Travis

Re: Last film you saw
alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Mon 16 Feb, 2009 7:28 PM Quote
frandougeil wrote:
alanistradi wrote:
frandougeil wrote:
I heard all the hype goin on about Slumdog Millionaire but have yet to watch it.I love Trainspotting.I thought Danny Boyle did a great job on tt one!

I'm a bit skeptical about this new one thou amidst all the hoo-ha about it.I've watched a couple of Hindi movies and am not a big fan of the theatrical over the top-ness of it all.And his new one def has glimpses of Hindi movie influences like the bursting into the dance scenes..which can sometimes be good and sometimes bad..Plus i saw the trailer and found the whole rags to riches portrayal a little too cheesy for my liking..Maybe I'm being over judgmental..But what do those who have seen the movie think of it?Is is worth recommending??

Definitely... nothing compare with typical bollywood movies, that's for sure.
Totally recomended, you won't regret it :D

Alrite!I'll watch it soon and let u noe what i think about it=)

ok! Let me know! :D

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Mon 16 Feb, 2009 11:29 PM Quote
The Merchant of Venice. My brother was watching it in college for his english course so I tagged along. Was quite good, although I don't really like Al Pacino, I do like Jeremy Irons alot. It's the second Shakespeare I've seen this week, saw King Lear in the theatre for my english course.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 21 Feb, 2009 3:55 PM Quote
'He's Just Not That Into You'. Chick flick, obviously, but not too sweet and with good performances. Kinda reminded me of Love Actually. Really enjoyed it.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Sat 21 Feb, 2009 5:21 PM Quote
The Da Vinci Code

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sat 21 Feb, 2009 5:46 PM Quote
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I loved it, one of my favourite movies now.

Monica
Monica Posted Sat 21 Feb, 2009 5:53 PM Quote
Rammsfer wrote:
The Da Vinci Code

Finished the book on Thursday and saw the film yesterday. I have to say that I didn't like the book but in my opinion the film is even worse :S

barlickbabe
barlickbabe Posted Sat 21 Feb, 2009 5:56 PM Quote
Kinky Boots was on tv just after new year . Great English film
http://www.kinkyboots-movie.com/

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sat 21 Feb, 2009 6:21 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
Rammsfer wrote:
The Da Vinci Code

Finished the book on Thursday and saw the film yesterday. I have to say that I didn't like the book but in my opinion the film is even worse :S

Yes, that's exactly how I feel. It was just a bad thriller in my opinion, don't know what anyone sees in it.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 22 Feb, 2009 2:55 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
'He's Just Not That Into You'. Chick flick, obviously, but not too sweet and with good performances. Kinda reminded me of Love Actually. Really enjoyed it.

Just saw this tonight. Good chick flick but not great. Better to wait for it to come out on DVD.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Sun 22 Feb, 2009 4:42 AM Quote
Monica wrote:
Rammsfer wrote:
The Da Vinci Code

l hate both :S!
And now with all this "Angels And Demons" stuff...l don't know what to think...

Moray
Moray Posted Sun 22 Feb, 2009 10:58 AM Quote
An hour and a half of 'There Will Be Blood'. Which was absolutely amazing. Until I fell asleep. Will watch the end today.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sun 22 Feb, 2009 4:06 PM Quote
Confessions of a Shopaholic

It was funny and a total chick flick! I loved the books so much I was looking forward to the film. One thing I can't understand is WHY did they base it in NY? That's where she goes in the second book! And they are British based books....that kinda pissed me off. But apart from that Isla Fisher plays a great Becky Bloomwood.

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Sun 22 Feb, 2009 4:17 PM Quote
Finaallly...got to watch Doubt

It was good!Superb performances by Meryl Streep and Philip Seymour..I hope they get something at the Oscars!

Moray
Moray Posted Sun 22 Feb, 2009 6:30 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
An hour and a half of 'There Will Be Blood'. Which was absolutely amazing. Until I fell asleep. Will watch the end today.

watched the end of it - amazing!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 22 Feb, 2009 9:55 PM Quote
I'm watching Grease 2 and doing my homework. *BARF*

Pages Previous 1...21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:12 PM