Travis

Re: What is the capital of Germany?
RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Sun 09 Nov, 2008 1:40 AM Quote
OMG, now i can see that not just in latinamericans schools the education is poor.

The capital is Berlin...

And now answer quickly (Bundesländer in Deutschland):

Capital of Schleswig Holstein:
Capital of Baden-Württemberg:
Capital of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern:

And a plus; capital of Bremen: XD

lilly
lilly Posted Sun 09 Nov, 2008 10:40 AM Quote
Just so this is finally done with:

Capital of Schleswig Holstein: Kiel
Capital of Baden-Württemberg: Stuttgart
Capital of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern: Schwerin

capital of Bremen: Bremen. But there's something strange about Bremen: It's called a "Stadtstaat"(a state that is one city, that's where the "XD" came from ;)), but in faaaaact there's two cities: Bremen AND Bremerhaven [even though they're not even connected geographically] ;D so there is in fact a choice of two when it comes to the "Capital"

silvella
silvella Posted Sun 09 Nov, 2008 9:32 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
silvella wrote:

Nikki, I was totally surprised that you feel isolated in the USA?? For most Europeans, the USA seems to be the centre of the world!

What I meant (and I think Nikki means) about being isolated is precisely because of what you said. We isolate ourselves because the world comes to us. We are not having to go out of our way to seek the world.

Okay, I understand. Seems as if we are ALL far away from global thinking - as much as we'd like to (no affront to somebody, I incluce myself). Maybe our local problems are closer to us than those from others... We need another (better) school system, other school subjects. How shall our children be cosmopolitans when they don't learn to understand other nations, religions, cultures? So, do you agree with me that this is (worldwide) an essential problem of education?
(Wow, great discussion!!)

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 12:40 AM Quote
lilly wrote:
capital of Bremen: Bremen. But there's something strange about Bremen: It's called a "Stadtstaat"(a state that is one city, that's where the "XD" came from ;)), but in faaaaact there's two cities: Bremen AND Bremerhaven [even though they're not even connected geographically] ;D so there is in fact a choice of two when it comes to the "Capital"

Yes i know, that´s thje why i said: "a plus: Bremen"
I haven´t been in Bremen before, but i´ll try to visit Bremen next year. But then, Bremen is a Stadtstaat with his own capital?

bara
bara Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 2:23 PM Quote
i like this conversation..^^

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 2:33 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Awww shut the fuck up

Yer a bunch of gun totting semi-psychotic fucing maniacs.

Dubz

you left out ignorant , bible thumping , i'm offended . please opoligize for leaving the Christain right out of your statement , or Maryhill will be Toast !

I apologize most profusely for leaving out the born again fundaMENTALists, it was indeed a terrible oversight.

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 2:45 PM Quote
Dear Dubz ,

appology accepted now sin no more

Pages Previous 1...3 4 5 6 [7] All Times BST Current Time 4:25 PM