Travis

Travis on TV in Germany / Rockpalast!!!
silvella
silvella Posted Fri 14 Nov, 2008 6:12 PM Quote
Hi!!

Got the newsletter of the magazine "Visions" today with great news:

Anlässlich des 50. Geburtstags veranstaltet der WDR Rockpalast mitten im Ruhrgebiet ein Jubiläumsfestival. Für den 22. November haben sich Travis, Ben Folds, Donavon Frankenreiter, Fleet Foxes, Glasvegas und The Rascals angekündigt. Der Einlass ist ab 16.30 Uhr, die Running-Order des Abends sieht so aus:

23.10 Uhr - Travis
21.50 Uhr - Ben Folds
20.30 Uhr - Donovan Frankenreiter
19.10 Uhr - Fleet Foxes
18.15 Uhr - Glasvegas
17.30 Uhr - The Rascals

Die Tickets für diesen Abend findet ihr in unserem VISIONS Ticketshop, der Preisrahmen beläuft sich auf circa 35 Euro. Wir sind ebenfalls mit einem VISIONS-Stand vor Ort vertreten, an dem wir euch herzlich willkommen heißen. Auf der Homepage des Veranstalters Noise Now findet ihr dies alles in gebündelter Form nebst MySpace-Links zu allen auftretenden Bands.
Wer am Samstag nicht vor Ort sein kann, dem wird dank der WDR-Rockpalast-Aufzeichnung an folgenden Tagen das Happening auf den Schirm gezaubert:

06. auf 07.12.2008
00.25 - 03.25 Uhr
Rockpalast Festival
mit Travis, Donovan Frankenreiter, Glasvegas und The Rascals

07. auf 08.12.2008
00.45 - 02.45 Uhr
Rockpalast Festival
mit Ben Folds und Fleet Foxes

MEANS IN ENGLISH (referring just Travis):

It's the Grugahall's 50th birthday, and these guests are on stage:

23.10 p.m. - Travis
21.50 p.m. - Ben Folds
20.30 p.m. - Donovan Frankenreiter
19.10 p.m. - Fleet Foxes
18.15 p.m. - Glasvegas
17.30 p.m. - The Rascals

For those who can't be there (like me), the evening will be recorded and shown on TV, channel "WDR" (a regional channel) at this time:

the night from 6. to 7. December 2008
00.25 - 03.25 a.m. CET
Rockpalast Festival
with Travis, Donovan Frankenreiter, Glasvegas and The Rascals

Unfortunatly, I can't record from TV, maybe somebody could and put in on youtube or wherever?? Would be great!!! But: I will be glued to the telly!!!!

Oh, I was lurking to the Rockpalast site, and they have loads of concert films online!!! So keep fingers crossed that they'll do the same with the Travis gig!

Bye.

Re: Travis on TV in Germany / Rockpalast!!!
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 14 Nov, 2008 6:24 PM Quote
Great! Hopefully someone can record this and upload. :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 14 Nov, 2008 6:25 PM Quote
As long as this doesnt end up like that other German online concert that we all watched...with Vincent and the Jenniffers.

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Fri 14 Nov, 2008 6:28 PM Quote
The Rascals, Glasvegas, fleets foxes, Travis... sounds great.

lilly
lilly Posted Fri 14 Nov, 2008 6:36 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
As long as this doesnt end up like that other German online concert that we all watched...with Vincent and the Jenniffers.

you can't possibly compare Fleet Foxes and Ben Folds with VINCENT and JENNIFER HORRIBLE. tz.

BUT WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE THE RUHRGEBIET??!!
*sniff*
Munich is soooo charming, as are Munich's inhabitants ;D...

silvella
silvella Posted Fri 14 Nov, 2008 6:41 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Yes, I have the same fear. But don't get me wrong: As I understand this, it's NOT an online live concert!! If they put it online, then after the concert!!

But... sorry, I change into german because of the recording:

Hi Boardies,

bitte, wenn Jemand einen CD-Brenner oder Festplattenreceiver oder sowas hat, büdde büdde aufnehmen und online stellen!!! Wir sind doch für jeden Schnipsel Travis dankbar, gell?

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Fri 14 Nov, 2008 6:51 PM Quote
Ach so, sehr gut!
Alles gute n_n

gonnerke
gonnerke Posted Sat 06 Dec, 2008 12:15 AM Quote
Hey guys, I can record it on dvd if you are still interested. I live in Belgium so no problem to receive this channel.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 06 Dec, 2008 9:43 AM Quote
gonnerke wrote:
Hey guys, I can record it on dvd if you are still interested. I live in Belgium so no problem to receive this channel.

Of course we're interested :) Do it! ;)

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Sat 06 Dec, 2008 10:21 AM Quote
very much looking forward to it, but i hope i don't have to wait until 2 am or sth. please show travis first!! ^^

paulo
paulo Posted Sat 06 Dec, 2008 2:04 PM Quote
If someone could record it that would be brilliant.I would send them a few blank dvd's for a copy?

gonnerke
gonnerke Posted Sat 06 Dec, 2008 2:39 PM Quote
Ok, no problem I'll record it. The only problem is that I don't know anything about editing a dvd. So I'll set the timer early enough but that means that a part of the previous programme will be on the dvd first and after five or ten minuten you will see Travis. Let's hope this isn't a big mather.

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Sat 06 Dec, 2008 3:49 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

lol it won't...
someone i know was there and he said both the line-up and the crowd were great ;)

plus, i couldn't take another embarrassment like that, heh.

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 06 Dec, 2008 7:27 PM Quote

Hi I'd be very interested in a DVD of this concert too.

CableCom cut WDR out of the program, so I don't get it anymore :(....

I'd be sooooo happy if someone could record it ...and put it online somehow...

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 06 Dec, 2008 7:39 PM Quote
Just called up a friend who has such a digital-reveiver-box with a dvd/vhs recorder.

So he said that if he makes it home tonight...(he's out somewhere...think even out of Switzerland...) but if he can make it home - and he really hopes he does make it home :) ) - he tries to record it.

If that's really working (lots of ifs tonight) and he makes me a Dvd i try to rip it and make a torrent-file out of it - ....so you can download it) but i'd be really greatfull if someone else does it too - just in case wolfi 's - my friend - not gonna make it tonight...

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:48 AM