Travis

Song To Self
Travis Web Team
Travis Web Team Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 9:41 AM Quote
Travis will kick off the new year with the release of the second single from their critically acclaimed album Ode To J. Smith.

Song To Self will be released on the 5th of January 2009.

Tracklisting and forumat details coming soon.

Re: Song To Self
gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 9:48 AM Quote
Thanks for the info!

It's going to be a Happy New Year!

akanksha
akanksha Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 9:56 AM Quote
Squeee! That's great. Can't wait for next year! I am so going to get that single.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 12:07 PM Quote
bahhh us 'continental' peeps had it as a single already !

guess we are getting Something Anything .. ??

owenlee
owenlee Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 1:10 PM Quote
iTunes US store has already put on Song 2 Self video!
lol.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 2:08 PM Quote
This will coincide perfectly with Travis' inevitable appearence on Jool Holland's Hootenanny. :P

*Must be in an unusually optimistic mood*

owenlee
owenlee Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 2:14 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
This will coincide perfectly with Travis' inevitable appearence on Jool Holland's Hootenanny. :P

*Must be in an unusually optimistic mood*

lol.
Too optimistic. I think they won't be on the list of Jools Hootenanny, despite our efforts writing Jools emails. :(

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 3:15 PM Quote
Woah, bit later than expected but nice to have a date! :) Can't wait for the b-sides! :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 3:23 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Woah, bit later than expected but nice to have a date! :) Can't wait for the b-sides! :)

Yeah I thought it would be released before new year, but hey better late then never ;)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 3:30 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Yeah I thought it would be released before new year, but hey better late then never ;)

Yep. :) We know 2 of the b sides. I wonder what the 3rd will be. Woooo! :) Cover maybe? Middle 8 version of Song To Self?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 3:32 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Yep. :) We know 2 of the b sides. I wonder what the 3rd will be. Woooo! :) Cover maybe? Middle 8 version of Song To Self?

Hmm Middle 8 version would be boring, I'm hoping for a I kissed a girl recording ;)

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 3:43 PM Quote
I think there has to be a new video for it in order to increase the chances of a high chart success.This video..i don't know..i like it but it's not "outstanding"

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 9:17 PM Quote
later than expected, for sure. Please, please PLEEEAAAASSSEEEE use the time to PROMOTE.ITS.ARSE. It's one of the great Travis singles, and really deserved to have that reflected in an improved chart position.

If this is done right, it could propel the album back into the charts too.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 9:26 PM Quote
If done right it could push Ode into the top 10. I mean, nobody's got it yet! lol Unfortunately I don't think it'll chart top 40, because I don't think they'll promote it enough.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 10:09 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
If done right it could push Ode into the top 10. I mean, nobody's got it yet! lol Unfortunately I don't think it'll chart top 40, because I don't think they'll promote it enough.

But how much promotion is the ever-sought-after 'enough'? They dont want to pour thousands of pounds into prime-time TV adverts given that they're not too keen on being well-known anyway. I saw an interview that Fran did and you could see how chuffed he was that J. Smith was number 1 in the indie charts so it must be a bit disappointing for them to see the non-event that is Ode's chart position. I think it's important for us to spread the word to potential fans and gradually infect the population. Only in a good way :D

Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:58 PM