Travis

My Quit Smoking Diary!
Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 01 Jan, 2009 6:50 PM Quote
Ok so I know New Years Resolutions are pants and they never work, but I am doing this more for healthy and financial reasons.

Tomorrow IS D Day! Or maybe it should be V day....dunno! Victory over my final lightbulb moment where I realise I gotta quit this stinking habit for GOOD!

Now I am not here to make excuses. I don't ACTUALLY smoke that much...10 a day is pushing it. so I am not bad compared to other die-hards. So here goes!

You lovely people are probably wondering "why the heck is she putting this in here"....well I shall tell you why! This is my most frequented Messageboard and if I throw it out there then you lovely people can share my misery or joy and help me along my way...if you want too! Also, since I am on here pretty much most days then it makes it harder to let myself down. *Does that make sense?*

ALSO, If anyone else has some big ny resolution then support is HERE! :)

That's all!
W :)

Re: My Quit Smoking Diary!
minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 01 Jan, 2009 6:54 PM Quote
Good job Wendy!!

Just to clarify something. Are you saying 10 a day isnt a lot? As a non smoker that seems like a ridiculous amount. Maybe im just naive.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 01 Jan, 2009 6:56 PM Quote
Of course I'm gonna follow your progress and support your choice in every way that I can luv! =) YOU are a LOVELY person so I really hope you can quit this awful habbit =)

I spend way too much time on this board so if you need someone to yell at, to let go of some crazy abstinance steam, you know where you can find me!

Best of luck! *kicks butt*

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 01 Jan, 2009 6:56 PM Quote
I support your decision, Wendy. Good for you! Save that cig money for a vacation or something to treat yourself. I know it will be hard. I'm not a smoker myself, but I watched my father try to quit time and time again. It is worth the difficulty--my dad died of cancer. So please stick with your goal!!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 01 Jan, 2009 6:57 PM Quote
Feel free to post ANTI SMOKING propaganda! LOL I know you ANTI smokers want too. lol

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 01 Jan, 2009 6:58 PM Quote
Good for you, Wendy!! Good luck. :)

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 01 Jan, 2009 7:00 PM Quote
Awwwwww thankyou you lovely people! :)

Yes, the money needs to go elsewhere now :D I'm really determined to do this and know it will be HARD but....hard work pays off!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 01 Jan, 2009 7:00 PM Quote
I once was a smoker. Sometimes the urge for a cig is really bad, but I can resist it =)

Good for you
Jedi Quigley
Jedi Quigley Posted Thu 01 Jan, 2009 7:29 PM Quote
just wanted to let you know i wish you all the best.

its such a great thing to do for your health but i am sure you know that.

ive never had an addiction to anything except maybe food in general hehe but maybe you should check this book out

how to quit wihout feeling s**t: The fast, highly effective way to end addiction to caffeine, sugar, cigarettes, alcohol, illicit or prescription drugs by Patrick Holford

i am currently training to be a nutritional therapist, Patrick Holford is the guy that founded the institute for optimum nutrition where i am training....he writes really good books which are inspiring

all the besttt :o)

Laura

Darran
Darran Posted Thu 01 Jan, 2009 7:38 PM Quote
Good luck Wendy, fingers crossed.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 01 Jan, 2009 8:12 PM Quote
Hear ya!, I decided to quit social smoking. Hangovers were killing me.

Fingers crossed, Wendy!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 01 Jan, 2009 8:15 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Hear ya!, I decided to quit social smoking. Hangovers were killing me.

Fingers crossed, Wendy!

Yay, good for you too Meggster!
I'm willing to meanly lecture you guys anytime you need it :)

Aída
Aída Posted Thu 01 Jan, 2009 8:26 PM Quote

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Thu 01 Jan, 2009 8:43 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Awwwwww thankyou you lovely people! :)

Yes, the money needs to go elsewhere now :D I'm really determined to do this and know it will be HARD but....hard work pays off!

wise decision
good luck with it!
:D

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Thu 01 Jan, 2009 8:45 PM Quote
New Year's resolutions aren't pants. Good luck, I know you can do it. :)

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:53 PM