Travis

Re: Your favorite Travis songs, at the moment...
Tonie
Tonie Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 5:04 PM Quote
To the person who said "Happy to Hang Around" good call! So under rated :)

For me it's "20"
"More Than Us"
"U16 Girls"

Leia
Leia Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 7:18 PM Quote
It's just impossible to choose only 3 (and even 33), but I'll try..
Afterglow
Somewhere Else
Quite Free

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 7:25 PM Quote
Love Will Come Through - I gotta be honest and say I never saw this as a top drawer Travis single at the time. Couldn't put my finger on what it lacked, but there was something not quite there. And yet when I go back to it now, I'm realising how good it is, it took what 5 years, but something with me and this song just suddenly clicked and now it's high up my list.

Flowers in the Window - ditto. Was never a huge favourite of mine, now suddenly I listen to it in a new light. Said at the time it was a bit "un-Travisy" and weird, but for me now it absolutely, totally sums up the happy, jangly, catchy, almost folky vibe that made TIB such a magical album for me. It just makes you feel happy.

Walking Down The Hill - for me, one of the most interesting tracks they've ever done. Slightly eerie and dark, really strong imagery, really strong instrumental ending, then Some Sad Song another good'un hidden behind it.

Wolfy
Wolfy Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 9:01 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
bogusblue wrote:
I can't choose!!! It's really hard :oS. But right this second I think the 3 would be:

- The Sea
- Long Way Down
- Love Will Come Through

Ohh, so I'm not the only one who really enjoys listening to The Sea? Great! I thought I was weird for having it among my favourites :P

Add my to The Sea list please...
Its that thing that..... ANDY'S GENIOUS, NOTHING MORE!!!

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 10:09 PM Quote
Wolfy wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
bogusblue wrote:
I can't choose!!! It's really hard :oS. But right this second I think the 3 would be:

- The Sea
- Long Way Down
- Love Will Come Through

Ohh, so I'm not the only one who really enjoys listening to The Sea? Great! I thought I was weird for having it among my favourites :P

Nope Alex, we're not weirdos just because we like The Sea ;o). It has been among my favourites since the first time I listened to it :o). It's simply beautiful and, as Wolfy said, is genious :o).

Luana
Luana Posted Sat 17 Jan, 2009 12:36 AM Quote
-Flowers in the window- I've been in love with this song for 6 years
-My Eyes =D
-Selfish Jean

healyramirez
healyramirez Posted Sat 17 Jan, 2009 12:37 AM Quote

1 Life and soul of the party
2 re-offender
3 friends

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 17 Jan, 2009 1:49 PM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
Wolfy wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
bogusblue wrote:

- The Sea
- Long Way Down
- Love Will Come Through

Nope Alex, we're not weirdos just because we like The Sea ;o). It has been among my favourites since the first time I listened to it :o). It's simply beautiful and, as Wolfy said, is genious :o).

Something happens to me when I listen to The Sea. There's some kind of magic in it, that casts a spell on me so that I get to see the essence of life or something.. It sounds crazy I know :P

Kaizer
Kaizer Posted Sat 17 Jan, 2009 3:53 PM Quote
1. Quite Free
2. Before You Were Young
3. Closer. This song will always mean something special for me

But the best Travis song ever is Turn.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 17 Jan, 2009 4:09 PM Quote
Kaizer wrote:

But the best Travis song ever is Turn.

That's right! :D

SamHolden
SamHolden Posted Sat 17 Jan, 2009 7:03 PM Quote
for me,

1.chinese blues
2.ballad of j smith
3.selfish jean/driftwood

took about 10 minutes to choose though..

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sun 18 Jan, 2009 1:42 AM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
bogusblue wrote:
Wolfy wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
bogusblue wrote:

- The Sea
- Long Way Down
- Love Will Come Through

Something happens to me when I listen to The Sea. There's some kind of magic in it, that casts a spell on me so that I get to see the essence of life or something.. It sounds crazy I know :P

No, no, it doesn't sound crazy at all! That was actually the word I was lookink for: The Sea is magic. Whenever I listen to it changes my mood, and the way I see things of life or life itself (just like you beautifully described it).
And it can change even the mood of people who aren't Travis fans. It's true! One time, one of my sisters didn't feel quite good (some health issues) and we were listening some music in random mode. So right the moment when my sister was feeling really bad The Sea came on. After listening to it she told me that the music made her feel so much better, and in some way calmed her down. Also she said that is not very easy that a song make her feel that way. So it really is magic :o).
I don't know if it's the music, the lyrics or both, but that song is life-changing -and I don't even know if I'm using the proper words to describe it. I don't get the people who don't like it xD.

iraida
iraida Posted Sun 18 Jan, 2009 4:13 AM Quote
Paperclips ... it´s so damn good!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 11:58 PM