Travis

Read if you dare! (or have too much time on your hands)
J_Smith
J_Smith Posted Wed 31 Dec, 2008 10:05 AM Quote
I appeared on this message board from nowhere but, in a way, I'm gonna introduce myself now. :)

I posted blog entries on my myspace: list of my favourite singles of 2008, list of my favourite albums, of the best concerts I've been to this year... I left number one (from both album and concert list) for the last blog entry which came out extreeemly long, but it kinda sums up the Travis-story of my life and describes the concert in Copenhagen, so if you really don't have anything to do, please read :)

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=236994861&blogID=460272722

Re: Read if you dare! (or have too much time on your hands)
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 31 Dec, 2008 12:15 PM Quote
Obviously we get there's a lot of reviews of shows and fan messages posted here on the board, but yours is different and special and amazing! It's the kind of message that we should cut out and stick to the side of the board to remind us why we're here. Thanks so much for writing it all so honestly and making me remember what loving Travis really means.

Oh and welcome to the board, that's probably the most thorough introduction I've ever seen too :)

J_Smith
J_Smith Posted Wed 31 Dec, 2008 12:20 PM Quote
haha don't you have anything to do that you read this all? :P
thank you! :)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 31 Dec, 2008 12:37 PM Quote
I had nothing else to do but it's definitely worth a 10 minute detour :)

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Wed 31 Dec, 2008 4:11 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Obviously we get there's a lot of reviews of shows and fan messages posted here on the board, but yours is different and special and amazing! It's the kind of message that we should cut out and stick to the side of the board to remind us why we're here. Thanks so much for writing it all so honestly and making me remember what loving Travis really means.

Oh and welcome to the board, that's probably the most thorough introduction I've ever seen too :)

I agree!
Your Travis' history is amazing! And I enjoyed it very much, moreover I'm going to my second Travis' show (like the first to me) in a month and I'm very excited!
It's long (and I thought that mine was too much heheh) so I'll finish to read it tomorrow :P
Thanks for share it with us, I really like to know these stories and reviews =D

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Thu 01 Jan, 2009 3:24 PM Quote
thank you so much for sharing this, and actually i think you are a pretty good writer!

J_Smith
J_Smith Posted Fri 02 Jan, 2009 11:45 AM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
I had nothing else to do but it's definitely worth a 10 minute detour :)

Thank you again for your words! And I know lots of people write reviews in the tour archive, I was thinking about doing it but I'm too laaazyyy, and on my blog I had to write about my number one album and number one concert, to finish the lists I posted there before, so I decided to write it all in one: about the album, about the concert + the Travis-story of my life ;) and then I thought I could maybe link to it here... and that it would be a way of saying hello on the forum too ;) I thought a new topic wouldn't hurt anyone :)

Irene: yours isn't long at all! :) I read it and I understand you so well, that one night can change so much and how the Travis concert affects you... I wish I could see them again, have fun at your second gig, lucky girl!

sorry angel wrote:
thank you so much for sharing this, and actually i think you are a pretty good writer!

You're welcome and I thank you! I wish it was true cause I;d love to be a writer, but I totally suck at writing! ;)

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Fri 02 Jan, 2009 10:48 PM Quote
Firstly, I want to tell you THANK YOU for sharing all your memories and happiness with us. You really put a smile on my face :o). Plus you really are a pretty good writer!

I agree with you in these 2 things:

I never had a crush on Fran either.

"12 Memories" is a magnificent album, and as you said underrated. Anyways it is on my top 3 :o).

Also, if you have too much time in your hands, here something I wrote like 5 months ago :o)

J_Smith
J_Smith Posted Sat 03 Jan, 2009 7:51 AM Quote
Thank you, Bogus Blue! :)
unfortunately your myspace profile is private so I can't read it now, but please accept my friend request and I'll definately read what you wrote there! :) I love your pic with Dougie :D

singme0430
singme0430 Posted Sat 03 Jan, 2009 1:04 PM Quote
Thank you for sharing this. What a lovely story! :)

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sun 04 Jan, 2009 1:19 AM Quote
J_Smith wrote:
Thank you, Bogus Blue! :)
unfortunately your myspace profile is private so I can't read it now, but please accept my friend request and I'll definately read what you wrote there! :) I love your pic with Dougie :D

Oh, silly me! I totally forgot about that! xD. Btw, request accepted ;o).
Oh, and I forgot to tell that my English is terrible, so sorry if you can't understand a thing xD.

akanksha
akanksha Posted Sun 04 Jan, 2009 1:28 AM Quote
Beautiful story. Thank you for sharing it!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 9:00 PM