Travis

So What Did Santa Bring?
elfy
elfy Posted Thu 25 Dec, 2008 10:09 AM Quote
I got perhaps one of the coolest things in the history of Christmas. My lovely wife got me one of these bad boys! Click on the picture to read all about it.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j51/elfy32the2nd/p2103b.jpg

Yes I am a child trapped in a 30 year old's body and I care not a jot.

Re: So What Did Santa Bring?
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 25 Dec, 2008 10:22 AM Quote
That is fuckin' excellent, I want one !!!

Cool website too, they got loads of cool shit including a Stylophone you can try on the Site.

Santa brought me a hangover.

Dubz

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Thu 25 Dec, 2008 10:40 AM Quote
I got a bass guitar:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/purplelurcher/Picture006-1.jpg
(I got the electric guitar last year)

And the best present ever:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/purplelurcher/Picture004.jpg

My Dad made it for me. It's a radio controlled replica of my Range Rover:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/purplelurcher/Moocopford2007-1.jpg
Real^
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/purplelurcher/Picture002-2.jpg
^Radio controlled :-D

Merry Christmas!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 25 Dec, 2008 10:52 AM Quote
That's very cool, and I like your real Rangey too, is it raised suspension, what size engine is it ?

We were out playing in my mate's Range Rover a couple of weeks back It has the 4.4litre V8 engine, it's quite quick for a big lump but it deffo has a drink problem about 8 mpg in town or if you absolutely thrash it by maxing it out on the motorway (not that we would obviously as it does well over the ton, we're told ahem).

We were also out playing in a Jag XK8 the other day, It's a lovely car but an absolute bitch to get in and out of, the visability in the thing is also abysmal too many blind spots, helish to park, Liam said he was constantly on edge driving the thing.

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=830699051

Dubz

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Thu 25 Dec, 2008 11:32 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
That's very cool, and I like your real Rangey too, is it raised suspension, what size engine is it ?

We were out playing in my mate's Range Rover a couple of weeks back It has the 4.4litre V8 engine, it's quite quick for a big lump but it deffo has a drink problem about 8 mpg in town or if you absolutely thrash it by maxing it out on the motorway (not that we would obviously as it does well over the ton, we're told ahem).

I love my Rangey lol. It's got slightly raised suspension and a 3.9 V8. It's got loads more stuff on it now to protect it when we off road it (steering guard, tank guard, rock sliders, chequerplate and all that other armour lol). It used to be an absolute nightmare with drinking petrol so we put a gas conversion on it to save a bit of money, but we still off road it on petrol. It was the first car I ever drove off road (aged 12 lol). Sadly it would cost wayyy too much for me to drive on the road next year :-(

Darran
Darran Posted Thu 25 Dec, 2008 11:46 AM Quote
Woooooooooah Handmade radio controlled Range Rover, unbelievable! A Team van is well cool as well.

I got an Oasis book A Year On The Road which is photographs following them from 94-95, truly amazing.

Also got Moto GP 08 and PES 09 for the Xbox 360.

My stocking consisted of clay face masks, eye wrinkle cream and smelly stuff! Talk about getting old. No socks though.

I have just made the desert to take round the folks for Christmas Dinner and I think i will unleash my plaid shirt to them.

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 25 Dec, 2008 11:51 AM Quote
well "Santa" doesn't bring anything over here, but the "Christkind" brought this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/schupidu/Weihnachten2008037.jpg?t=1230205665

and the final realisation that my mum really is a bit crazy.
she lost her job three weeks ago and she still got me a Travis ticket (plus an awesome owl-calendar, I love owls!)!!!
I was so sure I won't be able to attend the concert in February because I'm so skint - and now my mum got me the ticket (and something to look forward to in 2009!)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 25 Dec, 2008 11:59 AM Quote
Darran wrote:
Woooooooooah Handmade radio controlled Range Rover, unbelievable! A Team van is well cool as well.

I got an Oasis book A Year On The Road which is photographs following them from 94-95, truly amazing.

Also got Moto GP 08 and PES 09 for the Xbox 360.

My stocking consisted of clay face masks, eye wrinkle cream and smelly stuff! Talk about getting old. No socks though.

I have just made the desert to take round the folks for Christmas Dinner and I think i will unleash my plaid shirt to them.

nice one!! let us know how you get on with the Xbox games. have a good day bro.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 25 Dec, 2008 12:07 PM Quote
lilly wrote:

she lost her job three weeks ago and she still got me a Travis ticket (plus an awesome owl-calendar, I love owls!)!!!
I was so sure I won't be able to attend the concert in February because I'm so skint - and now my mum got me the ticket (and something to look forward to in 2009!)

Nice One hope you enjoy the show, your calendar reminded me of my Hooters Calender

http://www.yorkblog.com/mma/img/hooters.jpeg

Dubz

btw was watching QI re runs the other day.. Is it true that the Danish word for "king" is "kong" so the film King Kong is known as Kong King ??

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 25 Dec, 2008 12:51 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

btw was watching QI re runs the other day.. Is it true that the Danish word for "king" is "kong" so the film King Kong is known as Kong King ??

erm, well I don't speak Danish (no idea why the Board puts "DE" in my profile. I guess they want it to stand for "Deutschland" - very confusing...), but I think you're right about the "kong" part - though I guess "King Kong" wasn't dubbed in Denmark, I think they usually get the original English versions and titles.
(which I think is great. In Germany, we usually get dubbed movies, and sometimes I think the person who "translated" the title doesn't speak English and hasn't seen the movie
[e.g.: "Die Hard" became "Stirb Langsam" here - but this would translate into "Die Slowly". So I've always assumed it was about someone being slowly tortured to death...)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 25 Dec, 2008 1:04 PM Quote

My favourite lost in translation was Pepsi. they came up with the slogan "Pepsi - The Choice for a New Generation" it was translated into many versions but when they translated it into Taiwanese (I think) it became Pepsi - It will bring your ancestors back from the dead.

Dubz

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 25 Dec, 2008 1:18 PM Quote
LOL, Pepsi must have made a fortune in Taiwan ;D

I also liked Mitsubishi's "Pajero" (and Mazda's "Laputa") debacle in Spain, I have the suspicion they sold zero cars there - except maybe to someone who wants to drive a Mitsubishi "Wanker" or a Mazda "Bitch"...
Seriously, someone should explain the concept of "dictionaries" to those people...

dee
dee Posted Thu 25 Dec, 2008 1:23 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
lilly wrote:

Nice One hope you enjoy the show, your calendar reminded me of my Hooters Calender

http://www.yorkblog.com/mma/img/hooters.jpeg

Dubz

you were about to get in trouble there until i clicked the link-nice save

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 25 Dec, 2008 1:24 PM Quote

Or the Fiat Punto in Brazil (tiny male genitals)
or the Toyota MR2 in France (em ar Deux = Merde = Shit)

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 25 Dec, 2008 1:28 PM Quote
dee wrote:

you were about to get in trouble there until i clicked the link-nice save

Good morning my wonderfully understanding gf, happy christmas

Dubz

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:58 PM