Travis

Re: Battling with depression
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Mon 01 Dec, 2008 3:04 PM Quote
i think the reply abs has just given proves my point :)

Maybe putting "iam feeling a bit down " wouldnt have got the attention she was seeking.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Mon 01 Dec, 2008 3:10 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:

Maybe putting "iam feeling a bit down " wouldnt have got the attention she was seeking.

Which means that you imply that Abs was seeking attention by overusing the term depression and therefore shows that you were judgemental...at least to me, but I could be wrong since I don't know what's going on in your mind.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 3:03 PM Quote
sorry angel wrote:

Which means that you imply that Abs was seeking attention by overusing the term depression and therefore shows that you were judgemental...at least to me, but I could be wrong since I don't know what's going on in your mind.

Do you actually think there's something going on up there ? LOL

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 4:03 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
sorry angel wrote:

Up there no.
In there yes : lies and denial.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 4:24 PM Quote
sorry angel wrote:
AbsGinger wrote:
sorry angel wrote:

Up there no.

lol

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 4:28 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
sorry angel wrote:
AbsGinger wrote:
sorry angel wrote:

Up there no.

lol

Really LOL?
Maybe you should edit the subect title of your thread...;-)

Seriously, very good fun yesterday and today, the best med to me unless it's my medication working too well...but the only conclusion to all that is that depresion is serious but can actually end?

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 8:47 PM Quote
sorry angel wrote:

Really LOL?

Seriously, very good fun yesterday and today, the best med to me unless it's my medication working too well...but the only conclusion to all that is that depresion is serious but can actually end?

Actually I object to being drawn in to a fairly serious topic thread like this and then it being turned in to 'fun' . Between the two of you , you have managed to make a mockery out of depression, in the two threads .

Poor.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 11:55 PM Quote

So it's ok to attack anything else as long as it's not depression ???

Get off your moral high ground !! What Gladly and Sophie have done is make light of a serious issue they have not made a mockery of it and if one depressed person has smiled at the postings then their work is done of course if you want to take it as a personal slur on you or yours then that is entiely your perogative.

Dubz

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 7:21 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Get off your moral high ground !! What Gladly and Sophie have done is make light of a serious issue they have not made a mockery of it and if one depressed person has smiled at the postings then their work is done of course if you want to take it as a personal slur on you or yours then that is entiely your perogative.

Dubz

What a load of utter crap. You miss the point entirely.You also miss Gladlys original point on the labelling of this thread.

I do not take it personally . I just dont think inviting 'people' to talk about depression and then turning it in to a circus is appropriate.

As for the 'work' being done - Mockery work is not amusing on this subject matter to anyone who is truly suffering IMO. The thread was posing as a serious one for those who were brave enough to post in it .

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 8:35 AM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
sorry angel wrote:

Really LOL?

FUCK YOU

Actually I object to being drawn in to a fairly serious topic thread like this and then it being turned in to 'fun' . Between the two of you , you have managed to make a mockery out of depression, in the two threads .

Poor.

I actually meant : FUCK YOU

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 8:42 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

I DO CONCUR and I'm touched you could see through it so well. Fancy a cup of coffee? A pint? Come around any time amigo.
As for the work done : indeedy, on myself at least. This has been the first good laugh I had in a fucking long time, helping me putting all those thoughts in perspective...I mean those of ropes, ending it or hanging of a oak branch...that's for my friend Pascal who went in May. So thanks humour. As the great Desproges said : one can laugh about anything...just not with anybody.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 9:40 AM Quote
To anyone wondering why I am so rude : I have talked very openly about depression on this thread, it is a very serious matter and if you have read my posts and know me it is unarguable that what I have shared about it in here is fucking serious and honest.

Some perfered to be patronising, judgmental about it and that's fine by me, I disagree with it, but anybody's opinion is fine by me and really should be fine to anybody who is really interested in communicating and understanding other human beings. My opinion and posts are as valid as anybody else in here, just like in life.

Over the years as a boardie I have met a lot of different opinions and boardies, friends and support, debate and humour.

I have also learnt that there is a point when there is nothing else to say than fuck off when no communication is possible and the only thing said in reply to my or other opinions is more and more judgments and patronising. This is not how I wish to speak but it is necessary I'm afraid.

Darran
Darran Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 10:56 AM Quote
sorry angel wrote:
To anyone wondering why I am so rude

Surely it's just the French trait.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 11:09 AM Quote
Darran wrote:
sorry angel wrote:
To anyone wondering why I am so rude

Surely it's just the French trait.

innit!

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 11:17 AM Quote
It seems to me, and I've followed this thread from the start, that things are getting a little out of hand now, and maybe the thread should be allowed to fade.

That is not to undermine the problems faced by depression sufferers. Far from it. I did say from the start that it worried me that more harm than good could potentially come from discussing such a sensitive subject through this medium, and I stand by it.

I do hope that those who are experiencing, or have experienced, depression have taken something positive from the thread, whether it's from knowing you're not the only ones, or from the positive feedback of the people who have offered supportive comments.

However, it looks like it's getting a bit nasty. Maybe all the good has been wrung from the boardies on this topic, and it may be of more real benefit to continue related conversations via pms. I'd hate to think of anybody who is feeling vulnerable getting hurt here.

Just a suggestion.....

Pages Previous 1...5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:59 PM