Travis

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE (RESULTS AND TABLES UP)
bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Tue 20 Jan, 2009 7:55 PM Quote
The Bench is a great idea!

I feel bad about Broken Mirror. I really like that song, and it hasn't won any of the matches so far :o(.

In Divison 1 The Fear is very close to As You Are, pretty close battle. That's great, both songs are very good :o).

Wolfy
Wolfy Posted Tue 20 Jan, 2009 8:14 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I think that the Division 1 table should be the updated one?

Me too???

Sorry, i dont really get what you said....

mili
mili Posted Tue 20 Jan, 2009 9:42 PM Quote
Susie Hug has recorded Unbelievers, but I'm not sure who recorded it first.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 20 Jan, 2009 10:17 PM Quote
mili wrote:

Wasn't it on her A is for Album album released a couple of years ago? I think Travis released it first by a mile, I'd say cover.

Nice developments Alex, thanks for putting in the work!

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Wed 21 Jan, 2009 12:04 AM Quote
I couldn´t vote! Damn!
this round was quickly!
whatever... tomorrow is a new day
XD!

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Wed 21 Jan, 2009 12:45 AM Quote
I really enjoy voting

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 21 Jan, 2009 12:00 PM Quote
The time has come to VOTE THE F##K OUT (excuse me, you know what I mean)

I hope you'll enjoy this round and that the new addition, The Bench, is to your full satisfaction =)

(In The Bench, votes are counted differently, so I don't mind if you vote more than once, when it comes to this survey. Sometimes you'll have to do that anyways, cause there's gonna be more songs to rate in the future.)

Cheers!

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE (7TH ROUND OF VOTING UP)
Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Wed 21 Jan, 2009 4:17 PM Quote
Lol I'm @school xD

So, I'll vote later ;)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 21 Jan, 2009 4:19 PM Quote
Wolfy wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I think that the Division 1 table should be the updated one?

Me too???

Sorry, i dont really get what you said....

I was a bit sloppy with my answer sorry! What I meant to say was that the updated table for Division 1 should be visible on the page!

And I was on my way out before so I forgot to re-set the counter, I will do that for the next round, make it a promise Ben!

mili
mili Posted Wed 21 Jan, 2009 5:43 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
mili wrote:

Wasn't it on her A is for Album album released a couple of years ago? I think Travis released it first by a mile, I'd say cover.

How right you are! Travis' version was released in 1997 and Susie's 2004. So does that make Susie's version a cover version of her own song?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 21 Jan, 2009 5:52 PM Quote
mili wrote:
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
mili wrote:

How right you are! Travis' version was released in 1997 and Susie's 2004. So does that make Susie's version a cover version of her own song?

Haha that's really weird!

Have you noticed that it didn't end up on The Bench? I don't think that covers should be in the game, so I decided to put it away, but if it's Susie that covers her own song, then maybe I should take it back?

But perhaps Under The Moonlight should also be considered as a cover then? But on the other hand it's an album track, so I don't know :S

mili
mili Posted Wed 21 Jan, 2009 6:10 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

But perhaps Under The Moonlight should also be considered as a cover then? But on the other hand it's an album track, so I don't know :S

I think Under The Moonlight can't be considered as a cover since it's an album track. What would you do with artists who never create their own songs…?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 21 Jan, 2009 6:12 PM Quote
The idea of re-setting the counter was just an idea Alex. Try if you want but it doesn't really matter. :)

I think it should be considered a cover. They didn't write it themselves and it's been released by the writer (at a later time though which does confuse things). Same with Under The Moonlight. Has she released it? If so, it's a cover i'd say. But i think it'll be quite fun to add covers in the mix. See how the covers are appreciated by us fans. See if we'd prefer Get Up because it's a Travis song or the cover because it's a better song. Could make things interesting. Maybe.

Voted. ;)

Edit: I think if a song has been written for a singer or for a band to sing, then it isn't a cover. But if it's been chosen by a band or a singer to sing then it should be. I can't imagine that she's ever written for Travis. They've probably heard a song of hers and liked it and wanted to record it themselves. Maybe that should be the difference between a cover and non-cover.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 21 Jan, 2009 6:19 PM Quote
mili wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

I think Under The Moonlight can't be considered as a cover since it's an album track. What would you do with artists who never create their own songs…?

Muse put 'Feeling Good' on their second album. That is definitely a cover. :)

mili
mili Posted Wed 21 Jan, 2009 6:21 PM Quote
I just found Under The Moonlight (Demo) on iTunes, it's on Susie Hug's album Huggets vol 2 from 2008. There's even a Japanese demo of it!

Pages Previous 1...15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:28 AM