Travis

Travis Tape demo?
welsh_monkey
welsh_monkey Posted Sun 23 Nov, 2008 6:56 PM Quote
Hi i have found this tape on the net and it looks very much like the early promos around the time of the first album, and possibly earlier, the guy says he got it when he was promoting club nights in around london in the early 90s but he cannot confirm the tracks as he doesnt no so much about the band, but does say there are 4 trackson the tape, does anybody know anything about this tape? i did read on another forum that some promo tapes were sent out to uni s around this time to promote the band before they were signed, any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Heres the link
http://www.gumtree.com/london/84/30727984.html

Re: Travis Tape demo?
gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 9:20 AM Quote
welsh_monkey wrote:
Hi i have found this tape on the net and it looks very much like the early promos around the time of the first album, and possibly earlier, the guy says he got it when he was promoting club nights in around london in the early 90s but he cannot confirm the tracks as he doesnt no so much about the band, but does say there are 4 trackson the tape, does anybody know anything about this tape? i did read on another forum that some promo tapes were sent out to uni s around this time to promote the band before they were signed, any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Heres the link
http://www.gumtree.com/london/84/30727984.html

Quote:
From the gumtree website:- I WAS GIVEN THIS BY THE BAND BEFORE THEY WERE SIGNED AS THEY WANTED TO PLAY A GIG IN A VENUE I WAS PROMOTING (CLUB KITTEN!) IT IS PROBABLY ONE OF A KIND AND A REAL COLLECTORS ITEM NO TIME WASTERS PLEASE I HAD TO RE-LIST THIS ITEM! PLEASE EMAIL ME ANY QUESTIONS. I know very little about the band there are 4 songs on it possibly some that were never released (if you wish to find out email me and i'll call you and play them down the phone), but it is brilliant quality for a demo! The item is advertised at ebay so feel free to bid for it!

http://www.gumtree.com/posting_images/84/30727984__1225989802__1__1-33ed0783a2fd6d9b17009f10f2d42d27.__big__.jpg
Can anyone find this listed on ebay like it says in the link please?

It sounds a different cassette to this one, as the one we knew about before had 3 tracks and this 'new' one has 4 tracks.
What would the other track have been?

1. Get It On
2. Green Behind The Ears
3. Safe (a different version to the album one)
4. ????? (The Humpty Dumpty Love Song or Turn maybe?)

Any guesses?

welsh_monkey
welsh_monkey Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 11:18 AM Quote
Does anybody know if this tape looks like the other demos, as it looks identical to the debut album promos, but cant really find any info about the tapes anywhere else, how does that 3 track demo tape look like?

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 8:37 PM Quote
gladsadmad wrote:
Can anyone find this listed on ebay like it says in the link please?

It was here, but the auction ended early with no reason given.

welsh_monkey
welsh_monkey Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 7:04 AM Quote
The auction ended as i bought it off the bloke

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 9:16 AM Quote
welsh_monkey wrote:

Well done, congratulations!

Please tell us the tracks that are on the cassette when you receive it.
I'm glad that it's gone to a proper Travis fan.

welsh_monkey
welsh_monkey Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 12:12 PM Quote
Will do have to find a tape player first, just realise our one is broke!

welsh_monkey
welsh_monkey Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 1:24 PM Quote
if this is a early demo would anyone hazard a guess to what it could be worth? so i dont leave it lying around the place, and if so could there be any confirmation from the bands management who could confirm it originality? that is if it is real, thank you

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 3:34 PM Quote
gladsadmad wrote:
welsh_monkey wrote:

Well done, congratulations!

Please tell us the tracks that are on the cassette when you receive it.
I'm glad that it's gone to a proper Travis fan.

Yeah and you need to convert the tracks into mp3-format and send them to us ;)

welsh_monkey
welsh_monkey Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 8:23 AM Quote
What would be the easiest way of doing the track off the tape to mp3?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 11:16 AM Quote
welsh_monkey wrote:
What would be the easiest way of doing the track off the tape to mp3?

Hmm I'm no guru at these kind of things, but I guess there's equipment for this... The easiest way would be to play the tape on a stereo and record it on the computer with a mic, but then the sound quality would be pretty bad. :P

jambut
jambut Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 5:02 PM Quote
get a cable with two of the headphone style adapters. Plug one into the headphone slot on the tape player and the other end into the input or the mic insert on your laptop/pc and just record as if you'd plugged in a microphone.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 6:04 PM Quote
jambut wrote:
get a cable with two of the headphone style adapters. Plug one into the headphone slot on the tape player and the other end into the input or the mic insert on your laptop/pc and just record as if you'd plugged in a microphone.

Oh didn't know that, could be useful information in the future! =)

paulo
paulo Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 6:09 PM Quote
You can download audacity(free)and take a line out from the headphone socket on your tape deck/amp and into the line in/mic socket on your computer.Audacity records the audio and saves it to your hardrive.You can then convert it to wav or mp3.

welsh_monkey
welsh_monkey Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 7:31 PM Quote
Thats cool ill give it a go 2mo hopefully when the tape arrives, i hope its something special!!!

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:58 PM