Travis

To all Brits
Peculiar
Peculiar Posted Wed 17 Dec, 2008 10:57 AM Quote
It's again time to try and keep X factor off christmas no 1. Last year it was Malcolm Middleton (who failed miserably I'm afraid) and this year it's Jeff Buckley's Halelujah simply because it is so much better than Alexandra's version. Just got a few copies on itunes.Here's the facebook group.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=66500765224&ref=mf

Re: To all Brits
Darran
Darran Posted Wed 17 Dec, 2008 11:08 AM Quote
Sadly it looks like The Berk has it in the bag no matter how many of Buckley's we buy.

Peculiar
Peculiar Posted Wed 17 Dec, 2008 11:12 AM Quote
Yup looks like it's gonna be a 1,2 situation though. Irony is that Buckley and I think Cohen's versions are also both released by Sony BMG so they're gonna be laughing all the way to the bank as usual anyway.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 17 Dec, 2008 11:28 AM Quote
as long it's not that stupid song from the One Show I don't care!

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 17 Dec, 2008 11:45 AM Quote
I think I'll buy John Cale's version. HAHA!

Joe
Joe Posted Wed 17 Dec, 2008 12:40 PM Quote
I think I'll just piss everyone off by winning the lottery and buy loads of copies of Vanilla Ice. That'll teach 'em what happens when you put fleeting cheap sentimentalism before the merits actually writing and performing decent music. Fuck 'em all.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 17 Dec, 2008 1:24 PM Quote
I wouldn't wanna deny Alexandra Burke the number one, I think she's got an incredible voice and you can see how much it means to her. And I don't like any version of the song anyway.

Joe
Joe Posted Wed 17 Dec, 2008 1:45 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
and you can see how much it means to her.

I'm sure that argument could go for most artists. It would mean a lot to me to. She's already won one of the most popular programmes in the U.K.. Let someone else have an extra special Xmas too.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 17 Dec, 2008 3:35 PM Quote
Unlike Leona Lewis's version of Run, I'm happy to give this cover air space. I've had a rethink about this song, and although I'm not into Cowell worship, I think Alexandra completely aced it on Saturday night. The X factor may be pap, as are most reality tv shows, but she deserves the success. I think that releasing the Buckley cover in protest is ungracious. Don't get me wrong. It's beautifully done by Buckley. But the whole thing should be kept in perspective. Alexandra just won a massive competition. Let her have her moment.

rebekah
rebekah Posted Wed 17 Dec, 2008 3:48 PM Quote
I cannot actually believe she is doing this song. It is outrageous.

Darran
Darran Posted Wed 17 Dec, 2008 3:49 PM Quote
She didn't have a choice, she is just another robot now.

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Thu 18 Dec, 2008 12:10 AM Quote
To be fair Bucklys version is a cover so it doesnt really gave much more credabillity. The Girl has a great voice and deserves it i guess.....just makes the whole christmas no1 race boring

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 18 Dec, 2008 12:38 AM Quote
Safe Side wrote:
To be fair Bucklys version is a cover so it doesnt really gave much more credabillity.

Hahaha be prepared to suffer the wrath that is the Moray/Nikki entity.

Dubz

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 4:53 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
as long it's not that stupid song from the One Show I don't care!

LMAO! I agree Sina! ;)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:29 AM