Travis

Re: 'unpopular' Travis songs you love
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 6:12 PM Quote
thehitcher wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
Tail Of The Tiger is really good. I don't think it's as strong as Used To Belong or Sarah (they are probably my top 2 b-sides after all) but it's better than Get Up. :)

haha you really don't like 'Get Up' do you hehe I really like 'Get Up', each to their own tho :-D it would be boring if we all liked the same songs. I've got to say I really like 'The Sea' reminds me abit of Elbow.

No, i do like Get Up but it shouldn't be on the album. I said i don't dislike any album track. It's catchy, it's ok but it's nowhere near good enough to be on the album. Extremely repetitive. Just look at the lyrics in the booklet. I think Tail Of The Tiger "is really good" like i said and is a lot better than Get Up.

I love Elbow. :)

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 6:44 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
thehitcher wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
Tail Of The Tiger is really good. I don't think it's as strong as Used To Belong or Sarah (they are probably my top 2 b-sides after all) but it's better than Get Up. :)

haha you really don't like 'Get Up' do you hehe I really like 'Get Up', each to their own tho :-D it would be boring if we all liked the same songs. I've got to say I really like 'The Sea' reminds me abit of Elbow.

No, i do like Get Up but it shouldn't be on the album. I said i don't dislike any album track. It's catchy, it's ok but it's nowhere near good enough to be on the album. Extremely repetitive. Just look at the lyrics in the booklet. I think Tail Of The Tiger "is really good" like i said and is a lot better than Get Up.

Even tho I really like 'Get Up' I do agree it should have been replaced with either 'Sarah' or 'Tail of the Tiger'. 'Sarah' is so good it's absolutely crazy it's not on the album! Elbow are amazing :-D every album they've done is great and they're amazing live too!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 6:54 PM Quote
thehitcher wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
thehitcher wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Even tho I really like 'Get Up' I do agree it should have been replaced with either 'Sarah' or 'Tail of the Tiger'. 'Sarah' is so good it's absolutely crazy it's not on the album! Elbow are amazing :-D every album they've done is great and they're amazing live too!

I think all 3 would work and be better than Get Up though my vote would be Used To Belong. Ode's b-sides could be the best lot of b-sides for an album yet! :) Though saying that, they did have 21 b-sides for Good Feeling. lol Point being, i'm sure there are 6 GREAT ones in there somewhere. :)

Never seen them live. I had a chance to see them here in Leicester next month but i can't make it. Was so disappointed. I have all 4 of there albums. Got numbers 3 and 4 a few months before all the hype with their Mercury Music Prize win. Loved both, glad they won. Only recently got albums 1 and 2 and i've hardly listened to them yet. But i'm sure they'll be great. :)

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 7:38 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
thehitcher wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
thehitcher wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

I think all 3 would work and be better than Get Up though my vote would be Used To Belong. Ode's b-sides could be the best lot of b-sides for an album yet! :) Though saying that, they did have 21 b-sides for Good Feeling. lol Point being, i'm sure there are 6 GREAT ones in there somewhere. :)

Never seen them live. I had a chance to see them here in Leicester next month but i can't make it. Was so disappointed. I have all 4 of there albums. Got numbers 3 and 4 a few months before all the hype with their Mercury Music Prize win. Loved both, glad they won. Only recently got albums 1 and 2 and i've hardly listened to them yet. But i'm sure they'll be great. :)

The first two albums are their best. I think they should have won a Mercury years ago so I was made up they finally got some recognision this year :-D. I've seen Elbow 5 times, they get better each time I see them. I've got my fingers crossed you get to see them, you won't be disappointed when you do.

Anyway, back to Travis hahaha I'm hoping for a B-sides album to be released in the future. There's so many great B sides Travis have recorded, it would be great to have them all on one CD.

ayana
ayana Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 7:39 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Chances, My Last Chance, The Great Unknown, This Love, The Day To Day, You Bring Me Down. :) I think all of those are really good. But maybe i'm weird. lol

Was Chances a real song then? lol.
I remember people talking about it but I didn't know it had been released...

As for my favourite unpopular song... Maybe Under The Moonlight. I love KT Tunstall's backing vocals.
Or Eyes Wide Open.

ayana
ayana Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 7:42 PM Quote
thehitcher wrote:
Anyway, back to Travis hahaha I'm hoping for a B-sides album to be released in the future. There's so many great B sides Travis have recorded, it would be great to have them all on one CD.

The initial project was to have 4 CDs with all the b-sides released in a few months time, lol.
actually we would need at least 5 albums now!

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 7:44 PM Quote
ayana wrote:
thehitcher wrote:

The initial project was to have 4 CDs with all the b-sides released in a few months time, lol.

I like that idea! I want it, I want it!

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 7:44 PM Quote
ayana wrote:
thehitcher wrote:

hahaha a B side boxset, even better!!! :-D

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 11:47 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Oh, and I should say: popular songs that you dislike: Used To Belong. I don't like it at all.

LOL You know the way I feel then with people liking The Sea. I'm like 'are we hearing the same song'. But it's funny because I think we both recognise why each other dislikes the song we dislike. I think you don't like the 'do do do do do' music on Used To Belong. LOL Is that right? And yet I think that sounds really great. :) It's seriously one of my favourite Travis songs. I mean, top 20. :) But they've done so many great songs I'd put loads as 'one of my favourites.'

Oh and I also really like You Bring Me Down. :)

You're absolutely right! LOL!!!
I think it's too cheesy.

And thehitcher (I don't know your name, sorry!), I agree. I think Tail Of The Tiger and Sarah are the best new b-sides so far.
When I listened to Used To Belong and Tail Of The Tiger I had already read everyone's comments here saying that Used To Belong was amazing and Tail Of The Tiger not so much, so I wasn't expecting to love Tail Of The Tiger and dislike Used To Belong :oP

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 12:18 AM Quote
this are my favourites not in order... but i love them!!!

The Cage
We are monkeys
The last laugh of the laughter
Big Chair
Sailing Away
Peace The Fuck Out
Get Up
The Fear
As You Are
The Humpty Dumpty Love Song

steeler62
steeler62 Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 12:49 AM Quote
3 times and you loose probably have to be my favorute. The guitars are awsome.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 1:50 AM Quote
Under the moonlight <3!

yuzuki
yuzuki Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 2:26 AM Quote
Uhm...

"Good day to die" is amazing!

healyramirez
healyramirez Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 8:47 AM Quote

out of space
friends
Walking Down the Hill

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 11:11 AM Quote
Right, there's a lot to reply to...

I really like The Sea, nice atmosphere.

I like Some Sad Song more than Walking Down The Hill,
haven't heard much love for it yet.

Luke, lol, found any staff yet :P

Ben, I wouldn't replace any of the TBWNN album tracks with b-sides, they're all pretty good but none of them sparkle like Tail of the Tiger for example. I don't think TOTT is as good, but it has more purpose in my opinion, and I come back to listen more often because of that.

Love Colder, it is a huge colourful blob on the predominantly beige TBWNN canvas. Like Out of Space too, I think it's bogged down by the other slow ones around it.

How about Sing? I adore it, quite possibly my favourite song in the world, but I know some of the long-term boardies on here aren't too keen.

Oh, Last Train! Love it less than I used to but still love it!

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:08 AM