Travis

Re: Fave Album Cover
81 Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 12:41 PM Quote
.......The invisible band

milos
milos Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 1:10 PM Quote
thehitcher wrote:
Depends which 'Good Feeling' cover you mean? There's two versions one is better than the other. The cover to my copy is awful :-(

Yes, the original one is much better! I like all of them. If i had to pick one.. Maybe The Invisible Band.

TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 2:34 PM Quote
I too would have to say The Invisible Band is my favourite.

I would put them in this order:

1. The Invisible Band - I love the rees on it and the fact that it is hard to see the guys, I feel kinda stupid admitting it but it did take me a while to realise that the guys were on the cover, I didn't realise it was a full tree, I thought at first it was branches on a tree and then noticed they were full trees and the guys were stood under them. Great cover, considering it was hard to spot them and the album was called The Invisible Band.

2. 12 Memories - It is a piece of art as others have said before and I see it all the time I go into my room as I have one of the art prints of it on my wall just above my bed, it's just brilliant the four seperate pieces joined up and the layers.

3. The Boy With No Name - It reminds me of the cover of The Invisible Band and it is so epic, the way the guys look so small compared to the buildings but at the same time they look as though they are on top of the world.

4. The Man Who - I love the scene, the grass, the snow, the way the guys are standing around, it looks calm and really sets the tone for the album.

5. Ode To J.Smith - It's a great simple but strong cover, I was walking through Zavvi a few days ago and it really stands out, there were only two little sections in the rows but those two covers stood out in a crowd of album covers, it's a simple but very effective cover.

6. Good Feeling (White Cover) - It's a shame I have the black one but not the white one, I think the cover of this one looks very strange but great, the way it includes items seen in the covers for their singles from that album and how the guys all seem to be occupied doing something. If they brought out Good Feeling with this album cover in shops again, despite me having the black cover I would buy it to go with the others.

7. Singles I dunno if I was to include this but I think it's a great "look down memory lane" type cover, with the photos on the oldish looking wall near the window with the matches. The artwork for this was brilliant too, the photo with some of the items they used for singles and the previous albums.

8. Good Feeling (Black Cover) I never really saw anything that stood out too much with this album but I suppose looking at it now it is cool to see how young the guys were when they had their first album.

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 3:14 PM Quote
12 memories
The invisible band
The boy with no name

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 3:21 PM Quote
The Invisible Band

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 7:27 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Yeah, Good Feeling has 2 covers. I have the awful black cover. It is bad. lol

This is the one I have.
http://api.ning.com/files/j2M1I3T7jzkqFeE4BRd72Qfc8hCg5WhD7A25qN6p4Wk_/goodfeeling.jpg

It's not my favourite album cover it has to be said haha Is the other cover to 'Good Feeling' rare? I've never ever seen it in the shops the only cover I've ever seen is the one above.

My favourite album cover is a toss between 'The Invisible Band' and '12 Memories'

rebekah
rebekah Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 7:56 PM Quote
Hmm I'd say The Invisible Band cos it's all natureyy :)

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 12:02 AM Quote
12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories!!!!

MariaMak
MariaMak Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 12:13 AM Quote
Invisible band. yup

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 1:05 AM Quote
The Man Who

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 1:06 AM Quote
The Man Who.

singme0430
singme0430 Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 2:33 AM Quote
Honestly, Ode To J. Smith. It's quite different from the others. It looks totally unique. And also 12 Memories. Well, all of them are great, though. ;)

sputnik_sweetheart
sputnik_sweetheart Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 3:17 AM Quote
Ode to J. Smith is so strange.

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 8:22 AM Quote
this is tough.

but probably the man who for me=)

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 2:15 PM Quote
Rammsfer wrote:
12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories 12 Memories!!!!

hehe I love '12 Memories' too it's really arty and moody with it being in black and white.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:24 PM