so it was her farewell party and I even cried XD

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 23 Jan, 2009 11:05 PM Quote
-a hole lot of water (more than the alcohol -since it drains the water out of your body

-and oxygen: Fresh air - helps agains headache and the nausea.

- fresh presst orangejuisce (vitamin c)

- aspirin (painkiller plus bloodthinner-oxygen's flowing quicker to the head :))

at least that's what I'm doing

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 23 Jan, 2009 11:36 PM Quote

Basically you have poisoned yourself, your body feels shitty because it is fighting all the toxins in your body...

Plenty fluids - You are probably sweating quite a bit, maybe you have vomitted, and/or loosing flids in other ways, This is your body jetisoning all that it can through your pores and waste system, although make sure you have nothing with too much sugar or caffeine, your nervous system is fucked and adding more sugar or caffine will just make you even more jumpy/wired.

Sleep/rest - Your body is tired because it is fighting the toxins, you can help it out by shutting down everything that you don't need to survive, sleep will do this and even though you'll be asleep the rest of your body will still be fighting.

Milk of Magnesia/Liver Salts/Alka Seltzer - your stomach is probably doing cartwheels, your body is tellng your stomach acids to attack the alcohol and as such your stomach will be producing a lot more acid than normal, all of these things above contain Alkali's to neutralize your stomach acid (but be aware they also might have a laxative effect as your body will try to jetison any harmful toxins.

As you start to feel better, Exercise is recommended it wil speed up all the processes above (others will also tell you to exercise first, this can also work a heavy work out or strenuous activity will take your mind off it for a while and will also make it easier to slepp, persnal preferences I find)

Good Luck hope you feel better soon.

Dubz

btw I also find a couple of Bloody Mary's work wonders ;-p

iraida
iraida Posted Sat 24 Jan, 2009 2:54 AM Quote
I´m so glad you mentioned the bloody mary at the end Dubz ´cos I was truly scared while reading XD

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 24 Jan, 2009 10:33 AM Quote
Continue drinking and you'll never suffer from hangovers =)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 11:32 PM