Travis

amusing phrases you've overheard...
goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 18 Dec, 2008 9:40 PM Quote
ok so this one was actually directed at me...a new guy is up here covering the switchboard and he had to use the restroom so he put the phones on cover so they would ring on my line and not the switchboard....when he got back it was ringing and he said

"oh uh..how do i..uh...uncover you?" LOL before pickin' up the phones again.

just kinda amused me

gimme some of your best ones peeps! i need a laugh!

Re: amusing phrases you've overheard...
SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 18 Dec, 2008 10:03 PM Quote
I got one for ya! Over the weekend, my sister and I were making chocolate truffles--a recipe actually sent to us from Mary. Well, it got tiring calling them truffles, so we just called them balls. Well, we were rolling them, and she tried to comment on the texture of one batch verses the first batch. She said:

"oooh...these balls feel good! they feel better than the last ones!" haha!!

and then...since we were calling them balls, her kids were like, "mommy, when can we eat the balls?"

her husband had to keep reminding us to call them truffles! i guess we all had our minds in the gutter, huh? lol!

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 18 Dec, 2008 10:15 PM Quote
lol that reminds me of a conversation i had with the receptionist here...you know that popcorn 'poppycock'

http://www.cocogreko.com/images/poppycock_large.jpg

well i was telling the receptionist that i like the nut cluster more than the popcorn itself and she replies "right you just like the cock"

LOL she hadn't really thought that sentence through but my mind needed to help landing in the gutter! hahaha

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 4:26 PM Quote
you guys have a dirty mind

Darran
Darran Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 4:34 PM Quote
Rubbiah, you'd love to taste some cock.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 5:59 PM Quote
Hahaha you're worse than me, all of you!

I have one too...kind of same calibre.. When I was at a swimminghouse I started to fight with somebody, who I thought was my friend, under water...It's a long story, but when I came up to the surface, I realized that I was embracing an old fat lady who's all red in her faced and started yelling at me, out of her breath : "GIVE UP, WILL YOU?!"

Anyway when I told the story to my friends I made everything a lot worse by saying: "I embraced her with all of my limbs"...
Don't know what I was thinking..

mili
mili Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 6:55 PM Quote
I saw some smallish kids on my way to home today. They spotted a huge star at the top window of a block of flats and started to sing "Twinkle, twinkle little star" (in Finnish, mind you). So sweet.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 7:02 PM Quote
Darran wrote:

Dirrrrrrrrrty

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 7:02 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Hahaha you're worse than me, all of you!

I have one too...kind of same calibre.. When I was at a swimminghouse I started to fight with somebody, who I thought was my friend, under water...It's a long story, but when I came up to the surface, I realized that I was embracing an old fat lady who's all read in her faced and started yelling at me, out of her breath : "GIVE UP, WILL YOU?!"

Anyway when I told the story to my friends I made everything a lot worse by saying: "I embraced her with all of my limbs"...
Don't know what I was thinking..

There is not a single sentence of your story that is not weird.

Darran
Darran Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 7:13 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Darran wrote:

Dirrrrrrrrrty

YAY!

I so knew you'd comment.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 7:19 PM Quote
Moray posted a pic of himself in a kilt on Facebook and I was joking around in the comments section.

I asked him what he kept in his bag (AKA the sporran). Kristy wrote "ha ha Scottish man purse"

So I wrote, "At least I didn't call it a Scottish fanny pack."

Literally the second I pressed send I remembered that fanny over here has a different meaning.

I was crying I was laughing so hard.

Darran
Darran Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 7:29 PM Quote
Booo to people telling people to comment.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 7:30 PM Quote
and we were talking on fb chat and at the same time. She sent "AHHH, i just remember what that was over there." at the same time i said "Anne, you realize what a fanny is over there, right?"

and then we cried laughing.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 7:30 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Moray posted a pic of himself in a kilt on Facebook and I was joking around in the comments section.

I asked him what he kept in his bag (AKA the sporran). Kristy wrote "ha ha Scottish man purse"

So I wrote, "At least I didn't call it a Scottish fanny pack."

Literally the second I pressed send I remembered that fanny over here has a different meaning.

I was crying I was laughing so hard.

What does it mean over there?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 7:32 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Booo to people telling people to comment.

Awww. I probably would have anyway but I just hadn't clicked this thread today for some reason.

And now you got the bonus story of me typing the words "Scottish fanny pack."

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:08 AM