Travis

Prediction Mexico City: Worst Travis Gig Ever
Versus
Versus Posted Sun 04 Jan, 2009 11:06 PM Quote
As good a chance to win new fans as it may be, they are to play in the ugliest, worst sounding, less personal venue in the city where decent tickets do not cost less than $ 800, Yeah, most of us can afford it but not everyone likes Peter Gabriel and are willing to pay to see, if we're lucky, a 30 min Travis set. It's TRAVIS we're talking about, last time they played 31 songs and they still left out a bunch of great ones, most bands dont even have that many half as good songs.
They should cut the crap and play Vive Cuervo Salon, formerly known as 21.

Re: Prediction Mexico City: Worst Travis Gig Ever
carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 12:24 AM Quote

Apparently Travis should never play a 31 song setlist again because people are just going to bitch and moan when they don't get it. That's all I got....for now ;)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 1:08 AM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:

Apparently Travis should never play a 31 song setlist again because people are just going to bitch and moan when they don't get it. That's all I got....for now ;)

Exactly. I was amazed when I heard they played 31 songs in Mexico. It's an insane amount. Be happy they are coming to your city again. Some fans here will never even get the chance to see Travis live in their country.

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 1:08 AM Quote
Well, actually we should stop treating Travis as machine that makes things for us and do what we want, Travis should do what they want. And if they wanted to be with Peter Gabriel, we go to see them, or we don't
About the prediction....well, you don't know, could be 30 minutes, but at least it will be 30 great minutes, and one of the best "30 minutes" this 2009 :) and maybe they return soon, making another gig, 31 setlist? could be, it would be amazing again! but if not, i'm happy, i would be happy just to see an only Travis show again.
The worst gig, if you think so, don't go. C'mon, if we still getting mad of this show, is like a kind of dissapointed for them, 'cause they know how we are. Dissapointed.
I'm gonna buy my ticket on febraury, and i'm starting getting excited, so if you don't want to pay so much, do what i will do. buy the cheapest tickets.
I'm going to be on the last row, but whatever, i want to be there, close or far.

mario_healy
mario_healy Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 1:40 AM Quote
actually they played like 24-25 songs last time, not 31 haha that one was some months before

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 1:54 AM Quote
jesusaremus wrote:
Well, actually we should stop treating Travis as machine that makes things for us and do what we want, Travis should do what they want. And if they wanted to be with Peter Gabriel, we go to see them, or we don't
About the prediction....well, you don't know, could be 30 minutes, but at least it will be 30 great minutes, and one of the best "30 minutes" this 2009 :) and maybe they return soon, making another gig, 31 setlist? could be, it would be amazing again! but if not, i'm happy, i would be happy just to see an only Travis show again.
The worst gig, if you think so, don't go. C'mon, if we still getting mad of this show, is like a kind of dissapointed for them, 'cause they know how we are. Dissapointed.
I'm gonna buy my ticket on febraury, and i'm starting getting excited, so if you don't want to pay so much, do what i will do. buy the cheapest tickets.
I'm going to be on the last row, but whatever, i want to be there, close or far.

Finally someone who is appreciative! I've said it before and I'll say it again, I would love to see that show as I grew up listening to Peter Gabriel and love his music. I'd pay some serious cash for that show. If you are not familiar with his music, check him out, you might be surprised :)

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 3:01 AM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:

Hey, don't need to be so harsh. Take it easy! Not all Mexicans think that way ;o).

As for what Versus said, I absolutely disagree with her/him (?). At first I wasn't very happy either because they are supporting Peter Gabriel. I mean, I don't hate Peter Gabriel, but I'm not much into his music either. Anyways, I reconsidered everything (especially after reading the interview made to Dougie on a Mexican newspaper), and I thought that I got it all wrong before. "Travis is coming one more time to Mexico, you have waited a long time to see them again. You shouldn't be mad or dissapointed of how or with who they are coming back. You should be just happy because they think of Mexico, and it seems they really want to be here once more. So, stop moaning, buy your ticket (when you can) and be happy!", I said to myself. And let me tell you that since I don't have the money to do it, I am doing a big, HUGE effort to be able to buy the tickets (I haven't bought them yet :o(), and I'll be buying the cheapest ones too. But just thinking of the moment that I'll hear the new songs live, that I probably be able to meet them again, makes me realize that all the effort is worth it :oD.
Also, since I'm going to the gig of Peter Gabriel, I'm not losing the opportunity of hearing a few more songs of his. New music, new artists is always something good... at least for me it is :o).

Sorry for my terrible English! xD

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 4:01 AM Quote
Versus wrote:
As good a chance to win new fans as it may be, they are to play in the ugliest, worst sounding, less personal venue in the city where decent tickets do not cost less than $ 800, Yeah, most of us can afford it but not everyone likes Peter Gabriel and are willing to pay to see, if we're lucky, a 30 min Travis set. It's TRAVIS we're talking about, last time they played 31 songs and they still left out a bunch of great ones, most bands dont even have that many half as good songs.
They should cut the crap and play Vive Cuervo Salon, formerly known as 21.

c'mon!! are you a seer? or can you predict the future?? I don't think this gig will be worst ever!! you should to be proud about they will back to Mexico, 4th in 5 years!! There's some countries they've expecting see them, even 30 min!!

I'm not sure the gig will be only 30 min... and, even is 30 min, will be good, and I really will enjoy it!! and trust me, not all of us can afford the amount for this gig, we know is expensive, and surely most of us will be in the cheapest ones... but... I know how they play, and how is their show.... and do you know something?? I won't miss it!!

Versus
Versus Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 5:36 AM Quote
jesusaremus wrote:

They should do it for themselves, coming from the country known for booing support acts offstage for no reason whatsoever. I know Travis is underrated, but they can do better. And we fans could do better aswell, there's a lot of travis fans in Mexico, I'll give you that, but I'm sure we could never be the majority in a venue that holds tenths of thousands where the band members are just little dots on the landscape and the sound is either swallowed by the people or flies towards the polluted yet beautiful spring skies of this peculiar-open air-BASEBALL STADIUM. Good gig experience? I don't think so.
Don't look good peeps, in comparison with the past gigs...

Ps. There ain't such thing as a too long Travis set, only for the wonderwallers who are everywhere. 'No mames we... no mamss.. tocaron tuenty (20) we.. no mams que hueva we...'
fair play to them

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 7:04 AM Quote
Versus wrote:

They should do it for themselves, coming from the country known for booing support acts offstage for no reason whatsoever. I know Travis is underrated, but they can do better. And we fans could do better aswell, there's a lot of travis fans in Mexico, I'll give you that, but I'm sure we could never be the majority in a venue that holds tenths of thousands where the band members are just little dots on the landscape and the sound is either swallowed by the people or flies towards the polluted yet beautiful spring skies of this peculiar-open air-BASEBALL STADIUM. Good gig experience? I don't think so.
Don't look good peeps, in comparison with the past gigs...

Ps. There ain't such thing as a too long Travis set, only for the wonderwallers who are everywhere. 'No mames we... no mamss.. tocaron tuenty (20) we.. no mams que hueva we...'
fair play to them

You can't make them do what you want to do, or what you'd like them to do. And I'm sure they won't do it anyway, so let them do just what they want to. If you're not happy because they're supporting Peter Gabriel, don't go to gig, forget about it, and just let it go. Don't have to be so rude and harsh to them, eh? The only thing you're achieving right now is that they get a wrong impression of their Mexican fans, at least of you. So, calm down! Alright, I get it, you don't like the fact that they are supporting Peter Gabriel's gig, well, it's just as easy as this: don't go! You'll be happy, according to you you won't miss anything. So, why are you so worried and angry?

owenlee
owenlee Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 9:01 AM Quote
It's ridiculous of you to say so.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 10:30 AM Quote
What a negative thread.

Either go, or don't go, but moaning is only bringing all the people who are going to make the effort to go down.

I totally understand the complaint about the cost of tickets, but that's because they are supporting a massive name in music, and if the tickets sell out, then it was the right thing to charge what they charge. It's not great value for money if you're paying a fortune to see a mini Travis set alone, but stay and see the headline act, and you'll have been treated to familiar and unfamiliar music, and there is nothing wrong with broadening your music horizon.

I saw Travis as a headline act in London years ago, where one of the support acts was Kings of Leon (around the time of Molly's Chambers). Kings of Leon brought loads of fans to the gig, who left in huge numbers immediately after the KOL set, which was also only about 30 mins. They certainly didn't get their money's worth in real money terms, but they were a happy and devoted bunch of fans.

Also, it converted me to KOL, and I've loved them ever since. The same could happen to you with Peter Gabriel.

It's a question of choice. But if this gig situation is the worst thing that ever happens to you, consider yourself a very lucky person! :)

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 11:53 AM Quote
How funny XD

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 12:27 PM Quote
The Worst Travis Gig = No Travis Gig.

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 2:26 PM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
carlottarocks wrote:

Hey, don't need to be so harsh. Take it easy! Not all Mexicans think that way ;o).

As for what Versus said, I absolutely disagree with her/him (?). At first I wasn't very happy either because they are supporting Peter Gabriel. I mean, I don't hate Peter Gabriel, but I'm not much into his music either. Anyways, I reconsidered everything (especially after reading the interview made to Dougie on a Mexican newspaper), and I thought that I got it all wrong before. "Travis is coming one more time to Mexico, you have waited a long time to see them again. You shouldn't be mad or dissapointed of how or with who they are coming back. You should be just happy because they think of Mexico, and it seems they really want to be here once more. So, stop moaning, buy your ticket (when you can) and be happy!", I said to myself. And let me tell you that since I don't have the money to do it, I am doing a big, HUGE effort to be able to buy the tickets (I haven't bought them yet :o(), and I'll be buying the cheapest ones too. But just thinking of the moment that I'll hear the new songs live, that I probably be able to meet them again, makes me realize that all the effort is worth it :oD.
Also, since I'm going to the gig of Peter Gabriel, I'm not losing the opportunity of hearing a few more songs of his. New music, new artists is always something good... at least for me it is :o).

Sorry for my terrible English! xD

Don't take it as an attack of all Mexicans. Until Jesusaremus' response in this thread I had not read a positive post about this concert, it was all a bunch of bitching and moaning. As it's been said numerous times, people should be grateful they are coming to a city near them, period.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:26 PM