Travis

Re: New Song to Self vid- who is in?
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 06 Dec, 2008 9:41 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I could sing this pretty good in a lower key :P

I can sing it in Fran's key, but it's much more comfortable for me when I sing it higher :oP.

That's probably because you're a girl, I guess it's pretty high for Fran too ;)

Well my voice has gotten a bit lower with age and I also have been smoking too much :P I still could sing it in Frans key, but it's a bit uncomfortable and I have to use the falsetto at some points and this song sounds better with a little more rocky voice I think ;)
I'm working with my voice right now, trying to nail the higher notes again and I think my voice is on it's way back, thank GOD! ;)
Enough about my voice, it's not gonna be in the video anyway :D haha shut up Alex!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 06 Dec, 2008 10:04 PM Quote
Is it necessary to sing? I didn't think of that.
I'd feel stupid miming... Maybe I'll sing and then Ana can edit it and put the original song on top of it so my voice can't be heard... Anyway Fran and I have the same voice, you can hardly notice the difference :oP.

Lol, I wonder whether Fran would agree? :P

Just a thought - the video will be used with the recorded audio so make sure you sing/mime in time to the music.

Btw, I thought about doing it but realised that without anyway of recording myself it's a bit pointless. I did like my idea of a black room with just one light casting shadows on my face (metaphorical meanings too!) but I'm not sure where one of those would appear from either...

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 06 Dec, 2008 10:11 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Is it necessary to sing? I didn't think of that.
I'd feel stupid miming... Maybe I'll sing and then Ana can edit it and put the original song on top of it so my voice can't be heard... Anyway Fran and I have the same voice, you can hardly notice the difference :oP.

Lol, I wonder whether Fran would agree? :P

Oh, he'd surely agree! I'm just a woman with a high pitched singing voice, a horrible English accent and not much vocal training... the same thing, really :oP

Isn't there anyway you can get a camera, James?

Intergalactic91
Intergalactic91 Posted Sun 07 Dec, 2008 12:17 AM Quote
This is such a great idea :)
Struggling for ideas though!!

Help!! :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 07 Dec, 2008 1:25 AM Quote
I just came up with a new idea! Working on the logistics (and overcome the feeling like a tool). Sadly, doesnt involve any hippos or milkbags, but maybe I can sneak something in there Where's (Moray) Waldo/Wally style.

singme0430
singme0430 Posted Sun 07 Dec, 2008 4:27 AM Quote
What a cool idea! :) I would love to see everyone's videos. Ummmmm, I don't know whether to participate or not... I'm just too shy. :P

daytimeoyster
daytimeoyster Posted Sun 07 Dec, 2008 7:28 AM Quote
this is what i always do and i'm definitely in!

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Sun 07 Dec, 2008 8:07 AM Quote
Does anybody uploaded some video at youtube?

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Sun 07 Dec, 2008 8:48 AM Quote
might be goin for it!still trying to regain all the inspirations i can get=))

and to those who are in it as well GOOD LUCK=DDD

leticia
leticia Posted Sun 07 Dec, 2008 2:22 PM Quote
RaZzZ wrote:
Does anybody uploaded some video at youtube?

Yeap!!! There are 2!
Flor's and mine version would be pretty improvised, I don't know anybody who could edit it. It'll probably be one sequence and filmed in my room : P

elodie
elodie Posted Sun 07 Dec, 2008 8:29 PM Quote
I think I'll try. But it will be horrible, I promise. ;)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 07 Dec, 2008 9:37 PM Quote
erg. tried to do one today. there is no way to avoid feeling/looking like a tool.
And at one point I thought my camera was going and it wasnt and I missed the best part! BOOOO
edit: I just watched about 20 minutes of footage, and there are 15 seconds that I like. Thats it. Curses.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 08 Dec, 2008 7:33 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
erg. tried to do one today. there is no way to avoid feeling/looking like a tool.
And at one point I thought my camera was going and it wasnt and I missed the best part! BOOOO
edit: I just watched about 20 minutes of footage, and there are 15 seconds that I like. Thats it. Curses.

We had a meeting today to shoot it. We were 10 boardies haha. Ana has to edit it now...
I did feel stupid and I think it'll show lol. But it was a lot of fun, even if the video doesn't turn up well.
We even got to meet Santa, who sang a line with us xD.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 08 Dec, 2008 7:40 PM Quote
SANTA! He should make it in for sure.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 08 Dec, 2008 7:43 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

We had a meeting today to shoot it. We were 10 boardies haha. Ana has to edit it now...
I did feel stupid and I think it'll show lol. But it was a lot of fun, even if the video doesn't turn up well.
We even got to meet Santa, who sang a line with us xD.

You guys had Santa sing a line from Song To Self??? HA! That is awesome!! :D Can't wait to see it!

It's so cool that so many of you live near each other and can get together all the time like that! :)

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:28 PM