Travis

Ghosts
DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Fri 07 Nov, 2008 7:23 PM Quote
Anyone ever had any ghostly experiences? If so, you know the drill - tell us about it and prepare for my wrath - kidding!!

I'm not sure - as of my own opinion, in general I'd be more LIKELY to believe in ghosts than in, say, god or unicorns.

I've had the odd spooky experience - most recently, I was finding when I got up that the pictures we have in frames on the mantle seemed to be moving. Beatle Babe would get up before me and they were normal, then when she'd left, I'd go through and th odd one was facing not the right direction, then it ept happening and one day two of them were facing right the way around, and the rest were in strange positions too.

I called and asked if it was her doing it and she said no and was compeltely freaked out (she'd 'prone' to ghostly experiences anyway).

I maintain that our cat probably walked past and turned them, as she often goes up and rubs against them - but turning two right the way around has a low-ish probability.

Re: Ghosts
DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Fri 07 Nov, 2008 7:26 PM Quote
I meant to mention - as for 'most haunted' - what a pile of garbage!!

"what was that..." "did you see that..." "oooh that was weird...." WHAT?! What was weird?! Why can the camera NEVER see anything happen?!

Why do they always have to parade around in the middle of he night WITH THE LIGHTS OFF?! ARe ghosts afraid of light or something?

And whats with them trying to 'make contact' and beggin ghosts to make a noise etc, then when they do they start screaming and crying and running away?! How flipping rude!!!

They do everything so the mind 'just happens' to be in a position its veyr likely to make up shapes and sounds and people are likely to agree and sub-consiously conspire with each other.

When they show a single scrap of evidence I'll take it seriously.

As far the ones that keep getting posessed - they have actually been proven to be faking it - I'll explain how if you don't already know.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Fri 07 Nov, 2008 8:19 PM Quote
I was going to post something similar to this before Halloween as it seemed fitting, but I totally forgot.

There is this society here that goes around and does ghost investigations...all voluntarily. They are called the Ghost Investigators Society. Anyway, they go with their cameras and recording devices around to supposedly haunted places. Every year they go on the radio and do a show where they will play their recordings. Some of them are pretty creepy. I'm not sure what to believe. I guess it's entirely possible and I have had some weird experiences. They say if you want to find out if a ghost is living in your house, you should leave a sound recording device going when you leave your house and it might pick up something. I don't know if I'd want to know though. I am interested to hear other's thoughts on this as well.

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Fri 07 Nov, 2008 8:57 PM Quote
that is so weird that you bring this up cuz today my friend posted this pic on facebook. her mom took it at a church in Rome. apparently "there was no one around" her and the boy on the right looks like a dead relative. i think it is a bunch of crap, BUT the bald man in the top right corner is a lil creepy. personally i think she just hit the shutter wrong and there was leftover incense smoke or something.

EDIT: oops, i guess the pic doesn't work. sorries :P

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Fri 07 Nov, 2008 9:03 PM Quote
Meridith wrote:
I was going to post something similar to this before Halloween as it seemed fitting, but I totally forgot.

There is this society here that goes around and does ghost investigations...all voluntarily. They are called the Ghost Investigators Society. Anyway, they go with their cameras and recording devices around to supposedly haunted places. Every year they go on the radio and do a show where they will play their recordings. Some of them are pretty creepy. I'm not sure what to believe. I guess it's entirely possible and I have had some weird experiences. They say if you want to find out if a ghost is living in your house, you should leave a sound recording device going when you leave your house and it might pick up something. I don't know if I'd want to know though. I am interested to hear other's thoughts on this as well.

sounds as bad as 'most haunted'.

When i was younger i left a recorder on for several nights running as an experiment and didnt pick up anything unusual.
I mean why would a recorder hear anything different to us? and why does the house have to be empty, etc - it doesnt make any sense. I think its just people who have over-active imaginations - I have one as well but theres just no evidence.
Like I say I'm open to the idea - but I'd like someone to give me a single good reason why we should take any notice of 'most haunted' - set of idiots. As bad as Colin Fry and his god-awful belief in talking to the dead.

I'd like to know what would happen if he told me he's talking to my papa, and I'd ask what he was saying, then start speaking in polish (his language) - I bet he couldnt pass THAT message on. Id say "But papa doesn't speak english..."

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Fri 07 Nov, 2008 9:24 PM Quote
I forgot to mention another thing that happened - two actually.

One was when we ere living in our 1870s city centre flat, beatle babe was in the living room watching tv at night time, and kept hearing me shout on her and tap on the wall saying "kyle would you come here", and she came through and I was sound asleep. Now OF course I put this down to the possibility of sleep-talking (which Im slightly susceptible to) but she insists I was too sound asleep.

The other was in our current place, we were both asleep, and suddenly I remember having some sort of dream about being shaken, then I woke up and felt a litle like I was falling or being swayed. I woke up properly and she said was completely panicked asking if that was me, and I said what - still drousy - she said she was just woken up because the bed was swaying hard from side to side all of a sudden and scared the crap out of her - i told her i thought that was a dream but do remember waking up due to some shaking. She says ses confident the bed seemed to be shaking side to side but couldnt commit to how or why, and I think I was probably doing another weird sleeping thing and shaking by mself from side to side. Only thing is, I tried doing this as an experiment just lying there, and I couldn't budge the heavy bed...I'm really not sure about that one - I think perhaps a combo of both of us moving around in our sleep all of a sudden by coincidence, and perhaps a draft

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 07 Nov, 2008 9:58 PM Quote
I don't really believe in ghosts but talking about stuff creeps me out a lot! I don't like being at home alone at night (it's fine in the daytime) either but it's not because of ghosts particularly, just a nice slab of irrational fear on my part :S

What I thought this thread was about:
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb108/Placid_Carrot/ghostslogo.jpg

Steph_canuck
Steph_canuck Posted Fri 07 Nov, 2008 10:29 PM Quote
OH I have one!
well, its kinda crappy when explaining it, but when it happened...it was creepy
So, a couple years ago my brother (who was really into the paranormal stuff) planned this over night trip with our younger sister, his friend, and myself to this building. This was possible because the building was owned by my Uncle, a psychiatrist, and my father worked there as well. Also, it was previously owned by my Grandfather who was also a Shink, however, unlike my uncles practice, my grandfather had a stay-in facility in the upstairs portion of the building....
I apologize for the detailed history...But I may as well keep going...
So this area had patients who were a bit touched in the head and there were a couple shifty deaths (this was back in the 60s and 70s). After the upstairs was closed down my dad, and uncles would always tell us ghost stories about the place. Since my father had started working there, there were really strange things happening (for example files being “thrown” across the room in a windowless, locked room, strange smells, and lights at night and junk like that). I was also waiting for my father to lock up one night and was helping him by shredding some files, I TOTALLY heard someone whisper my name just outside the door, so I went out and no one was there and I called to my dad to see what he wanted, and he was at the other side of the building...but thats not what I was getting at...
Sooo, my Bro wanted to ...investigate...and I came along, basically to make fun of him and jump out from behind doors to scare the crap out of him (which I did many times). We wanted to stay in the upstairs where many things supposedly happened, and we did, our father unlocked the doors and let us in, and left us alone. After an evening of nothing, we were all sleeping, or trying to...I was reading a “Sabrina the Teenaged Witch” book (yes, they existed) and started to nod off. Im a pretty light sleeper and I remember waking up after I heard the sound of a metal chair being dragged along tiled floor. I didnt want to open my eyes, but I did to check if maybe some one got up to go to the washroom...everyone was there and asleep. I eventually fell back asleep. The next morning we were all woken up by my father opening the upstairs door triggering a VERY loud alarm. We all jumped up to see what it was, my Father rushed over to us asking who turned on the alarm. We all had blank looks. He then took a chair in the hall, dragged it across the tiled floor and switched off this high, heavy switch to turn off the alarm. Needless to say I got some goose bumps...
Hopefully that wasn’t tooo badly explained...iv never been one for writing unfortunately

Meridith
Meridith Posted Fri 07 Nov, 2008 11:41 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:

When i was younger i left a recorder on for several nights running as an experiment and didnt pick up anything unusual.
I mean why would a recorder hear anything different to us? and why does the house have to be empty, etc - it doesnt make any sense. I think its just people who have over-active imaginations - I have one as well but theres just no evidence.

Yeah, I have no idea why a recorder would pick up something or as to why the house needs to be empty. My husband's co-worker has told him stories of toys going off in the night and the sound of a child laughing and running through their hallway. There was one night I was trying to fall asleep and was just laying on my side with my back facing the bedroom door. While I was laying there it sounded like someone came into the room and stood next to my bed. It really felt like someone was standing behind me. I turned over to see if my daughter had come in, but no one was there. Who knows?

Meridith
Meridith Posted Fri 07 Nov, 2008 11:43 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
I don't really believe in ghosts but talking about stuff creeps me out a lot!

Yeah, it gives me the heebie jeebies talking about it too. *shivers* Still interested in what other people say though.

Steph_Canuck...that is a creepy story!

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Fri 07 Nov, 2008 11:56 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:

Well one reason could be that people really do make a lot of noise, and we're so used to it we don't even notice. So if the house was empty other noises could be picked up easier.

I don't particularly believe anything either way (I'm like that with a lot of things) but I used to be really gullible when i was younger, which my family really took advantage of - any wardrobe door opening at night and i was told it was a ghost, and became terrified!

momentslast
momentslast Posted Sat 08 Nov, 2008 12:45 AM Quote
Hi

I have a couple of quick stories for you.

When I was younger, I used to work behind the bar of the local pub, on a few occassions after I'd kicked everyone out, I'd be in the pub on my own waiting for the landlord and his wife to return. Quite often I'd hear nosies, but the one night, the ladies toilet door opened and closed on it's own. The door was in my view at that time (although I had the lights all off), no-one was there, there were no draughts as all windows were shut and the door was to heavy anyway to be moved by a draught, plus you had turn the handle to open and shut it completly, very spookie!!

My most convincing experience though comes with a witness. About 3 years ago, me and the wife rented a house, we all saw and heard things on a daily routine, even my niece who babysat for us one night, said she heard footsteps coming down the stairs, and thought it was one of the kids, so went to see who it was and found no-one there, she never babysat again after that. One night though, or should I say one morning around 4am, I was woken up by a loud bang, I sat upright in bed, then again I heard another loud bang. It was coming from the kitchen, which was right under our bedroom, I woke the wife up, and we both listened... nothing, then all of a sudden there where loads of bangs, it sounded like we had a burgler going through all our kitchen cuboards, and they weren't bothered about how much noise they made.

This went on for a few minutes, we were both convinced that there was someone downstairs. I was shitting myself, but knew that I had to go down and check it out, I made as much noise as possible getting out of bed, hopeing that who ever was down there would hear and do a runner. I crept down the stairs, half-way down I could see into the kitchen, it all looked ok, so very nervously I creept down the rest of the stairs and flicked the lights on..nothing again. I went into the kitchen and none of the cuboard were open, I checked around all the downstairs, it was all ok, all the windows and doors were shut, no one had been in the house.

It was a very alarming experience, and one I don't want to encounter again, we moved out of that house a few months later, thank god, lol.

Dave

OHMEATPIES
OHMEATPIES Posted Sat 08 Nov, 2008 4:28 AM Quote
My friend actually lived a quite freaky story.

She was 10-years-old and started feeling bad during class and went to the infirmary. During a break, a young boy came to the window and started talking to her. He was very kind and wished her to get better soon.

She later realized that the infirmary was at the second floor. A flying fifthgrader. uh-oh.

barlickbabe
barlickbabe Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 9:32 PM Quote
My work colleague had a ghost in the first house she lived in,it was an old cottage, what was weird about it was that she couldn't see it but her small children could.When her children were small their eyes would follow something around the room and they would laugh and smile at it yet there was nothing there but she sensed the cold and a presence. Weird things used to happen to her she once went to the toilet and the toilet roll was there one minute and gone the next and when she went downstairs it was in the middle of the table. She used to hear footsteps upstairs frequently. She sold the house and since she left it has changed hands lots of times, more than normal and she believes it was because it was haunted

barlickbabe
barlickbabe Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 9:41 PM Quote
and another...
Someone I used to know who was a nurse and part of her job was to lay children out when they had died. One day she was laying out a young boy and she pulled the curtains round her and put her pinny on which tied at the back and round her neck. She was washing the boy down and preparing him for the family when she felt a tug on the back of her neck and her pinny fell off she put it back on and tied it tightly this time and it happened again and again. She sensed it was the boy who had just died playing mischievous tricks on her so she told him to get on his way and she felt a breath on her face and then he was gone.

A ouija board also told my mum of my fathers death that he was going to get killed in a road accident in a van ..and several years later that's exactly what happened .. it chills me to the bone when I think about it ...I don't think we should fool around with things we don't understand.
Not a thing to be messed with we will get the answers when our time comes.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 9:47 AM