Travis

Re: New Song To Self Video? (SONG TO SELF REDUX)
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 10:31 PM Quote
Thanks, Jon! (I was one of the two freezing girls in the B&W snowy video.)

jdanovic
jdanovic Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 10:43 PM Quote
shot this just now, i love technology. it's gud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vfAihs5OJc&feature=channel_page

-jon,.

momentslast
momentslast Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 12:01 AM Quote
Hey Jon

Thanks for your edit, I now how much hard work it is to do a video like that, really appreciate it.

So it may not be the offical video, but I'm sure that most of the boardies on here will say it is!

Dave (the guy in the lorry)

leticia
leticia Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 12:18 AM Quote
jdanovic wrote:
hey, sorry it took me so long to get wind of this thread, i'm a youtube communicater :(
this is nice tho, thanks to WEIRDmom i now know where my dawgz are at :D

thank you all so much for watching, granted its all of us that were in the video and all of us + a few friends and family members that are gonna see it, lets hope it gets big... i think we all did a great job and this shows that travis has maybe not the largest fanbase in comparison to such amazing bands like nickelback or miley cyrus, but that we are definitely the most creative.

whoever the origianl editor was i cannot express my gratitude for you even letting this go without a fight, i hope you understand that i just wanted to see everyone i could possibly get in it in it, and that i have nothing but respect for the edit you did :D

that all being said, lets push to get this thing into travis's ipod touches or whatever it is they watch the lost glorious art of music videos on and let them know how much hard work went into it :D

and maybe get it on the next DVD compilation ;D

-jon,. (batman)

ps, i wanna show you all something cool so go check out my webpage and i will post a video right now to explain probably why the 1st editor was, well, let's just say "overwhelmed" ;)

sorry for any spelling mistakes, i type not well.

Wow!!! Thanks a lot Jon! I am really extremely utterly happy with the new video. I mean, I was happy with the first version, but this one is more dynamic and everyone makes a cameo : )

Cheers!

PS: My vid is the one with the closer muzak in the elevator : )

jdanovic
jdanovic Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 12:30 AM Quote
ya that one was super cool, the cat is awesome!,,, i love how you used the BENstiller sound :D you guys definitely had the most cliumactic ending, what city was that?

and DAVE: took me a few minutes and sonme help from my half-scottish friend over here to tell me what a "lorry" was, you were my favorite man, you showed us all how to do it right, so organic, so humble, perfect :D

sorry to pik favs :D

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 12:39 AM Quote
I didn't think the first one was much good at all, but this one is really good. Really, really good. Good enough to actually be THE video for it, easily. Very well done. :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 1:20 AM Quote
Jon hang out here and you will learn loads of British slang!

leticia
leticia Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 1:23 AM Quote
jdanovic wrote:
ya that one was super cool, the cat is awesome!,,, i love how you used the BENstiller sound :D you guys definitely had the most cliumactic ending, what city was that?

sorry to pik favs :D

Thaaaaanks!!! We really enjoyed shooting it! As opposed to the Nikki and Kayte, in Rosario (Argentina), it was 32ºC or 90ºF, so we were literally melting! My boyfriend shot the vid. He is the best : )

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 2:14 AM Quote
leticia wrote:

As opposed to the Nikki and Kayte, in Rosario (Argentina), it was 32ºC or 90ºF, so we were literally melting!

Lol! I love Rosario, but I know it can be painful during summer (that's why I decided I'll only go back there in winter/fall :oP). We were frying walking down 9 de Julio Avenue too. Not a single cloud or tree, the hot asphalt! And well, the subway... it's always 10 degrees hotter than outside. I think it was 34ºC that day.

Freezing, melting... all for Travis, huh? :oP

Bryn
Bryn Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 3:12 AM Quote
I'm glad Travis decided to put up the video...

I hadn't thought about how much work it would have been to make all the little pieces fit together! It turned out really well though! :)

PS Love your Mushaboom video! Where did you get the bathroom idea? It's kind of brilliant ;)

Bryn
Bryn Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 3:13 AM Quote
Sorry, double post.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 6:12 AM Quote
jdanovic wrote:
shot this just now, i love technology. it's gud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vfAihs5OJc&feature=channel_page

-jon,.

Thanks a lot Jon and welcome to the messageboard! Your version is much better. :) I totally understand what you mean about how difficult video editing can be. It took Kayte (Turtleneck) and I a pretty long time to get our singing matched up to the music. It's not easy! It was also the first time either one of us had used the iMovie software.

-Nikki (the other girl in the snowy B&W Song to Self video)

PS: LOL @ your deer.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 6:53 AM Quote
well FAB! Jon you edit is just brilliant. In fact I am just super happy that I didn't have the chance/time to check out the first one, because all I got to see thanks to 'ze mom' is yours and yours is just what it should be!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 12:09 PM Quote
Thanks a lot Jon, this is the way a fan video should be! I'm luuuurving it!
You are a hero, please stick around! *takes a bow*

Aletways
Aletways Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 1:50 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Thanks a lot Jon, this is the way a fan video should be! I'm luuuurving it!
You are a hero, please stick around! *takes a bow*

Ditto! Amazing job!!!

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next All Times UTC Current Time 9:53 AM