Travis

Re: Last film you saw
champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 10:14 AM Quote
In the IF (Independent Film festival) I saw several films. A film called "The Man Who Loved Yngve" was a high light. Indie goodness from Norway with superior soundtracks echoing from 80s. The Jesus and Mary Chain, Sonic Youth, The Cure...etc. Great story.

And "Just Another Love Story" from Denmark was a real thriller. Recommended to all who can bother with subtitles.

Through the music perspective, I liked "Berlin Calling" too. Indie stuff from Germany.

Robyn
Robyn Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 6:56 PM Quote
Last night i watched Little Miss Sunshine, which i've had on dvd for a while and haven't had time to watch, and i have to say it's fantastic :) i loved it! greg kinnear's brilliant, as is steve carell. abigail breslin is surely the next dakota fanning! i remembered her from m night shyamalan's signs and she's so cute lol. it's a must see, although most people have already seen it probably! :D x

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 7:18 PM Quote
Robyn wrote:
Last night i watched Little Miss Sunshine, which i've had on dvd for a while and haven't had time to watch, and i have to say it's fantastic :) i loved it! greg kinnear's brilliant, as is steve carell. abigail breslin is surely the next dakota fanning! i remembered her from m night shyamalan's signs and she's so cute lol. it's a must see, although most people have already seen it probably! :D x

I love that movie, Jim Carey is brilliant when he does more "serious" roles :) It's a piece of art!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 7:23 PM Quote
I saw The Reader the other day. I liked it. Not a masterpiece, but it's ok.

And on saturday my friend rented this terrible movie called Beautiful Ohio. Worst movie I've seen in months. Only my friend can rent a film like that one.

Robyn
Robyn Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 7:51 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I love that movie, Jim Carey is brilliant when he does more "serious" roles :) It's a piece of art!

yes me too! he's good in 40-year-old-virgin etc, but i prefer him when he's more serious. of course the same is true for Jim Carrey...he's ok as the mask or in liar liar etc, but he's better in the truman show :) although i'm guessing you meant Steve Carell, unless Jim Carrey was hiding in the minivan... ;) it's easy to mix up these Car-somethings :) lol x

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 24 Feb, 2009 12:12 AM Quote
Vanilla Sky was on TV last night... utter crap, predictable, pretentious, Total Recall/Eternal Sunshine crap. It's been done before and done a whole lot better.

Dubz

Nell
Nell Posted Tue 24 Feb, 2009 11:33 AM Quote

Has someone seen "V-Vandetta"?

I didn't really enjoy the movie.

It was kinda predictable, and a thing between 1984 and The Phantom Of The Opera...

nothing really new, nothing really special....even the thing with the roses...

Bad comic, bad movie...

But I liked "Wanted" although it doesn't really make sense in the end....

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 24 Feb, 2009 11:44 AM Quote
Robyn wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

yes me too! he's good in 40-year-old-virgin etc, but i prefer him when he's more serious. of course the same is true for Jim Carrey...he's ok as the mask or in liar liar etc, but he's better in the truman show :) although i'm guessing you meant Steve Carell, unless Jim Carrey was hiding in the minivan... ;) it's easy to mix up these Car-somethings :) lol x

Haha I'm SO sorry, I shouldn't be on here when I'm tired! I thought you were talking about Eternal Sunshine, that's the movie I was refering too, lol! I haven't seen Little Miss Sunshine :S

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Tue 24 Feb, 2009 8:32 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

Has someone seen "V-Vandetta"?

I didn't really enjoy the movie.

It was kinda predictable, and a thing between 1984 and The Phantom Of The Opera...

nothing really new, nothing really special....even the thing with the roses...

Bad comic, bad movie...

But I liked "Wanted" although it doesn't really make sense in the end....

Me
Yeah l didn't like it

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 1:42 AM Quote
Finally I could see the son of rambo... nice :D

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 4:02 AM Quote
The Oxford Murders....
didn't really like it.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 5:53 AM Quote
Yulia Nox wrote:
The Oxford Murders....
didn't really like it.

I read the book (Crímenes Imperceptibles) like a year before they made the movie. It's much better, not amazing, but it's entertaining. I didn't like the movie either.

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 10:42 AM Quote
alanistradi wrote:
Finally I could see the son of rambo... nice :D

It was rather nice wasn't it=)Pretty heartwarming..Did u watch the bit where they appeared for a short cameo?I could only spot Neil,Dougie and Andy but no Fran in sight..

spid
spid Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 5:44 PM Quote
Ironman!!!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 7:35 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Vanilla Sky was on TV last night... utter crap, predictable, pretentious, Total Recall/Eternal Sunshine crap. It's been done before and done a whole lot better.

Dubz

LOL!

I watched that too and it was the first time I had watched it. I LOVED it! lol Ok so it had Tom Cruise in it who I am not a huge fan of but I really enjoyed the storyline but really really loved the soundtrack.

Pages Previous 1...22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:26 AM