Travis

Re: My Quit Smoking Diary!
megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 07 Jan, 2009 7:21 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

I think there is a trap that sometimes people who are trying to rid themselves of a bad habit fall into. That's thinking "oh I messed up so I might as well have another and start again tomorrow."

Yup, that's me and chocolate :(

Be brave Wendy, you'll be fine! Fingers crossed.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 07 Jan, 2009 7:29 PM Quote
Look at it this way, Wendy. When you first started smoking, you didn't pick up your first cigarette and love it. You actually had to get used to smoking, practice smoking if you will.

Now you have to get used to not smoking. You have to practice not smoking. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. You've really done a great job so far and everyone says the first month is really difficult. You can do it!

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Wed 07 Jan, 2009 7:54 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Don't beat yourself up Wenders. Just keep going forward(and remember how gross that one was).

I second that.
Don't give up!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 07 Jan, 2009 8:01 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Thankyou! You are all too nice :)

your supposed to shout at me and make me feel bad! lol

We have surviellance on your 24/7. We were prepared to be mean, but then you told the truth so you got off easy...
THIS TIME!
I threaten to bombard you with hockey stuff if there is further cheating.
better?
:)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 12:52 AM Quote

Aww, don't be so hard on yourself. It wasn't an entire cigarette, and quitting can be very hard!
I'm glad you're still on this and won't let this tiny incident get in your way. And it's great that you didn't like it!

GO WENDY! I think that you have a great attitude, I'm very sure you're going to make it :o)

minnmess wrote:
Peewee wrote:

We have surviellance on your 24/7. We were prepared to be mean, but then you told the truth so you got off easy...
THIS TIME!
better?

Lol, Kristy! xD

missmoo
missmoo Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 1:57 AM Quote
Well done peewee :)

Good luck to all those quitting the cigs. You can do it!!!

Think this is my 7th day with out the little devils.

Think the first 2 days were the worst. At the end of the first day I just rocked back and forth in want and lust of a cig! On the second day I was about ready to take hostages. But now I am beginning to see and feel the benefits of a none smoker. When I smoked I couldn't even run 5 miles, I still can't but my lungs are free of smoke! I jest but am proud of myself, it's not easy. So good luck peeps.

It can be done. :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 3:51 AM Quote
Yeah to missmoo and any other smokers on here who are trying to quit.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 5:49 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Look at it this way, Wendy. When you first started smoking, you didn't pick up your first cigarette and love it. You actually had to get used to smoking, practice smoking if you will.

Now you have to get used to not smoking. You have to practice not smoking. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. You've really done a great job so far and everyone says the first month is really difficult. You can do it!

Well said Kayte! I second your comment.

Don't give up Wendy! You're doing just fine :o).

Darran
Darran Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 10:11 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
We have surviellance on your 24/7.

Hey hold on, my payment hasn't come through for this yet.

Seriously though Wendy, we believe in you.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 3:02 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Peewee wrote:

THIS TIME!
better?

LMAO!!! That's super, just the way it should be! Ekkkk a threat of hockey related stuff!!! PLEASE I promise not to go back on my word or let any of you down, I will not touch a cigarrette ever again!!! LOL

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 3:11 PM Quote
missmoo wrote:
Well done peewee :)

Good luck to all those quitting the cigs. You can do it!!!

Think this is my 7th day with out the little devils.

Think the first 2 days were the worst. At the end of the first day I just rocked back and forth in want and lust of a cig! On the second day I was about ready to take hostages. But now I am beginning to see and feel the benefits of a none smoker. When I smoked I couldn't even run 5 miles, I still can't but my lungs are free of smoke! I jest but am proud of myself, it's not easy. So good luck peeps.

It can be done. :)

Aww Missmoo,

Thanks so much for your kind words. It's good to know someone else is going through this with me. heehee My 7th day is tomorrow! I actually feel really good today and yesterday wasn't so bad craving wise. Today is really weird, I haven't had a craving AT ALL! That manky cig the other day must have changed something in my head.

Although I am having a good day y'day and today doesn't mean I will not face hard times but this thread has really helped. Even though I am not on here all day long it's still in the back of my mind that you guys are all here showing your support and it really means ALOT!!!

So, big pat on the back for us (newbie) non-smokers! :)

BTW Kayte, you speak so much sense! thankyou!

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 6:42 PM Quote
http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/gcu/lowres/gcun6l.jpg

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 8:38 PM Quote
PMSL!!!!! I love it Rammy!!! :)

Thankyou Muchly :D

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 09 Jan, 2009 1:42 PM Quote
Day 7!!!!!!

I made it! :) Ha ha I'm so chuffed. It may not seem long to you but 7 days is CRAZY for me!

That's like 90 cigarrettes I have gone without!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you see the extent of my problem now. Ek 10 a day then obviously alot more at the weekend.

Strange thing I never had a craving yesterday either....or today :)

A MIRACLE!!!

*jumps around for joy*

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 09 Jan, 2009 1:51 PM Quote
Way to go girl, I'm so happy for you :D

http://www.sk.lung.ca/graphics/ed/boy2b.gif

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:08 AM