Travis

travel & work
bara
bara Posted Thu 13 Nov, 2008 2:47 PM Quote
has someone got experiences and can tell me about it?

i think of doing some travel and work. would love to. need every tip i can get

Re: travel & work
Darran
Darran Posted Thu 13 Nov, 2008 2:50 PM Quote
Become a pilot.

mili
mili Posted Thu 13 Nov, 2008 2:53 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Become a pilot.

Or an air-hostess…

It's pretty common to have working holidays in Australia, there's obviously some basic jobs to do and earn a few coins available there.

bara
bara Posted Thu 13 Nov, 2008 2:55 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Darran wrote:
Become a pilot.

Or an air-hostess…

It's pretty common to have working holidays in Australia, there's obviously some basic jobs to do and earn a few coins available there.

a friend of mine is. maybe she can take me somewhere...

but i meant is someone done stuff like that yet. tell me with which organistaion and is that was a good decision...

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Thu 13 Nov, 2008 5:50 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Become a pilot.

No don't! My brother's doing that and it costs loads of money. And you can't go flying when it's cloudy (which it AlWAYS is here).

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Thu 13 Nov, 2008 5:51 PM Quote
bara wrote:
mili wrote:
Darran wrote:
Become a pilot.

Or an air-hostess…

but i meant is someone done stuff like that yet. tell me with which organistaion and is that was a good decision...

I've done it..it was a "volunteer work" tho.Ironically enough bara,it was in Berlin :) We,a group of people all over the world worked in "Gesundbrunnen" for maintenance of graveyards of WW2 victims.It was an organization called IJGD (Die Internationalen Jugendgemeinschaftsdienste).I definitely RECOMMEND it to you and to whom it may concern. It was one of the most exciting time period of my life.Please check their website from here to see if there's an eligible project for you(not necessarily in Germany)

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 13 Nov, 2008 6:25 PM Quote
I know two people who tried doing it in Australia, they paid a lot to an organisation (one of them was "travelworks", I thiiiink) and flew there and did this CV-training the agency was offering, but then: they couldn't find a job. At least no one would take them on for only a few weeks (cause they wanted to travel), and I know one of them stayed in Brisbane in the end because he'd found a job and friends there.

If you want to do it with "paid jobs" in Europe, I wouldn't go to an organisation (they charge far too much money!), for Australia it's probably better to get professional help ;)

But if you want to volunteer, I'd try the "IJGD" (German organisation).

bara
bara Posted Thu 13 Nov, 2008 8:21 PM Quote
travisturkey wrote:
bara wrote:
mili wrote:
Darran wrote:
Become a pilot.

Or an air-hostess…

I've done it..it was a "volunteer work" tho.Ironically enough bara,it was in Berlin :) We,a group of people all over the world worked in "Gesundbrunnen" for maintenance of graveyards of WW2 victims.It was an organization called IJGD (Die Internationalen Jugendgemeinschaftsdienste).I definitely RECOMMEND it to you and to whom it may concern. It was one of the most exciting time period of my life.Please check their website from here to see if there's an eligible project for you(not necessarily in Germany)

dear. dont tell me you dont remember me? maaan!
haha fun

well.. thanks nevertheless :P

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:12 AM