Travis

Re: The Ballad of J. Smith
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 04 Jan, 2009 11:36 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I know!!! I'm listening over and over. It's so good. The lyrics are great too.

And it's so catchy! Another "too good to be a b-side" song.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 12:07 AM Quote
Cool tune, I like it. Used To Belong and Sarah are my favs of the whole J. Smith recordings and, from a few listens, this one would be easily in to the top half as well. B-sides are the way forward I tells ya.

I still have a slight niggle with the sound quality of these recordings though... dunno, maybe it's just me.

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 1:17 AM Quote
Hallo all of you!
I bought my vynil, but it's on the way to home. So, anyone, that wants to win a space on heaven lol, could send me the digital one? please please please? ññ
my emial is: jesusaremus@gmail.com

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 3:56 AM Quote
Haven't listened to it yet :o(. But lyrics are great! :o)

fibu
fibu Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 2:48 PM Quote
i'm just curious.. i get my ballad, it's beatiful, but my 7'' is still on the way and i haven't got player for it = does anybody have s2s extended's rip? pleeease =)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 2:54 PM Quote
fibu wrote:
i'm just curious.. i get my ballad, it's beatiful, but my 7'' is still on the way and i haven't got player for it = does anybody have s2s extended's rip? pleeease =)

Would be great if someone has it... Fran did say himself that it would be downloadable, hopefully that's still the case. :)

gaby
gaby Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 4:55 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

I agree! Beautiful song! listening to it made my day :)
Many thanks for the link!
*cheers*

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 5:49 PM Quote
hey everyone,

i'm dying to hear that song, the lyrics are great. i swear to god that i'll buy it if it's gonna be released in germany - but i can't wait ;) so... can anyone e-mail it to me? i'd be so grateful, thanks in advance!

evenstar86@web.de

=)

elodie
elodie Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 6:04 PM Quote
hi everyone!!

i've tried to download it on the web store but all I could manage to get is 'Song To Self'... the B-side download doesn't work for me :(

could someone send it to me : grossi.elodie@wanadoo.fr ? It would be very appreciated!

thanks! ;-)

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 6:16 PM Quote
Waaa!
Someone who wants to share the song?

Can't wait to listen!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 8:48 PM Quote
Loving it more and more everytime I listen. I think this could have done well not only being on Ode itself (it is better than 4 songs on it I think) but it would have been a great single. Fran said he's not written since Jan/Feb. Why is this not on Ode?... It's WAY better than a certain song, *ahem* starting with G.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 9:28 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Loving it more and more everytime I listen. I think this could have done well not only being on Ode itself (it is better than 4 songs on it I think) but it would have been a great single. Fran said he's not written since Jan/Feb. Why is this not on Ode?... It's WAY better than a certain song, *ahem* starting with G.

I second that.

Well not that I think that the G-song is THAT bad, but I wouldn't mind if Ballad Of J. Smith and Sarah was part of the tracklisting ;) They are two too good to be B-sides, at least for me, but I guess Fran and co. knows best!

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 9:40 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

Yup, agree. The first time I listened to it I started to sing instantly :o).

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 9:50 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

I second that.

Well not that I think that the G-song is THAT bad, but I wouldn't mind if Ballad Of J. Smith and Sarah was part of the tracklisting ;) They are two too good to be B-sides, at least for me, but I guess Fran and co. knows best!

I love Ode the way it is. This is a great b-side. Too good to be a b-side, yes, but I wouldn't change Ode. And I honestly don't understand this thing you have against Get Up, Ben!! I LOVE it.

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 9:55 PM Quote
It is too good to be a b-side. Genuinely, way too good. To the point of "what were they thinking?"

So are Used to Belong & Sarah (IMO). When I compare them to the TBWNN era b-sides I'm not getting at those songs at all, it's just the likes of The Day To Day, This Love....they were b-sides. Good b-sides, but still not quite album standard. With the odd exception the same's true of previous albums - the best stuff got on the album.

With this, I really don't think they did. Swap Ballad, Sarah & Used to Belong for I dunno, Get Up, Broken Mirror and Long Way Down....and for me you'd have a much better album.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:20 AM