Travis

FRIENDS - Acoustic Live Version :)
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Wed 17 Dec, 2008 11:53 PM Quote
Second post on this! - Can't stop watching this , its definately my favourite track of the album , despite some fierce competition!

I love the way they feel what they play - this is just majic .Does anyone know any detail on this? where?
when?
'

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QzeRl83QtIA

Re: FRIENDS - Acoustic Live Version :)
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 18 Dec, 2008 5:43 PM Quote
Some might disagree with me, but I think Friends and most of the tracks on Ode is a step forward.. Maybe they've done better songs before, but this is the sound of a more grown up Travis...

Nell
Nell Posted Thu 18 Dec, 2008 9:02 PM Quote

I think I would disagree....or not! I don't know I love Ode - but also love the "old" Travis - ...I don't want them to stick to any of it -

I love songs like Enemy, One night, Love will come through or Battleships...But I also love Chinese Blues or Long way down or J.Smith...it's just - different - or even not! Maybe that's it! For me both belong together - like a melody - consiting of lots of different notes...

Anyone get me?

I don't want to see it as a "step forward" because it'd mean that the other songs - I definitely fall for - are lying a step behind.

Ode is often compared to Good feeling and I do think that Ode's better than the GF-record. (because of the mix, the recording..)

But I wouldn't say Ode is better than TBWNN - or 12M etc.

I know every artist want's to change, wants to go forward...but I also love the old ones...And I think it'd be a waste if they'd given up their "old" style...

Ok..if you lost me now completely - I totally understand why :D...sorry :)

Tu sum up :
Well..I'd say -I disagree wiht you...:)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 18 Dec, 2008 9:18 PM Quote
Well I wasn't saying that Ode was better than earlier Travis stuff! In that case you got me totally wrong, because I like older Travis albums better than Ode...

But I think Ode shows a more grown up and complex Travis...
The Boy With No Name was more grown up than earlier albums too, in a deeper way...How shall I put it...Ode is more grown up musically and TBWNN is more grown up emotionally. And yeah all these sides are Travis.

healyramirez
healyramirez Posted Thu 18 Dec, 2008 10:00 PM Quote

great, amazing, classic, coffee.

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Thu 18 Dec, 2008 11:28 PM Quote
This video has posted some months ago, and is very good. Also i love Song to Self acoustic.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Thu 18 Dec, 2008 11:43 PM Quote
RaZzZ wrote:
This video has posted some months ago, and is very good. Also i love Song to Self acoustic.

Did they say where they recorded it ?

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 9:32 AM Quote
can't remember... but i think this was posted on myspace when the album came out.
but afterwards it sort of disappeared, so thanks for finding it again, it's amazing <3

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 2:09 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Well I wasn't saying that Ode was better than earlier Travis stuff! In that case you got me totally wrong, because I like older Travis albums better than Ode...

But I think Ode shows a more grown up and complex Travis...
The Boy With No Name was more grown up than earlier albums too, in a deeper way...How shall I put it...Ode is more grown up musically and TBWNN is more grown up emotionally. And yeah all these sides are Travis.

Ok...so now: I totally agree with you...finally :p

I see what you mean...kinda feel the same :) hehe..

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sat 20 Dec, 2008 2:03 AM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
Second post on this! - Can't stop watching this , its definately my favourite track of the album , despite some fierce competition!

I love the way they feel what they play - this is just majic .Does anyone know any detail on this? where?
when?

I absolutely agree with you. Friends is also on the top of my favourites tracks of Ode, lyrics are great, but what attracts me most about it is the sound, the melody of it is genius. They sound totally different from the "previous" Travis, but (at least for me) different is good, and Friends is very, very good :oD.
And that acoustic video is pretty amazing :o).

flosadone
flosadone Posted Sat 20 Dec, 2008 2:25 AM Quote
I love this song!!!! One of my favourites from Ode!

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Sat 20 Dec, 2008 5:07 AM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
RaZzZ wrote:

Did they say where they recorded it ?

No, i guess

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 4:44 AM