Travis

Re: The Killers - Human
Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 12 Nov, 2008 10:48 AM Quote
I love it ! and no buts :-P

Peculiar
Peculiar Posted Wed 12 Nov, 2008 10:54 AM Quote
I like the Killers and I do quite like the tune but I don't think it's their best.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 12 Nov, 2008 1:01 PM Quote
elfy wrote:
Nikki wrote:
I like The Killers. They're a good band. I like all their singles. However, the "I got soul but I'm not a soldier" part of that one song REALLY bugs me, lol.

You could try changing it to, "I've got ham but I'm not a hamster" or, "I've got toast but I'm not a toaster". See if that helps.

And the new one sounds like the fucking Pet Shop Boys. When did the Killers become some kind of Europop act?!

LOL! Thanks Elfy! I'll try that next time it's on the radio! :)

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Wed 12 Nov, 2008 2:51 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I like The Killers. They're a good band. I like all their singles. However, the "I got soul but I'm not a soldier" part of that one song REALLY bugs me, lol. I just don't like it for some reason! And while I think "Human" is a nice tune, the lyrics kill it for me. "Are we human or are we dancer" ??? WTF does that mean? I've actually looked it up online and Flowers said the lyrics were "inspired by a disparaging comment made by Hunter S. Thompson about how America was raising a generation of dancers." I still think it's a dumb lyric. Sorry, lol.

My favorite Killers song: Can You Read My Mind

Completely agree, Nikki. Read my mind is f***ing great, and the video too.

elfy wrote:
You could try changing it to, "I've got ham but I'm not a hamster" or, "I've got toast but I'm not a toaster". See if that helps.

And the new one sounds like the fucking Pet Shop Boys. When did the Killers become some kind of Europop act?!

LOL!!

Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 12 Nov, 2008 3:02 PM Quote
I just like the voice , he could sing Jack and Jill went up a hill.... I don't care ! :-D

Robyn
Robyn Posted Wed 12 Nov, 2008 10:07 PM Quote
I feel like i've waited for this song for like aaaages, and i was so disappointed when i heard it! It's like they've lost their old killers vibe. It's hard to believe it's the same band who brought us when you were young, read my mind, and for reasons unknown. The video's good though, i'll admit. But it just seems lately bands are trying something new and it's been a complete fail. Same happened with Snow Patrol and take back the city. Wasn't impressed at first, but it's grown on me since. Hope human grows on me too - otherwise, get back your vibe killers, and fast!

TK23
TK23 Posted Wed 12 Nov, 2008 10:16 PM Quote

TK23
TK23 Posted Wed 12 Nov, 2008 10:18 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
Am I going crazy, or is this song like the best thing since sliced cheese?! I just can't get enough of it right now. It's amazing! When the drums kick in around 1.03 WOW!

I AGREE WITH YOU COMPLETELY. They just get better and better.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 12 Nov, 2008 10:20 PM Quote
Moray,

You are NOT crazy it is a wicked tune and those who don't like it can go screw! lol I LOVE The Killers sooooo much :) I mean like second to Travis...well maybe joint place?!?! So anyway like Sina says....his voice *sighs* soooo good!

And I LOVE "I got soul but I'm not a soldier" that used to be my little signature on here before they got rid of them with the move to the new board :'(

Isa_travis
Isa_travis Posted Wed 12 Nov, 2008 10:55 PM Quote
I'm not fan of the killers but I do like their songs. I find their new single quite interesting!
My favourite song is also Read my mind :) besides, I loved this song's Music video *0*

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 12 Nov, 2008 11:12 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
Am I going crazy, or is this song like the best thing since sliced cheese?! I just can't get enough of it right now. It's amazing! When the drums kick in around 1.03 WOW!

Yeah, song addiction! *high five*

I do that (love a song hugely for a while then get bored of it), and I like Human's vibe but I don't think it's great. The last song that I loved massively for no reason whatsoever was Shine On by The Kooks.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 13 Nov, 2008 4:11 PM Quote
If they did indeed "borrow" it from Hunter S Thompson then there is no way on this earth it's gonna make any sense at all, The man was constantly wired.

Dubz

Edit - You're all wrong best Killers track... Andy You're a Star or Believe Me Natalie

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Thu 13 Nov, 2008 4:21 PM Quote
Quite clearly going for the gay disco market.

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 13 Nov, 2008 5:06 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Quite clearly going for the gay disco market.

apparently i'm right slap bang in the middle of this demographic then!!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 13 Nov, 2008 11:08 PM Quote
What like... Mika or The Scissor Sisters ???

Dubz

*Edit* I've actually just heard it. I now know what Gladly and Elfy are talking about, It's fucking shite and does stink of Pet Shop Boys/Europop/trash. At least their other stuff has a bit of an edge to it, This is just well... Shite!!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:10 PM