Travis

Song To Self (Extended Edition)
JimmyDean
JimmyDean Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 5:34 PM Quote
Hey! I listened to my copy of the Song-To-Self-Vinyl today and i realized that on "Song To Self" there is only the "bridge part" new... That's strange, because I've heard a Extended Version with Fran singing 2x "singing a song to myself, singing a song" and then the instruments start to play. Is this right, that only the bridge part is new and not also the intro ?!
I hope you'll understand my question,

andy ;-)

Re: Song To Self (Extended Edition)
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 6:08 PM Quote
3 versions.

1 - The normal album version which is also the single.
2 - The extended one which has the extra bit added and another chorus, i think.
3 - And the one that was taken off MySpace which has the extra bit replacing the second verse and the intro is slightly different.

:)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 6:41 PM Quote
Because they wrote this: The 7" features a special extended version of Song To Self containing a whole new musical section, before the release, I think that some of us may feel a bit ripped off that this extended version didn't include something totally unheard for us :P
Travis didn't know we were that nerdy! LOL!

Well the greatness of Song To Self and getting a brilliant new b-side makes up for the disapointment =)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 7:13 PM Quote
Well, the even more nerdy of us would have noticed Fran's post where he described what was in the extended version. ;)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 7:18 PM Quote
Oh I must have missed that! :O

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sat 10 Jan, 2009 7:36 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Well, the even more nerdy of us would have noticed Fran's post where he described what was in the extended version. ;)

hehe

I think this is the better version as well. But I have not heard the myspace take.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 10 Jan, 2009 7:38 PM Quote
MusicGirl99 wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

hehe

I think this is the better version as well. But I have not heard the myspace take.

I can send it to you if you want to :o)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 10 Jan, 2009 8:27 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
3 - And the one that was taken off MySpace which has the extra bit replacing the second verse and the intro is slightly different.

You can hear it here but it's just a rearrangement of the others with an extra "Singing a sooooooong" at the beginning ;)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 10 Jan, 2009 10:23 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

You can hear it here but it's just a rearrangement of the others with an extra "Singing a sooooooong" at the beginning ;)

What? lol You're winking as if you've told me something I didn't know. lol

Nacho
Nacho Posted Sat 10 Jan, 2009 10:31 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

could you send it to me too? (todas las versiones q tengas excepto la del cd :P)
thanks in advance ;)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 11 Jan, 2009 5:44 PM Quote
Nacho wrote:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

could you send it to me too? (todas las versiones q tengas excepto la del cd :P)
thanks in advance ;)

Obvio, Nacho!! No me hables en inglés xD
Almuerzo y después te las mando :o)

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 11 Jan, 2009 8:25 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

What? lol You're winking as if you've told me something I didn't know. lol

I believe I was winking at my stunning representation of the extra intro which completely and succintly conveyed the differences. Frankly Travis should employ me to type lyrics as they are sung:

Yeah I'm fallllllllllllling
I'm faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllll
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllling

:P

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 11 Jan, 2009 8:28 PM Quote
I like the extra "Singin' a sooooooong" at the beginning. Wonder why they took it out.

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 11 Jan, 2009 8:36 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I like the extra "Singin' a sooooooong" at the beginning. Wonder why they took it out.

Might be the defleshing process in action again, maybe they thought it didn't use its few seconds well. :S

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:35 PM