Travis

Wanna know what Travis recently listen to? Check it out!
owenlee
owenlee Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 11:21 AM Quote
Just opened itunes US store alternative style page, and found this! yah!
http://www.box.net/shared/static/jbza04kc6l.png
click here for details!
btw, Suede video "Beautiful Ones" for free. lol.

Re: Wanna know what Travis recently listen to? Check it out!
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 11:31 AM Quote
I can't get the link to work :(

mili
mili Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 11:37 AM Quote
Nice stuff.
There is a light… is one of my all time favorite Smiths songs and I used to love Lloyd Cole :^)

mili
mili Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 12:48 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:

In my computer it opens iTunes, says I'm in the wrong shop and would I like to go to the US shop, which I did (can't buy anything there, but it lets me see the stuff). Then it showed the page.

wdiarom
wdiarom Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 12:55 PM Quote
"Us and them" and "there is a light..."! (...prince ;D ) nice playlist,
(and some artists to discover) thanks :)

owenlee
owenlee Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 1:14 PM Quote
wdiarom wrote:

I luv "Us and them" too. :P

wdiarom
wdiarom Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 1:56 PM Quote
owenlee wrote:
wdiarom wrote:

I luv "Us and them" too. :P

yes! great piece!!!!!

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 2:44 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:

me neither.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 3:49 PM Quote
If the link isn't working for you I think you just have to get to the American iTunes store page some other way and you can find it that way.

Thanks for posting. Great songs and appreciated the sharing of the reasons those songs were chosen.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 4:32 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
If the link isn't working for you I think you just have to get to the American iTunes store page some other way and you can find it that way.

Thanks for posting. Great songs and appreciated the sharing of the reasons those songs were chosen.

Thanks for the hint, i can only seem to get the UK page though :(
Darn, i'm all curious now! Haha

OHMEATPIES
OHMEATPIES Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 11:17 PM Quote
Nothing on the canadian iTunes :(

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Thu 27 Nov, 2008 10:00 AM Quote
owenlee wrote:
Just opened itunes US store alternative style page, and found this! yah!
http://www.box.net/shared/static/jbza04kc6l.png
click here for details!

Can someone in the US make a list of the songs on their playlist please for those of us that can't access US iTunes?

Cheers!

TK23
TK23 Posted Thu 27 Nov, 2008 10:09 AM Quote
1) Frederic Chopin: Nocturne in B flat - Mieczyslaw Horszowski - "Buy some Chopin."

2) The State I Am In - Belle & Sebastian - "I saw their first show at the Glasgow School Of Art. I knew Stuart. He was best friends with my best friend's sister and we would often see each other round at their house. I was just starting in my band at the time. I remember he was writing for some magazine and slated us in a live review... I thought 'arsehole' and so when I saw them setting up to play I thought we were about to see a live car crash. They opened with this song. It was sublime. After the show I said to Stuart I'd thought it was going to be awful but instead it was incredible. To this day I don't think I saw a better show. Arrrrsehole! :)"

3) I Left My Wallet In El Segundo - A Tribe Called Quest - "Q-Tip is a legend."

4) Trigger Cut/Wounded Kite at :17 - Pavement - "When I hear this I think of Dougie's parents house and us running about in my bashed up old mini. Pavement were never off the stereo at art school."

5) Black Like Me - Spoon - "My favourite song from the best record of last year from one of the best bands in the world."

6) Atlas - Beatles - "Anything that can give me seven minutes of the Glitter beat is truly a great thing. This is a brilliant piece of music that is simultaneously funny and a bit frightening."

7) Gary's Song (live) - Mark Eitzel - "I recently re-discovered the Songs of Love live album. I saw them live a few times and Mark Eitzel is not only a great songwriter but unbelievable on stage."

8) Lost Weekend - Lloyd Cole - "With the current crop of '80's revivalists I thought I'd go back to the original records. This is proof that the eighties were not all squelchy synths and neon socks (take note revivalists). Just brilliant songwriting.

9) Fantastic Voyage - David Bowie - "My love of Bowie is well documented and has been ongoing for 30 years. This is a little gem. Operatic vocal and captivating music from the massively underrated Lodger album."

10) Your Love Is The Place Where I Come From - Teenage Fanclub - "The first dance at my wedding. Romantic, beautiful, and totally believable. The Fannies are the f**king kings."

11) Pop Life - Prince - "Put this on and try and stay still. I dare you."

12) Bring It On Home to Me - Sam Cooke - "From the Live at the Harlem Square Club album. The greatest singer ever captured in his prime. You can hear the generosity of spirit of the man on every note."

13) Party Fears Two - Associates - "One of those rare songs that feels the same as it felt the first time you heard it every time you hear it. Takes me back to being eight years old and having my mind blown."

14) There Is a Light That Never Goes Out - The Smiths - "In the gutter but looking at the stars."

15) Isolation - John Lennon - "From one of the best albums ever made. A beautiful song with terrible shredded emotion at its heart. A steel fist in a velvet glove."

16) Us and Them (live) - Pink Floyd - "Impossibly moving piece of music. R.I.P. Rick Wright."

--

(Oy, I can't believe I just typed that all out! It was impossible to copy & paste from the iTunes store and I was determined to get it on here. : P Apologies for possible typos.)

owenlee
owenlee Posted Thu 27 Nov, 2008 10:52 AM Quote
Thank you TK23! :P

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Thu 27 Nov, 2008 11:01 AM Quote
TK23 you are a legend, thanks! :)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:53 AM