Travis

THE LONG AWAITED TRAVIS INTERVIEW!
lmarches
lmarches Posted Sat 10 Jan, 2009 12:42 AM Quote
Hey Everyone,

Its us at turnupthesound. We FINALLY posted the Fran Healy interview on www.turnupthesound.ning.com . We would like to apologize immensly for the wait! We promise, the interview was well worth it! And if you havn't already, please join turnupthesound. The more people who join, the better we can make it.

Thanks, and sorry again!

TUTS

Re: THE LONG AWAITED TRAVIS INTERVIEW!
singme0430
singme0430 Posted Sat 10 Jan, 2009 1:02 AM Quote
Wow!!! At last! Thank you so much for posting this! :) I Did Enjoy reading it. Thank you! Oh, by the way.

Minnmess
What do Travis think of us boardies? Do they think we are totally crazy, what with our endless posting, polls, covers, pics, etc?

FH- Yes. Nut jobs the lot of you. But we love you.

Hahaha! xD

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 10 Jan, 2009 1:04 AM Quote
Thanks so much. :)

Really interesting. I can't believe what Fran says about Get Up though. I mean, i would agree with him as i only said a few days ago it was my least favourite album track but i am still surprised he'd come out and say it himself. If it is true that he thinks that, it just shows the advantage of taking a little bit longer over an album, then The Ballad Of J Smith could have slotted in its place!!! Argh! lol

Also, it looks like we'll never see a b-side album. Shame i suppose, but new songs are the way forward! lol :)

Thanks for asking my question too. :) And yes, haha, we love you too Fran. :)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 10 Jan, 2009 1:24 AM Quote
First, I have to say that the whistling web site freaked me out because for some reason, it sounded like it was coming from behind me.

Second--cool, my question was answered.

Third--interesting about Warren Zevon. He has written one of my most favorite songs and one of my least favorite songs.

Thanks, nice interview!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 10 Jan, 2009 2:09 AM Quote
Thank youuuu! Loved the interview. Very interesting. The wait was totally worth it. And thanks for asking the boardies' questions :o)

I immediately thought of you Ben when I read that thing about Get Up. You know I agree with you about that one, and with Fran, apparently. I think it's very cool that he's so honest about it.

I really liked your question, Kayte.

We love you too Fran, but you already know that :o)

lmarches
lmarches Posted Sat 10 Jan, 2009 2:22 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
First, I have to say that the whistling web site freaked me out because for some reason, it sounded like it was coming from behind me.

That song was 5 Years Time By Noah and The Whale, we have a playlist on shufflr, dont be frightened!

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Sat 10 Jan, 2009 2:26 AM Quote
singme0430 wrote:
Wow!!! At last! Thank you so much for posting this! :) I Did Enjoy reading it. Thank you! Oh, by the way.

Minnmess
What do Travis think of us boardies? Do they think we are totally crazy, what with our endless posting, polls, covers, pics, etc?

FH- Yes. Nut jobs the lot of you. But we love you.

Hahaha! xD

Haha!
l laughed a lot xD

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sat 10 Jan, 2009 2:48 AM Quote
Soon as I read the bit where Fran says Get Up perhaps should've been left off the album, I imagined the smug smile that must've spread across Ben's face. lol. ;) I oddly liked it better on the J. Smith EP than the album. Actually I liked J. Smith better on the EP as well. Maybe what that really means is that I liked them when I first heard them but now I'm growing more bored of 'em, I dunno.

By the way, I'd just like to point out that I am in no way associated with any of these loony boardie folk. They just happen to be occupying the same virtual space as I am. :P

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 10 Jan, 2009 3:02 AM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:

By the way, I'd just like to point out that I am in no way associated with any of these loony boardie folk. They just happen to be occupying the same virtual space as I am. :P

Yeah right, Mr. Song Showdowns! ;o)

akanksha
akanksha Posted Sat 10 Jan, 2009 3:15 AM Quote
Oh great! Thanks! I thought you'd forgotten you'd ever done a Travis interview, lol. Thanks for the interview, 'twas well worth it. :D

wdiarom
wdiarom Posted Sat 10 Jan, 2009 3:39 AM Quote
Thank you!!! ;) (so, boardies' questions were used this time! XD, thanks a lot!)

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sat 10 Jan, 2009 5:40 AM Quote
Thanks!! The wait was absolutely worth it :o). Good interview! Very interesting what Fran says about Get Up ;o).
The boardies' questions was on of the best parts :oD.

And yeah, we love you too, Fran!! :o)

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Sat 10 Jan, 2009 6:26 AM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
Thanks!! The wait was absolutely worth it :o). Good interview! Very interesting what Fran says about Get Up ;o).
The boardies' questions was on of the best parts :oD.

And yeah, we love you too, Fran!! :o)

HAHA!yeah=)

Very interesting one.Not long-winded but sweet!Enjoyed it loads!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 10 Jan, 2009 6:35 AM Quote
You asked my question and they do infact think we are nuts!!! yay!
I would have been disappointed if they thought we were sane!

thanks!

ps-they love us. *sigh* lol
pss-Lukey, you are right near the top of the nut pile. There is no denying it. Soon you will taken away by the nice men with butterfly nets.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 10 Jan, 2009 7:44 AM Quote
Looks like we could see Ode to J.Smith 2 without 'get up.' !

They could add Frans hat in the cover to show the difference .

I definately would buy it again :)

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:22 PM