Travis

Re: 'unpopular' Travis songs you love
minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 7:23 PM Quote
Chiito-chan wrote:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Well, I love most of the songs you people have mentioned, and I didn't know they were unpopular until now haha.

Hahaha, i didn't know Closer was an unpopular song.

ya i dont know what we are classifying as unpopular here. Ones that other people dont like but we do? Or ones that are less known. Bc generally most album tracks are well known. Atleast by us crazies.

leticia
leticia Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 7:41 PM Quote
Chiito-chan wrote:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Well, I love most of the songs you people have mentioned, and I didn't know they were unpopular until now haha.

Hahaha, i didn't know Colder was an unpopular song.

Me neither!

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 8:08 PM Quote
I love 'Dear Diary'. 'Last Train' is also another favourite of mine too! 'Sailing Away' is fantastic aswell I thought most people liked that one tho. Also 'Under The Moonlight' is another one I really love aswell, I seem to remember a few people not liking that one when 'The Boy With No Name' came out, I personally loved it. In fact has anyone got Susan Hug's version at all, pretty please?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 8:22 PM Quote
i love Under the Moonlight! and the Cage!
apperently i like a lot of songs that others done. Although most of us in here do. So...they are the weirdos.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 8:23 PM Quote
The Cage is a beautiful song, is there actually anyone who doesn't like it?

TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 9:25 PM Quote
Dunno if they can be called "unpopular" but I dunno if they get talked about much, the ones I love that I don't think are considered very popular are Falling Down, The Cage, Follow The Light, Indefinetly, Paperclips, Somewhere Else, Mid-life Krysis, Happy To Hang Around, Walking Down The Hill, Under The Moonlight and Colder, and I don't think any songs on Ode are considered "unpopular" by any of us lol.

rebekah
rebekah Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 9:49 PM Quote
Ahh that was so weird! As I opened the thread i was listening to dear diary..a very lovely song :)

Ahh The cage..love it..it is soo beautiful!

And She's So Strange...love love love!
I also adore Sarah..i know it's not hugely unpopular..but i just don't think it gets the credit it deserves.

healyramirez
healyramirez Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 10:28 PM Quote

luv

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 10:56 PM Quote
TheInvisibleBoy wrote:
Follow The Light

The first time I listened through TIB, two songs jumped out a mile as singles to me, Sing and Follow The Light. I still reckon if there was any justice, FTL would have been a single and I think it would have done pretty nicely. One of THE great Travis album tracks, along with Battleships.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 11:31 PM Quote
Mikko85 wrote:
TheInvisibleBoy wrote:
Follow The Light

The first time I listened through TIB, two songs jumped out a mile as singles to me, Sing and Follow The Light. I still reckon if there was any justice, FTL would have been a single and I think it would have done pretty nicely. One of THE great Travis album tracks, along with Battleships.
I agree with you about Follow the Light. I think its one of the best on TIB and doesn't get the recognition it deserves.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 11:43 PM Quote
leticia wrote:

And I certainly like VILLAGE MAN!! I thought I was crazy ahahaha. What about these ones:

Me Beside You
I Forget My Name
Reason (one of my favourites)

I always include them in my mp3 player : )

I Forget My Name is unpopular? I've only recently discovered it but I love love love it!!!
And i quite like Village Man too.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 11:47 PM Quote
Yeah...we need to define what's classified as "unpopular"...there are so many songs being thrown around now that I've never heard anyone say they dislike. Like "Happy To Hang Around"?? What? Who doesn't like that song? It's flippin' amazing.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 12:00 AM Quote
Nikki's right. Some 'unpopular' songs here I've always thought were well liked by everyone. The Cage for example. So beautiful. One of Travis' best acoustic thing type songs. :) I think both Coming Around and especially Walking In The Sun SEEM to be under rated. My least favourite single is The Beautiful Occupation. I think I really love every other Travis single. :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 12:08 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Nikki's right. Some 'unpopular' songs here I've always thought were well liked by everyone. The Cage for example. So beautiful. One of Travis' best acoustic thing type songs. :) I think both Coming Around and especially Walking In The Sun SEEM to be under rated. My least favourite single is The Beautiful Occupation. I think I really love every other Travis single. :)

I love "Coming Around" and really, REALLY love "Walking In The Sun"! :)

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 12:15 AM Quote
The original thread idea was the songs that regularly came up in the 'least favourite Travis song' thread from a few weeks back. I've tried to find that thread, will have another look in a bit. But there were definitely some regular names in there -

- Dear Diary
- Last Laugh of the Laughter
- Broken Mirror (more recently!)
- Peace the F*ck Out
- We Are Monkeys- Paperclips

etc.

Agree it's weird seeing some of these songs - I thought The Cage, Follow The Light, Sailing Away etc etc were really popular around here. Also surprised me to find The Sea mentioned here and in the previous thread as I always thought that was THE fan's choice as the hidden gem b-side.

Shows how subjective it all is I guess.

Also completely agree both Coming Around and especially Walking in the Sun (which is close to my fave Travis song of all) are fantastic. Coming Around was a top five hit and summer 2000 anthem so I don't think it's that underrated really, but WITS definitely was by the public if not on here.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:50 AM